Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 190 of 191 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191 LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 2856
    Raps in 5 is my prediction as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer:32278684
    I think there is a real chance it is 4 or 5 against the Wizards. At their best, they can be a formidable opponent, but there seems to be lack of trust with that group - stemming from when Wall went down and the team started playing better without him. Raptors are a more consistent group, and the Wizards matchup this year will be very different then a couple years back
    But it's the Raptors.
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    But it's the Raptors.
    I know the history

Not a big piece for them, but Jodie Meeks just got suspended 25 games for violating the anti-drug program. He will not be able to join the Wizards for the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer:32280055
    Not a big piece for them, but Jodie Meeks just got suspended 25 games for violating the anti-drug program. He will not be able to join the Wizards for the playoffs.
    One less 3 point shooter to worry about. He hurt the Raptors earlier in the year.
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

Raptors will make short work of the wizards even if playoff Lowry shows up.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

The Wizards are a tough matchup for the Raptors because they have someone who can guard Derozan (Otto Porter). His length (and ability not to bite on a pump fake) gives DD problems. It will be a HUGE bonus for the Raptors if his calf strain keeps him out of this series. On top of being their best defender, he's their best outside shooter, their second best rebounder and their 3rd highest scorer this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Raptors will make short work of the wizards even if playoff Lowry shows up.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Wow Jamie you sure have more confidence then I do! I mean Iím the biggest fan around but like others have said these are the raptors and nothing ever goes smoothly for us. I canít believe th number of 4/5 series comments in here. I really reallly hope this is what happens so we can go all out on lebron. The one the I know about sports in general is that certain teams and certain players always seem to have your number. Miami, Wizards, lebron, beal, Garnett, pierce, joe Johnson are all examples of that.

But I will be optimistic and positive that what we accomplished this year and with are bench will propel us. We need some voices in that room to have us ready to go from the first whistle. We have no time for breaks or ď night offĒ like Lowry etc. Itís all in, all heart and sweat till you canít sweat no more is how they need to play. They do that we even beat lebron. **** I wish I had 5 minutes in a Locker room with these guys. Iíd be saying some unconventional **** that would have them balling.

Can anyone buy me 5 minutes?

Glen... You're definitely not the biggest fan around haha.

u guys are more confident than me...

Quote Originally Posted by Glenfidish View Post
    Wow Jamie you sure have more confidence then I do! I mean Iím the biggest fan around but like others have said these are the raptors and nothing ever goes smoothly for us. I canít believe th number of 4/5 series comments in here. I really reallly hope this is what happens so we can go all out on lebron. The one the I know about sports in general is that certain teams and certain players always seem to have your number. Miami, Wizards, lebron, beal, Garnett, pierce, joe Johnson are all examples of that.

But I will be optimistic and positive that what we accomplished this year and with are bench will propel us. We need some voices in that room to have us ready to go from the first whistle. We have no time for breaks or ď night offĒ like Lowry etc. Itís all in, all heart and sweat till you canít sweat no more is how they need to play. They do that we even beat lebron. **** I wish I had 5 minutes in a Locker room with these guys. Iíd be saying some unconventional **** that would have them balling.
    Sure things arenít going to ever be smooth for us in the post season but thatís what happens when you donít have a legit super star that can put this team on his back and carry them..

With that said this isnít the same inexperienced raptors team from 4-5 seasons ago. The starters all have experience and can lead the younger guys who arenít experienced. Also those young players are hungry and are considered a strength so Iím not to worried .

However, we do have the ****** lucky of facing Lebron in the 2nd round so itís inevitable that itís another 2nd round exit for the Raps this year, I just hope they push it to 7 games and make it a respectable series.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8:32281279
    u guys are more confident than me...
    I don't get where the confidence is coming from as well. I mean they are already saying they have to treat game 1 like it's game 7. You usually say things like that when you know there is a mental hurdle.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I don't get where the confidence is coming from as well. I mean they are already saying they have to treat game 1 like it's game 7. You usually say things like that when you know there is a mental hurdle.
    yea. I understand expecting to win, cuz I do, but for us to win easily? We've never had an easy playoff series. They always play down to competition

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8:32281750
    yea. I understand expecting to win, cuz I do, but for us to win easily? We've never had an easy playoff series. They always play down to competition
    Yup. I expect to win but I'm not ruling anything out.