Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 139 of 191 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2856
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxeryll View Post
    Yup, I get it. But Derozan needs to stop thinking he's a superstar. Move the ball and stop this hero ball nonsense, you just don't have it Demar.

Right now, I honestly think we'll do better with the bench on the floor in crunch time.
    That's how they played for so long and they obtained success so it's not exactly an easy fix here. One of the biggest praises you will hear from former players when talking about the Raptors this year is how much credit Demar should get for being able to change his game so quickly considering how hard it is to change your style after playing that well for so long. How much Casey should get credit for being able to change the culture so quickly. How Lowry has sacrificed for the team.

Everyone at some point wanted to get rid of the 3 main culprits (Demar, Casey, Lowry) so we can go a new direction yet those same 3 guys have exceeded everyone's expectations so far this year when we were all skeptical they wouldn't change.

I think this is one of those things where asking for more might be getting greedy given prior expectations. This was probably a transition year coming into the season anyway and we've travelled like double the distance we expected to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxeryll View Post
    Yup, I get it. But Derozan needs to stop thinking he's a superstar. Move the ball and stop this hero ball nonsense, you just don't have it Demar.

Right now, I honestly think we'll do better with the bench on the floor in crunch time.
    To be fair, he was so effective against Charlotte. He involved JV all night long that game.

Funny though that after less than 72 hours...he totalły had forgotten what made him so great this past Sunday.

The rest is just a bullcrap excuse. Forgive my language, lol.
    “We’re never going to be a high-assist team”, Casey said Thursday morning during an appearance on on SN590 The Fan’s Starting Lineup, “The way DeMar plays, he gets his points off the dribble and in one-on-one situations, and it takes away from that high-assist number. But we have to get the ball moving— and knock down shots once it is.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    I dont view him as anymore of a role player than anyone else on this team. He initiates the offense, what more do you need if your team moves the ball? Good shooting. Good defense. Hard nosed. Good good player

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk
    I agree but he gets paid like a super star.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    In a way. If you have a role player putting up 15ppg 6apg and 6rpg while being the leader and emotional engine of your team then that's a premium role player. The guy earned his paycheque by proving he can be a 20ppg guy, it wasn't charity. If we still needed him to be that guy then I'm sure he would still be. What he's doing now is exactly what we need him to so I'm not down on him in the least. This may actually be the best Lowry I've seen outside of that first half season when he blew up after the gay trade. I wouldn't even call this season a regression, I'd call it progression.
    Unnntil the post season happens and the you can whole heartedly call it regression.

Look man I like Lowry I do, but let’s face facts here he’s only getting older and is already an injury prone player who buckles under pressure in the post season. I think he gets traded next year unless we reach the ECFs. If not then he will in the last year of his contract and that’s just my prediction.

Well if we're in 1st and dont make the ECF by year 2 then you need to revisit all the options. That would obviously be a serious disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Well if we're in 1st and dont make the ECF by year 2 then you need to revisit all the options. That would obviously be a serious disappointment.
    As long as we do good in the playoffs it doesn’t really matter what Lowry’s individual stats are, really my only concern is his age at this point and him regressing as he gets older. If he ages gracefully it’s no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    As long as we do good in the playoffs it doesn’t really matter what Lowry’s individual stats are, really my only concern is his age at this point and him regressing as he gets older. If he ages gracefully it’s no problem.
    Ideally this new role helps extend his career.

A few thoughts. First, I feel as though Lowry is less adaptable to the new play than DeRozan, who, (for the most part), seems to have bought into the ball-sharing as is evidenced by his assist numbers going up significantly. Second, I still think Lowry was worth the contract. We have to understand the situation, and that there's not a one to one ratio between production and contract value. At the time, we didn't have an option B for starting point guard. No one here thought Delon Wright or Fred VanVleet was the answer, even if we're more sold now. Signing Lowry was a necessity towards keeping this team's high level of play intact. The fact that its a three year contract and not a five year contract is, in and of itself, a victory for Ujiri. In 2020 we can move on from Lowry and Ibaka if need be. Finally, despite the growth we need to continue, we should recognize how well the play of everyone has matured, and while we can find nits to pick, overall I appreciate everything about this year. I thought for sure that after Lowry slowed down, this team would be in a downward spiral and back in the lottery. Now, I'm beginning to see that Ujiri can maintain a competitive team and hopefully more beyond Lowry. I really wish there was a way for us to nab a first rounder this year, because Ujiri's drafting has been spot on, (Bruno was a good calculated risk that ultimately didn't work out). I too am anxious to see how Lowry and DeRozan play in the playoffs, but what other option do I have but to wait and see. I'll just be optimistic.

heat got away with a lot of illegal defense in the 4th, than i saw the spread was 7 than it started making sense.

Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    heat got away with a lot of illegal defense in the 4th, than i saw the spread was 7 than it started making sense.
    This was honestly my exact thought as i saw it happening. How about when derozan was standing a foot away from the baseline and hes clearly being pushed out of bounds but they call it a turnover. It was clear on my stream who the main culprit was (balding ref with grey hair), and the other refs seemed afraid to say anything - giving him awkward looks as anyone could see what was going on.

Refs are pretty much my only gripe with basketball.

Max does his homework on first take. He said the Raptors are trying to figure out how to play in clutch situations. They have a tendency to revert to iso ball in the last 5 minutes. I did not expect that type of analysis.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by bucketss:32174232
    I have to give DeMar credit for holding his composure. He would normally lose it but he kept himself in check knowing he could cost the team. They were fouling him a lot. There was also another play where the ball was clearly off the Heat and Lowry was shocked the ref didn't overturn the call. It was clear as day.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I have to give DeMar credit for holding his composure. He would normally lose it but he kept himself in check knowing he could cost the team. They were fouling him a lot. There was also another play where the ball was clearly off the Heat and Lowry was shocked the ref didn't overturn the call. It was clear as day.
    That last uncalled foul made me nervous, not so much because of the no-call, but because it looked like Lowry and/or Casey might give them a free point in a dangerously close game. Luckily, that ended up not being the case. I was just yelling at Lowry through my TV to calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    That's how they played for so long and they obtained success so it's not exactly an easy fix here. One of the biggest praises you will hear from former players when talking about the Raptors this year is how much credit Demar should get for being able to change his game so quickly considering how hard it is to change your style after playing that well for so long. How much Casey should get credit for being able to change the culture so quickly. How Lowry has sacrificed for the team.

Everyone at some point wanted to get rid of the 3 main culprits (Demar, Casey, Lowry) so we can go a new direction yet those same 3 guys have exceeded everyone's expectations so far this year when we were all skeptical they wouldn't change.

I think this is one of those things where asking for more might be getting greedy given prior expectations. This was probably a transition year coming into the season anyway and we've travelled like double the distance we expected to be.
    i only wanted to get rid of one of the 3, ever. but i wanted it with enough intensity to cover all 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

wave the white flag for the bulls already. 14-11, already calling it. They can't guard our guys. Back to backs don't matter when you can run 12-deep.