Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

2017-2018 Roster/Transaction Discussion Thread

You know the drill. Use this thread for any discussions on the roster, individual players, depth chart, trade rumors, transactions, etc. throughout the year.

guys i would cry if they arent sixers forever:
    1. Simmons
    2. Embiid
    3. Saric
    4. Luwawu
    5. Roco
    *Fultz i think will get there... or at least i hope and expect him to.
    *Korkmaz too

Players I would like to see gone:
    1. Okafor
    2. TJ - just to end the charade that hes a competent NBA player
    3. Anderson - hes not good, and his mere presence is a constant reminder that Nerlens isn't a sixer anymore

Players I simply don't care about in the slightest:
    1. Sauce - although id keep him just for the nickname
    2. Amir Johnson
    3. Is Humphries a sixer still? if he is, hes on this list.
    4. Bayless, although i find him somewhat useful in this role.

The rest of the guys, i mostly like a lot, but wouldnt shed a tear for them if gone.

Sixers forever
    Simmons
    Embiid
    Fultz

I want gone
    Bayless

I want Bayless forever just to piss off Myles

PROCESSING

Cut off your nose to spite your face.

This probably is an unpopular opinion. Iíd be very interested in maxing Paul George and letting Covington walk.

Why would it be unpopular to want a top 10 player? Lol

PROCESSING

Iíd be interested in that too. Itís an interesting idea.

If I can emotionally handle Noel getting traded, I can handle Covington. Lol.

id rather have covington with this team at 16 mill over PG at a max sorry... Covington is better defensively by a good bit... Of course PG owns him everywhere else but on this team Covington is a much better fit and a much cheaper price.

You bring in PG13 you take a ton of shots away from embiid our superstar and the ball away from simmons... Pass.

ill pay PG 10mil more than Cov every day of the week without hesitation. Even if Cov is a a better defender (debatable) its marginal at best. Cov doesnt make half the impact PG can.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    ill pay PG 10mil more than Cov every day of the week without hesitation. Even if Cov is a a better defender (debatable) its marginal at best. Cov doesnt make half the impact PG can.
    100% agree on the defense thing. PGs defense is super underrated because of how great his offense is.

PROCESSING

Related to the Paul George interest (I think he stays in OKC)... Watch for Lebron to Philly rumors to beat louder and louder throughout the year into next offseason. Whether you like the idea or not (fit, timeline, or if the talent just overrides that). Iím calling it becoming a serious rumor.

Just looking at the landscape of the league, I think itís going to become a more and more realistic possibility as we get closer to next summer. Just watch.

Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    Related to the Paul George interest (I think he stays in OKC)... Watch for Lebron to Philly rumors to beat louder and louder throughout the year into next offseason. Whether you like the idea or not (fit, timeline, or if the talent just overrides that). Iím calling it becoming a serious rumor.

Just looking at the landscape of the league, I think itís going to become a more and more realistic possibility as we get closer to next summer. Just watch.
    When you brought this up before I said I would love it. Even if he didn't sign here, if we're a serious consideration for him or we're getting a meeting its a great thing. It puts other teams on notice. They do things to keep up with you. And this is going to be our last chance to lock down a talent like that.

I would happily take a PG13, LBJ, crap even DeMarcus Cousins. There's plenty of non-star FA's next year I wouldn't mind too if they were interested in us.

If Joe Johnson, Danny Green, KCP, Wesley Johnson, Avery Bradley, Seth Curry, Marcus Smart wanted on this team and the price is right I would happily take them.

PROCESSING

scratch Wes Johnson, he trash. but the more players meeting with us the better, its just an all around good look for the franchise.

As a bench player you could do worse. He's a guy that's respected around the league.

PROCESSING

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast