Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3272808182
Results 1,216 to 1,218 of 1218
    Anyone else think the Ďon ballí thing is a bit overplayed?

Simmons and Fultz both display traits that make them very good off the ball. Theyíre better on the ball, because theyíre very good players and you want the ball in their hands. That doesnít mean they canít play off the ball or that they become significantly worse or less effective if they donít have the ball all the time.

I think that label applies to certain players, without question. But I wouldnít say these guys canít play off the ball. I think thereís plenty of time in the game to have all of these guys have the ball in their hands more than enough.

Where I think having too many Ďon ballí players is when theyíre like Westbrook or Carmelo or Iverson, guys that need to take a bajillion shots a game or they arenít happy or nearly as effective.

But guys that are more facilitators as Ďon ballí guys - Simmons, LeBron for example - I donít think you can ever have too many of those guys on the court, so long as they can make open shots and create for themselves if necessary, which is where Markelle fits in to the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    Anyone else think the Ďon ballí thing is a bit overplayed?

Simmons and Fultz both display traits that make them very good off the ball. Theyíre better on the ball, because theyíre very good players and you want the ball in their hands. That doesnít mean they canít play off the ball or that they become significantly worse or less effective if they donít have the ball all the time.

I think that label applies to certain players, without question. But I wouldnít say these guys canít play off the ball. I think thereís plenty of time in the game to have all of these guys have the ball in their hands more than enough.

Where I think having too many Ďon ballí players is when theyíre like Westbrook or Carmelo or Iverson, guys that need to take a bajillion shots a game or they arenít happy or nearly as effective.

But guys that are more facilitators as Ďon ballí guys - Simmons, LeBron for example - I donít think you can ever have too many of those guys on the court, so long as they can make open shots and create for themselves if necessary, which is where Markelle fits in to the equation.
    I think it does get overblown. But thereís a limit to how much ball there is to go around. And thatís directly related to how guys make shots. I donít see bringing in lebron as a guy to get buckets off the ball and simmons canít shoot. I also see their size as issues as two primary ballhandlers. Crowd the paint and cover shooters seems like an approach that could be employed easily. I donít his addition beats bostonís Defense.

Isnít crowd the paint and cover shooters everyoneís defensive approach? Easier said then done.

He is the best player in the game, I would take him in a heart beat.

Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3272808182