Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 137 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2136
  1. #2041
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,160
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Sounds like a description of a role player. A role player who just so happeneds to be the highest paid player on the team
    In a way. If you have a role player putting up 15ppg 6apg and 6rpg while being the leader and emotional engine of your team then that's a premium role player. The guy earned his paycheque by proving he can be a 20ppg guy, it wasn't charity. If we still needed him to be that guy then I'm sure he would still be. What he's doing now is exactly what we need him to so I'm not down on him in the least. This may actually be the best Lowry I've seen outside of that first half season when he blew up after the gay trade. I wouldn't even call this season a regression, I'd call it progression.

  2. #2042
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    22,006
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Sounds like a description of a role player. A role player who just so happeneds to be the highest paid player on the team
    I dont view him as anymore of a role player than anyone else on this team. He initiates the offense, what more do you need if your team moves the ball? Good shooting. Good defense. Hard nosed. Good good player

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  3. #2043
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    I dont view him as anymore of a role player than anyone else on this team. He initiates the offense, what more do you need if your team moves the ball? Good shooting. Good defense. Hard nosed. Good good player

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk
    We shouldn't dimish the effect his emotional leadership has. He does a lot of good for this team.

  4. #2044
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,147
    nice shot lowry lol

  5. #2045
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,735
    DeMar was so bad that half.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  6. #2046
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,147
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    DeMar was so bad that half.
    Yup, hes been bad for about a month now. Dont know whats up with him.

  7. #2047
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,735
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxeryll:32172960

    Yup, hes been bad for about a month now. Dont know whats up with him.
    I think it's the type of shots he's getting now.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  8. #2048
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,160
    Well we haven't seen demar pushing himself. It's weird to see him sort of coast but last game he had 25&8 in 28 minutes. Those are incredible numbers. Seems like he's enjoying nurturing the young guys. To me it doesn't look like he's in a rut though, just that he hasn't needed to force the issue. I wish he would a bit though.

  9. #2049
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxeryll View Post
    nice shot lowry lol
    Looked like my gf's shooting form.

  10. #2050
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    10,557
    Man, Wade looks awful out there.

  11. #2051
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,735
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc.:32172998
    Well we haven't seen demar pushing himself. It's weird to see him sort of coast but last game he had 25&8 in 28 minutes. Those are incredible numbers. Seems like he's enjoying nurturing the young guys. To me it doesn't look like he's in a rut though, just that he hasn't needed to force the issue. I wish he would a bit though.
    He played well this quarter. I still like his decision making and the type of shots he's taking but because they are coming differently, he's out of rythmn.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  12. #2052
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    10,557
    Like the lineup of Lowry/DeRozan/Wright/Siakam/JV. Shooting is a concern, but lots they can do on both ends of the floor with that group.

  13. #2053
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,585
    Why most still doubt these two because they become so predictable....

    1. Derozan making tough and contested two point shots.

    2. Lowry throwing a three point heave.

    Like watching a playoff rerun with these two.

    Game still revolve around these two.

    Bench would still be “the” bench in the playoffs

  14. #2054
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,585
    Expect another 7 games nail biters in the playoffs.

  15. #2055
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,160
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Like the lineup of Lowry/DeRozan/Wright/Siakam/JV. Shooting is a concern, but lots they can do on both ends of the floor with that group.
    There are a bunch of intriguing lineups with this team.

    OG has super healing abilities.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •