Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 184 of 191 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 2856
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Have we seen RFA's signed and traded much in the NBA. Trying to think of a precedent for that. But yah, it would be possible. Not sure I'd be in favour of it though. We have no PG for the future beyond FVV and I'm not certain how many years Lowry has left. 2 years of Lowry with FVV waiting in the wings is a nice succession plan (which cost us very little considering the importance of the position - late lottery pick for Lowry and undrafted FA signing for FVV).
    Delon? PG is the most common position now so I'm sure we can find someone solid when Lowry expires. FVV has been good but he'd be our best asset to get another guy if needed. Just hope doesn't end up like Powell where he was probably a guy a lot of teams wanted in the summer but his stock dropped.

Cavs are down. This might decide who is 3rd seed. They play crap teams the rest of the way.

Bebe deserves more minutes.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Lol that woman ref is gifting it to the Cavs.

Lol Lebron missed the 2nd FT.

Wow Nance almost tipped it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Delon? PG is the most common position now so I'm sure we can find someone solid when Lowry expires. FVV has been good but he'd be our best asset to get another guy if needed. Just hope doesn't end up like Powell where he was probably a guy a lot of teams wanted in the summer but his stock dropped.
    I don't really see Delon as a PG anymore. He can play that position, along with SG and SF, but I see his assets being a better fit as a secondary ball handler.

Delon was so much better last year at passing it to the weak side. He misses so many reads now.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Congrats to the Raptors. This has been a fun season. I never thought I'd see the day the Raptors finish first place.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Congrats to the Raptors. This has been a fun season. I never thought I'd see the day the Raptors finish first place.
    It’s a great accomplishment and a very long journey to get hear! I’m glad the organization stuck with it a la spurs formula. Keeping this core and coach for this long together has proven that chemistry takes time and building character together only makes you stronger down the road. Some may like this but we owe colangelo a lot for being in this position. Are very core DeRozan Lowry and Jonas were all picked by him. I believe he envisioned this long ago and doesn’t get the respect he deserves. I also think Masai did an amazing job with sticking with them but more specifically not giving up on Jonas. In the end he did not pull the trigger and sell him. Look what we have accomplished and I feel DeRozan and Jonas have not reached there ceilings.

It’s clear to me LeBron will play the remaking games to favour the schedule in the playoffs. He has done this the past few years imo. He is looking for Indiana first round and raps second. Mentally he knows he is in DeRozans head and more specifically the raptors head. The time has come and if DeRozan can find a way to believe and the team can find a way to believe they can defeat LeBron and the Cavs. I believe the key to beating the Cavs is playing one on one physical on LeBron but more importantly not letting love hit those threes. If we take away loves threes we win the series. Mind you we need Ibaka, miles and DeRozan to hit there’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenfidish:32266981
    null
    Ibaka's play is pivotal. He has to be able to stretch the floor. It was nice to see Ibaka finally have a good game. He looked like the guy we envisioned. Hopefully he can build off that.

The Raptors are 8-0 when Ibaka scores 20 or more points.

Kinda sad that he only scored 20 points 8 times this year though.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    The Raptors are 8-0 when Ibaka scores 20 or more points.

Kinda sad that he only scored 20 points 8 times this year though.
    They just share the ball so much. He averages the third most PPG on the team. Only one guy over 17 PPG on the squad.

Even Jonas has had 12 games of 20+. However, Lowry has only scored 20+ in 21 games this season, and he is option #2 on this team.

When Ibaka is fresh ( which he will be in the playoffs) he is still a good 2 way PF.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Even Jonas has had 12 games of 20+. However, Lowry has only scored 20+ in 21 games this season, and he is option #2 on this team.

When Ibaka is fresh ( which he will be in the playoffs) he is still a good 2 way PF.
    And the stretch PF this team needed for years.