Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Wade will get it together, some just don't understand the game very well.

Wade approached Lue and asked to come off the bench. They don't use him right with the starting unit so maybe he'll actually touch the ball and run some offense with the 2nd unit. The better they use Wade, the better the Cavs are.
    This is great news, btw. Cavs have been using a ton of funky lineups and I think it has caused some of the issues we've had.

There has been a ton of roster turnover and I think teams like the Cavs and Thunder will begin to put it together as the season wears on.
    The Baker is coming.

Wade starting was such a **** show.

Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    Going to have to check out basketball.reference later because I don't believe IT is better than Kyrie, not right now.
    They have near identical career stats

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    This is great news, btw. Cavs have been using a ton of funky lineups and I think it has caused some of the issues we've had.

There has been a ton of roster turnover and I think teams like the Cavs and Thunder will begin to put it together as the season wears on.
    Yea the lineups have been so odd. Hopefully this changes some things. Need the starting lineup in its best form and need the 2nd unit to be at its best as well and hold or add to leads when LeBron is out.

I still anticipate the closing lineup at the end of the year will be:

IT
    Wade
    Crowder or Smith
    LeBron
    Love
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

Wades goal should be to compete for 6th man. Gordon will probably win it again as he's a walking bucket but Wade could make things interesting if he average 15-5-5 or something.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Uhhh, I think you had different expectations. They can't use Wade with the starting unit because of two obvious reasons:

1) He can't shoot.
    2) LeBron is a 1000000x better option than Wade so when Wade tries to play PG duties, it's a negative effect on the Cavs because LeBron is there just standing.

He needs to play 2nd rotation surrounded by shooters. Preferably, a line-up of K.Love+Wade+Tristan+Shump+Korver would be Wade's best line-up. Him and Bron ain't gonna work when you have Rose there, either.
    Yea if there was a shooter at PG it wouldn't be such a big deal.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Yea if there was a shooter at PG it wouldn't be such a big deal.
    True but it still wouldn't be optimal. There were times in the playoffs where Ray Allen was a better option than wade next to Bron and that was a much younger wade. You can't have more than 1 non shooter in today's NBA, you can get away with 2 if one of them is your primary playmaker/ball handler .

Thompson needs to start or at least close imo. Love, Crowder, Bron, and take your pick for the guy manning the 1 but I'm thinking IT with occasional wade/jr for clutch stops

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Uhhh, I think you had different expectations. They can't use Wade with the starting unit because of two obvious reasons:

1) He can't shoot.
    2) LeBron is a 1000000x better option than Wade so when Wade tries to play PG duties, it's a negative effect on the Cavs because LeBron is there just standing.

He needs to play 2nd rotation surrounded by shooters. Preferably, a line-up of K.Love+Wade+Tristan+Shump+Korver would be Wade's best line-up. Him and Bron ain't gonna work when you have Rose there, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    True but it still wouldn't be optimal. There were times in the playoffs where Ray Allen was a better option than wade next to Bron and that was a much younger wade. You can't have more than 1 non shooter in today's NBA, you can get away with 2 if one of them is your primary playmaker/ball handler .

Thompson needs to start or at least close imo. Love, Crowder, Bron, and take your pick for the guy manning the 1 but I'm thinking IT with occasional wade/jr for clutch stops
    When I say closing, I pretty much just made the lineup for when they play the Warriors in the finals. Yea I know, anything can happen but thats the way it's viewed. I believe they closed with Love at center and Green was at C for the Warriors. TT just doesn't cut it against them because he's an absolute 0 on offense if you throw the ball to him. The rebounds every now and then are nice but they're not something you can bank on happening.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

But yea I agree I think it's best Wade starts games on the bench and runs that unit so they can use him right and get the best out of him. Just makes the team better.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

I wouldn't be surprised if Lue decided to bench Wade but told him that he can say it was his idea. He can always say that at least he TRIED to start Wade.

If there's one thing Lue's good at, it's managing egos and being a player's coach.
    The Baker is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Lue decided to bench Wade but told him that he can say it was his idea. He can always say that at least he TRIED to start Wade.

If there's one thing Lue's good at, it's managing egos and being a player's coach.
    Learned it from the best.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    you can look there and it tells you who is better? That's good to know
    It will give me an idea of their recent production and efficiency. I value stats like +/-, TS%, WS/48.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    you can look there and it tells you who is better? That's good to know
    Yeah, one thing I know is that without Lebron, IT (as the last pick in his draft) has taken his team to a #1 seed and a conference final while Kyrie (without LeBron and being the first pick in his draft) repeatedly headed up the worst team in sports.

But that 3 over Curry, though.

I think best thing for the Cavs is to come up with two separate teams that are close to equal and run them as a 1st and 2nd Unit. Then have your closer unit for the final 5min. Bron obviously plays when he wants regardless.

Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast