Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    After the emotion has died down, at least the Dodgers were legit team and better than the Cubs. I can tolerate losing to them, but the Mets....oh the Mets, what fluke as team. Mets, I still annoyed about losing to them.

Though I tolerate losing to the Dodgers, here's to the AL winning it.

The Mets was a fluke team ? Explain that to me. All their pitchers and hitters were healthy that year. The Cubs couldn't hit the flame throwers. Everyone was hurt this season.

best of 9 or 11 cubs win that series everytime

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Simon View Post
    Are you suggesting the front office use the result of a single game to dictate their entire off season? 25% of the team gone next year? Is this a joke?
    Not a single game. This whole series, along with the whole first half exposed a lot of holes on this team. There will definitely be some very big changes in the off season. Good GM's don't get complacent and rest on their laurels. I think you're gonna be surprised. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by thawv; 10-20-2017 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Really, Roberts? You throw out Jansen in the 9th with a 10-run lead?

What a douchebag.
    Their next game isn't until the 24th. I think it was a good idea to give him some work. Regardless of the score, I don't think he wanted his closer to not pitch in any game for almost a week.
    Last edited by thawv; 10-20-2017 at 07:53 AM.

I just hope there's more Dodgers/Cubs postseason battles in the future, so that we can have a nice rivalry.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Great season by the Cubs. This Dodger team made us look pretty bad really, that is a real good team over there. Tip of my hat to them. The Cubs just looked worn out man, everybody. Then you think of the roller coaster of a ride we had last year and it's no surprise they are completely worn. They need to make some moves but I'd be careful to do too much, this team has chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Not a single game. This whole series, along with the whole first half exposed a lot of holes on this team. There will definitely be some very big changes in the off season. Good GM's don't get complacent and rest on their laurels. I think you're gonna be surprised. Just my opinion.
    Not sure what you consider very big changes. I mean every year the pen gets addressed. I can see maybe 3 different guys there. I can see at least one pitcher brought in and maybe a second to battle for a rotation spot. But I do not see a major change in the offense. I do not think they suddenly decide a guy like Yellich or Dee Gordon needs to be on this team. They may trade a young bat or maybe even 2 for a controlled pitcher, but to me it is doubtful they change their approach offensively. I am not sure if what I am suggesting happens is what you would deem to be major changes. I donít. I consider it an average off season of transactions.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    Not sure what you consider very big changes. I mean every year the pen gets addressed. I can see maybe 3 different guys there. I can see at least one pitcher brought in and maybe a second to battle for a rotation spot. But I do not see a major change in the offense. I do not think they suddenly decide a guy like Yellich or Dee Gordon needs to be on this team. They may trade a young bat or maybe even 2 for a controlled pitcher, but to me it is doubtful they change their approach offensively. I am not sure if what I am suggesting happens is what you would deem to be major changes. I donít. I consider it an average off season of transactions.
    Actually everything you said is what I would consider a pretty major change. We will see at least one or two guys that were regular players on this team traded. Either for pitching or leadoff type hitter like you suggested
    Last edited by thawv; 10-20-2017 at 11:03 AM.

Actually everything you said is what I would consider a pretty major change. We will see at least one or two guys that wear regular players on this team traded. Either for pitching or leadoff type hitter like you suggested
    I never said for a lead off hitter. I do not think they will bring anyone of any substance in to play everyday. But, to me, that is not major changes. It is using excess assets (young bats) to get a quality young pitcher.

I doubt this is someting they would consider, but I guess if they can put together a package to get something like Teheran and Enciarte I would not complain. Wonder what that looks like? Happ, Almora? Honestly there are so many options and this FO can go several ways. While what you say has merit, I just do not see the TO scrapping their offensive players for different offensive players. But I guess it could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    Yeah, I don't think they are going make a bunch of changes either...but whatever the FO does, I trust them.
    If they don't try to trade for another SP, figure they will be in on a FA like Cobb or Lynn. Would love Tanaka, but can't see him opting out.
    The bullpen needs a couple of additions for sure, and their philosophy has always been that bullpens change from season to season. Hope Davis is re-signed, but not counting on that. Maples will get a shot to see what he can do, and I think they have Strop-CJ-Wilson-Monty under contract for next season....not sure about Rondon? Would like to keep Duensing.
    Will be interesting to see what happens on the offensive side...and I can also see them making a move, maybe getting a veteran bat in the lineup. Javy should play pretty much everyday at 2nd, Almora should get more AB's in CF...that leaves RF and LF as your positions you could possibly make some moves. Do they move Happ or Schwarber for a SP? If not, can still see a lot of mixing and matching on a game to game basis.
    It sucks to lose like this....but this team has been amazing the past 3 seasons, and I'm sure the FO will have them as contenders for years to come. I just hope people have realistic expectations, because it is so hard to win it all in baseball. Look at LA.....they are good pretty much every year, and haven't been to the WS in 29 years before this....I also look at the Braves of the 90s....so much talent, won the WS 1 time.

Of the 25 man roster, how many new faces do you guys think we will see?

Game 5 NLCS IGT: Them VS Us - **** Justin Turner Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Metfreek4life View Post
    The Mets was a fluke team ? Explain that to me. All their pitchers and hitters were healthy that year. The Cubs couldn't hit the flame throwers. Everyone was hurt this season.
    I think we were all confident going into that series after winning the regular season series 7-0 and I think our fans still hold onto that. But when you run into a good hitting side and arguably Baseballís best pitching staff when healthy (that John Smoltz has said is better than the Braves of the 1990ís), that series wasnít going to be easy.
    Last edited by JHBulls; 10-20-2017 at 02:59 PM.

Of the 25 man roster, how many new faces do you guys think we will see?
    I think we will at least see 3 new pitches. Either that might be 2 SPís and 1 reliever or 1 SP and 2 relievers.

After that, possibly a lead off hitter and a new LF/CF (if Schwarber/Happ is traded). So we could see 5 new faces next year.

Quote Originally Posted by chitownkid View Post
    Lol wut

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by chitownkid View Post
    Are you talking about this NLCS vs LA or the 2015 NLCS vs NYM?

#FlyTheW
    2016 World Series Champions!!!

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast