Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast
    Lou is at his best when he can dominate the ball, he wont have many chances to do that here. Reddick is an impact shooter and we have no one close to has good from deep as him, i want to bring him back next year on a cheaper deal if possible. Lou is having a career year and id welcome him at the right price but hes not going to sustain his 40% from 3 and we know JJ will maintain at least that. We need the pure shooter plain and simple. We have Fultz to do all the things Lou does but hopefully better.

Quote Originally Posted by urban85disciple View Post
    How is it JJ easily? I don't think you're right, let alone "easily."

Lou has identical "per" stats, scores more per game and kills JJ's metric stats. PLUS he's $16M cheaper. So please explain why you would rather have JJ and why its "easy." Literally, the only thing JJ is better at this season is turnovers.

Give me Lou.
    Only reason Lou is $16mil cheaper is because we vastly overpaid for 1 year of JJ to ensure that we got him.

And either way you break it for JJ is a batter 3 shooter and less ball dominate. Works well with our starting lineup as well as 2-3 bench players. Cant say that for Lou.

If Lou came here he would be a straight bench gunner. JJ is a multilineup floor spacing weapon.

Hence JJ easily.

This is a case of stats lying to you.

PROCESSING

I think with what you anticipate Fultz to be, Id rather have Redick than Lou Will.

Redick and Lou can both be fantastic role players in different ways. Lou is obviously a guy that can legitimately take over for stretches of a game all by himself with his scoring. No one can disagree that we could use a guy like that in the backcourt and/or off the bench. Someone that could do his own thing a little more independently without relying so much on playing off Ben/Embiid. Lou could do that way better than Redick can.

But youre really hoping/expecting Fultz grows into that role and has the talent to pick it up fast once hes ready to go. We are committed to Fultz. Lou is nice, but I think Fultz makes him a little redundant. Redick is still a guy that could excel playing with Fultz based on the role that he plays - and the way he can stretch out the D in turn could complement Fultz better than Lou Will could.

Damn! Lou dropped last night!

We do need that guy. Someone that can do what Lou does whos capable of taking pressure off Ben and Joel any given night. Itd be great to say, We got Simmons and Embiid, and a guy that can score 50! Haha. Again, hopefully Fultz becomes that.

updated vegas odds have Simmons -475 for ROY followed by Mitchell at +425

Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    I think with what you anticipate Fultz to be, Id rather have Redick than Lou Will.
    [...]
    We do need that guy. Someone that can do what Lou does whos capable of taking pressure off Ben and Joel any given night. Itd be great to say, We got Simmons and Embiid, and a guy that can score 50! Haha. Again, hopefully Fultz becomes that.

This was funny to me. I know you don't mean we need Lou, specifically, but it reads like a contradiction.

Quote Originally Posted by urban85disciple View Post

This was funny to me. I know you don't mean we need Lou, specifically, but it reads like a contradiction.
    Lol. I actually dont think it reads like a contradiction at all. Weird.

Lol. I actually dont think it reads like a contradiction at all. Weird.
    I get the point. Rather have JJ but a team needs a guy who can offensively carry the load and go off big any given night.

PROCESSING

After the videos today, I think we need to back off of the Fultz return. Something still really wrong shoulder/brain wise. I am preparing for him to be out all year. Brown acknowledging that he can't shoot. This kid better not be mentally weak, watching trae young and thinking we could have Tatum and a shot to get the next steph without this trade. I was 100% into it when the trade happened, I am still way in board but closer to 90% now and dropping the more they say he is pain free and shooting like the third pick in a pickup game.

Its sad.

Quote Originally Posted by sixers0305 View Post
    After the videos today, I think we need to back off of the Fultz return. Something still really wrong shoulder/brain wise. I am preparing for him to be out all year. Brown acknowledging that he can't shoot. This kid better not be mentally weak, watching trae young and thinking we could have Tatum and a shot to get the next steph without this trade. I was 100% into it when the trade happened, I am still way in board but closer to 90% now and dropping the more they say he is pain free and shooting like the third pick in a pickup game.
    Brown also mentioned there's some soreness back.

PROCESSING

Fultz was never mentally weak drowning on the huskies pathetic roster. Dude just needs too play. Theres some soreness? Lol everyone is sore after working out, basketball activities or whatever. He will be fine, I don't know who told him to try and change his form but they are stupid. If the shoulder is healthy then all he needs to do is keep practicing and playing his *** into game shape and the soreness Will go away and youll find yourself ignoring it. I am not turning my back in Fultz not even 1%, there were guy's playing while Embid was out and Simmons out, but we all know who damn near everybody in the league would rather have oit of everyone that was in embid and Simmons class and just period. Healthy Embid and Simmons goes number one in any draft the last x amount of year's.

Fultz will be a big time scorer in this league.

If they put him back out there shooting like that he will get eaten alive by the fans/media.

Remember when y'all said this wasn't mental? Me too.

BB comments show that he's frustrated with whatever is going on but its definitely not shoulder soreness. Fultz is now dead to me until further development.

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast