Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GodsSon View Post
    Leiweke was great for us, but Masai was always meant to be the heir of this franchise. Can't say we're in worse hands without TL.

As for Tannenbaum, he's always been the face of ownership for Toronto sports since I was a kid. Good or bad, you can't discount that.
    He was talking about the whole Toronto sports scene, not just Toronto.

Leiweke and Masai's roles are a little different though. Masai had to deal with the basketball operations side of things when he was hired while Leiweke was (supposed to be) involved in the managing of the corporation so he was involved in managing the sports teams along with the commercial real estate side of MLSE. He seemed to be a little more involved in the sports side though, probably by design since Larry is the chairman of MLSE. I'm sure if Larry headed MLSE directly that he would focus on the spots side considering he was such a fanatic.

You usually don't see it work out like that. Like Rogers usually just deals with the financial aspect of the Blue Jays. They don't seem to get involved too much and the baseball operations side usually ended at Beeston/Shapiro. Doubt the head of Rogers Media (the subsiduary that owns the Blue Jays) gets involved in the decisions on the field or that Edward S. Rogers III hired the head of that division for the purpose of being involved in baseball operations.

I'd put Tim high up there, just not #1.

IT returns tonight! Will be interesting to see how they use him.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Giannis’ comments about picking James first is hilarious.

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/gianni...HhlWUgyUSr8.97

“First of all, if my teammates are available, I’m going with my teammate.

“But if not, I got to go with LeBron James, best player in the world, so we could have a good relationship for the free agency.

“You never know, he might come play (in Milwaukee) [laughs]”

Miami could potentially get the third seed. I doubt the Cavs finish 4th but the standings are intriguing.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Demar makes the starting lineup in the ASG.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ:32110528

Nice!!

Does Lowry make it as a reserve? I think he might miss this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Well deserved

Lowry is in as a reserve.

Lou Williams broke up with one of his girlfriends. Poor Lou
    This is honestly devistating to me. A little over 3 years ago I found out he had 2 live-in gf's who also love each other and it changed my life. 3 months later I had a 2 gf situation happening (though they didn't live with me, at least one of them was over every night and I'd take them out together on weekends). Kept it alive for 6 months before they started hating each other (women...).
    Fast forward to now and a prerequisite for me taking a girl seriously is she must be open to the idea and be fully bi. I have a sweet little portugese/french thang who is 100 on the idea and we've gone on a couple dates with potential 3rds... But if a multimillionare professional basktball player couldnt hold it together than what hope do I have

I know I can make it happen but is it even possible to sustain? In my dream we are all madly in love with each other and get married as a throuple/threelationship. This Lou thing is really a devistating blow to my dreams.

Tbh though.. I've been shocked with the reception I've received being straight up with girls about it. On tinder my opener is basically me saying my dream is to have 2 wives who are also in love with each other and asking if they're open to it. Only got shot down once out of like 100 times and it was because she is apparently a part of some royal family out east (I like my ladies spicy). Even going back to girls I talk with on fb or have slept with in the past... They're legit all seemingly turned on by the idea. It's very strange.

Wish me luck boys.

Rasual Butler died.

Demar won Jan player of the month.

must be frustrating watching the thunder if you're a okc fan

Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    must be frustrating watching the thunder if you're a okc fan
    So frustrating. Especially since they now apparently have the budget for 3 max deals. Should have locked up the homegrown talent. Harden/Westbrook/Durant are 3 of the top 10 in the league. They made Darren collision look good haha

Lady Luck again hanging around tonight for those Celts against the Wiz.

Just like their past match up, Raptors actually the bench are obligated to carry the starters to a big lead. However if it is a close one, Boston clutch shooters and their unbelievable luck may embarrass the north team.

What is scary is that when LeBron is focus and when the lights becomes brighter, he plays the game like a no mere mortal can.

As much as Raps are playing great but the playoffs will still be a different beast.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast