Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 136 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2162
  1. #2026
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    ah yes, nothing gives the warrior confidence more than looking across the battlefield to see guys on the other side who are as likely to choke as he
    Haha depends how you define choke.

  2. #2027
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,740
    I hope Lowry pays attention to what people are saying. Nobody trusts him.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  3. #2028
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,336
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I hope Lowry pays attention to what people are saying. Nobody trusts him.
    What's that in reference to?

  4. #2029
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,740
    Quote Originally Posted by pulzar:32171012
    What's that in reference to?
    All talk shows. The Jump, Sportsnation, First Take, Undisputed, etc. The Raptors have been getting a lot of lip service because of their record recently.

    All I've been hearing is Lowry doesn't perform.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  5. #2030
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,155
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    All talk shows. The Jump, Sportsnation, First Take, Undisputed, etc. The Raptors have been getting a lot of lip service because of their record recently.

    All I've been hearing is Lowry doesn't perform.
    I dont think most Raptors fans trust him. I am fine if he is just missing shots but he completely turns into a different player come playoff time. He's too passive and seems scared which is understandable, some people are just not mentally strong to handle the pressure.

    It seems that we are so deep this year and relying less on Lowry so hopefully that reduces the pressure to perform at a high level.

  6. #2031
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxeryll View Post
    I dont think most Raptors fans trust him. I am fine if he is just missing shots but he completely turns into a different player come playoff time. He's too passive and seems scared which is understandable, some people are just not mentally strong to handle the pressure.

    It seems that we are so deep this year and relying less on Lowry so hopefully that reduces the pressure to perform at a high level.
    Could that be because he has been playing injured the last 3 post seasons from being over worked during the season? His minutes are down this year so hopefully we will see a healthy and rested player come playoff time.

  7. #2032
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    16,986
    Quote Originally Posted by SRT4SS View Post
    Could that be because he has been playing injured the last 3 post seasons from being over worked during the season? His minutes are down this year so hopefully we will see a healthy and rested player come playoff time.
    He had 2 months off before last post season.

  8. #2033
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxeryll:32171305

    I dont think most Raptors fans trust him. I am fine if he is just missing shots but he completely turns into a different player come playoff time. He's too passive and seems scared which is understandable, some people are just not mentally strong to handle the pressure.

    It seems that we are so deep this year and relying less on Lowry so hopefully that reduces the pressure to perform at a high level.
    Yeah that's a very good point. The Raptors are relying on him less. His usage and attempts have dropped. Many nights he's put up 12-15 ppg and the team has been able to win.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  9. #2034
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,155
    Quote Originally Posted by SRT4SS View Post
    Could that be because he has been playing injured the last 3 post seasons from being over worked during the season? His minutes are down this year so hopefully we will see a healthy and rested player come playoff time.
    It's easy to chalk it up to injuries. But when it happens year after year, it just becomes a tired and lame excuse. Injuries can change how you play but I saw Lowry pass up a ton of open shots/layups that made me so frustrated because he was often wide open. His confidence was clearly shot due to underperforming and he was overthinking a lot.

    Our different style of play gives me hope that Lowry can be more effective this time around but I do not expect him to be a "star" that some are expecting him to be in the playoffs.

  10. #2035
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    21,742
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    All talk shows. The Jump, Sportsnation, First Take, Undisputed, etc. The Raptors have been getting a lot of lip service because of their record recently.

    All I've been hearing is Lowry doesn't perform.
    This is why I was calling for him to be traded. The deeper he gets in to that contract and the older he gets the tougher It will be to move him. Also the older he gets the less value he has.

    I don’t care what Derozan thinks at this point. If LeBron can watch half his team get traded for them to be better then Derozan should be ok with Lowry being moved.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 02-13-2018 at 01:10 PM.

  11. #2036
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    10,558
    I'd have to review stats throughout the playoffs to get an idea about how much he chokes. I do remember 1 huge Game 7 against Miami a couple years ago. But there should probably be more standout performances from your best player if you plan to be successful in the post-season.

  12. #2037
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    45,424
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I'd have to review stats throughout the playoffs to get an idea about how much he chokes. I do remember 1 huge Game 7 against Miami a couple years ago. But there should probably be more standout performances from your best player if you plan to be successful in the post-season.
    both of their scoring takes significant dips. Lowry more than Demar IIRC. I looked it up a while ago


  13. #2038
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,165
    We aren't relying on Lowry to score anymore. We just need him healthy so he can bring what he brings - Intensity, defense, peskiness and hitting outside shots.

    His role has been reduced and i think he has been doing great in this new role. He isnt a natural 20ppg guy. he should be sitting right where he is around 14-16ppg on mostly 3 point shots. We don't even really rely on him to create opportunities for others anymore. Derozan does that and the bench.

  14. #2039
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    16,986
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    We aren't relying on Lowry to score anymore. We just need him healthy so he can bring what he brings - Intensity, defense, peskiness and hitting outside shots.

    His role has been reduced and i think he has been doing great in this new role. He isnt a natural 20ppg guy. he should be sitting right where he is around 14-16ppg on mostly 3 point shots. We don't even really rely on him to create opportunities for others anymore. Derozan does that and the bench.
    I agree with all of your post. If Lowry focusses on distributing the ball all post season I'll be happy. He can jack up as many catch and shoot 3's as he pleases. I want to see him go hard on defence though because that's where he can really make a difference. In all honesty I'd like to see him go harder on the defensive end rather than offensive.

    Lowry has to prove it this post season. If he doesn't then I'm on the trade Lowry bandwagon and won't be jumping off. If he falters this post season then he is 100% the reason our team can't take the next step. Fortunately for us but unfortunately for him we have 2 really good looking PGs ready and waiting. That's another thing, still assuming Lowry falters, if FVV and Delon perform this post season you 200% trade Lowry. He could still net a decent haul.

  15. #2040
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    21,742
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    We aren't relying on Lowry to score anymore. We just need him healthy so he can bring what he brings - Intensity, defense, peskiness and hitting outside shots.

    His role has been reduced and i think he has been doing great in this new role. He isnt a natural 20ppg guy. he should be sitting right where he is around 14-16ppg on mostly 3 point shots. We don't even really rely on him to create opportunities for others anymore. Derozan does that and the bench.
    Sounds like a description of a role player. A role player who just so happeneds to be the highest paid player on the team

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •