Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 73 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    I remember Brewer showed up and played pretty well. Then it went straight to ****. But for a bit, he was gettin' it.

I'm kind of surprised the Thunder chose Brewer over Tony Allen. I would have guessed Brewer was the better 3-point shooter of the two of them, but they have basically the same career percentage. So they're both bad 3-point shooters and Brewer has shot four times as many for his career.

Makes me wonder whether Allen is healthy. If he is, I think he'd still be the better defender of the two and he could've added toughness to their team.

Quote Originally Posted by Htownballa1622 View Post
    I've been saying this for two years now, but nobody on PSD seems to listen. I'm admittedly a little surprised that he graded as above average defensively on drives, but his skills as a post defender don't surprise me in the slightest. He does suck in the pick and roll, so that's no big shocker. And I'm sure if they graded transition defense, he wouldn't be a plus in that category.

But bottom line, he's really not this abysmal defensive player that most fans and the media make him out to be. He does a solid job defending most guards and wings and an above average job when switched on bigger guys in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I've been saying this for two years now, but nobody on PSD seems to listen. I'm admittedly a little surprised that he graded as above average defensively on drives, but his skills as a post defender don't surprise me in the slightest. He does suck in the pick and roll, so that's no big shocker. And I'm sure if they graded transition defense, he wouldn't be a plus in that category.

But bottom line, he's really not this abysmal defensive player that most fans and the media make him out to be. He does a solid job defending most guards and wings and an above average job when switched on bigger guys in the post.
    I've been defending him the past two years as well. Before that? I couldn't defend him with the amount of standing and watching he did defensively but it has gotten better. Much better. But like everyone has said, Harden's biggest hurdle is the playoffs. If the guy does not show up, he will never be considered the "it" guy.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    I've been defending him the past two years as well. Before that? I couldn't defend him with the amount of standing and watching he did defensively but it has gotten better. Much better. But like everyone has said, Harden's biggest hurdle is the playoffs. If the guy does not show up, he will never be considered the "it" guy.
    This. I too defended him. But I can't defend him and deny that he got WAY better at the same time. Harden's bad defender rep was earned ... he's a LOT better now, but he had way too many mental and physical lapses in the past to get off scott free.

Rockets are 51-13.. If Capela/CP3 were healthy the entire season, I think they could have broken the 73-9 record. They had a five game losing streak when Capela/CP3 were injured for four of those games and then there were a few games CP3 missed early on.

So, the top of the West just stopped losing basketball games. Houston, Golden State, Portland (!) and New Orleans (!!) have a combined 41 game win streak, of which their last losses were against each other. I'm not sure I've ever seen something like this before. The Jazz were the 10 seed on January 24th (after a rough stretch that was spent mostly without Gobert), but since then they have absolutely dominated and won 16 of 18 games with an average margin of victory just shy of 10 points per game. Their current standing after this stretch of inferno basketball? The ****ing 10th seed!

We've got Jrue Holiday averaging 25/5/9 on 53/42/82 on the Pels double-digit game win streak, and he's not even a sound bite. Curry averaging a 27/5/6 on ~50/40/90 this year is a non story. And the fun stat of the week: Rudy Gobert is averaging 22 and 15 on 74% FG +1.5 stl and 1.5 blk so far in March. But again, this guy is leading his team to a win virtually ever night for a month and a half now and they can't gain a single spot in the rankings, so we have to shelve him for now as well.

Brutal, crazy year in the West.

Rockets are 51-13.. If Capela/CP3 were healthy the entire season, I think they could have broken the 73-9 record. They had a five game losing streak when Capela/CP3 were injured for four of those games and then there were a few games CP3 missed early on.
    Lol, based on what? Minor injuries are standard, for one (and benefit in rest time for later games), plus some of those games were on the road/tough-matchups. But for fun, let's go ahead and give them every one of those games. Now they're at 56-8 with nearly a quarter of the season to go (18 games). They would have to finish the season extending their win streak to 35 games (couldn't lose a game) in order to break the record by 1 game. Not happening.

Rockets at Raptors tmw!!

The ACC will be super loud!
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

i doubt it only because harden and mike D now know not to run harden into the ground all season long because of the choking in the playoffs... harden will get rest the final 2 weeks and that would have hurt them at having any shot at breaking that record.

In the last 10 games, Cavs have ranked:

#6 in offense
    #10 in defense

#puttinginwork
    #onlygonnagetbetterfromhere
    #Eastplayoffsgonnabegood
    LeBron's taking out teams and collecting his infinity stones.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Lol, based on what? Minor injuries are standard, for one (and benefit in rest time for later games), plus some of those games were on the road/tough-matchups. But for fun, let's go ahead and give them every one of those games. Now they're at 56-8 with nearly a quarter of the season to go (18 games). They would have to finish the season extending their win streak to 35 games (couldn't lose a game) in order to break the record by 1 game. Not happening.
    Well, Rockets lost four games with CP3's early injury. Then three more games before the mid-point when Capela/CP3 were both injured. I get that injuries happen and are part of the game but it's a total possibility. They lost seven games due to an injured CP3 and/or Capela. The record with Harden+CP3/Capela is like 33-1. That's just absolutely insane. CP3 has only lost in six NBA games he has actually played. It would have been possible.

Well, Rockets lost four games with CP3's early injury. Then three more games before the mid-point when Capela/CP3 were both injured. I get that injuries happen and are part of the game but it's a total possibility. They lost seven games due to an injured CP3 and/or Capela. The record with Harden+CP3/Capela is like 33-1. That's just absolutely insane. CP3 has only lost in six NBA games he has actually played. It would have been possible.
    Right, but you can't just suppose every time a player on a team is injured and they lost they'd have won if not lol. They also won 10+ games with CP3 hurt. You could even make the argument they were better off having Paul sit out the initial run of games in order to A) watch how the team best operates without him and with his high bbiq seeing what he could best add to them (they won the vast majority of the early games without him), and B) keep his games played/minutes down so now that he's up and playing it's a shortened season for him and he's fresh while the guys who played all year are a bit more worn down.

There are advantages to missing games in the long run, even if you take the L (that they may have lost anyway).

Regardless, no, there is no real argument that they could beat the record (considering they're 5 games back at the current juncture and there's a quarter season to play). You're caught up in the win streak.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Right, but you can't just suppose every time a player on a team is injured and they lost they'd have won if not lol. They also won 10+ games with CP3 hurt. You could even make the argument they were better off having Paul sit out the initial run of games in order to A) watch how the team best operates without him and with his high bbiq seeing what he could best add to them (they won the vast majority of the early games without him), and B) keep his games played/minutes down so now that he's up and playing it's a shortened season for him and he's fresh while the guys who played all year are a bit more worn down.

There are advantages to missing games in the long run, even if you take the L (that they may have lost anyway).

Regardless, no, there is no real argument that they could beat the record (considering they're 5 games back at the current juncture and there's a quarter season to play). You're caught up in the win streak.
    Rockets are 33-1 with a healthy CP3/Harden/Capela. That's enough to convince me that if they were all healthy, it would be possible. 33-1, man. That's ridiculous.

Page 52 of 73 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast