Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 161 of 191 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2856
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer:32224514
    Incredibly impressed with how the Nets have built an identity after Billy King threw half a decade in the garbage.
    +1

I've seen them play many times. They are fun to watch and it feels like the only thing impeding them from winning is experience.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

1 game behind the warriors

I was incredibly impressed with JV tonight....almost as much as I was with the bench again The bench came in and shot 8 for 17 from deep and 6 for 7 from the FT line to pick them up when Lowry couldn't knock down shots.

The way Poeltl and Siakam operate together could make them a special tandem. They always seem to know where each other is. If Siakam develops even a 15 ft jump shot he could be unstoppable with his length, athleticism and handle. If he develops a 3 he could be an all-star. Did you see him kick it into another gear to chase down Russell last night and poke the ball away from behind in the 4th quarter? It looked like a video game speed burst. His body type and gate almost reminds me of a bigger Usain Bolt (..Bolt is only like 6'5 ) running the 200m. That is how good he runs.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I was incredibly impressed with JV tonight....almost as much as I was with the bench again The bench came in and shot 8 for 17 from deep and 6 for 7 from the FT line to pick them up when Lowry couldn't knock down shots.

The way Poeltl and Siakam operate together could make them a special tandem. They always seem to know where each other is. If Siakam develops even a 15 ft jump shot he could be unstoppable with his length, athleticism and handle. If he develops a 3 he could be an all-star. Did you see him kick it into another gear to chase down Russell last night and poke the ball away from behind in the 4th quarter? It looked like a video game speed burst. His body type and gate almost reminds me of a bigger Usain Bolt (..Bolt is only like 6'5 ) running the 200m. That is how good he runs.
    It is pretty remarkable. Russell slowed down a bit, but Siakam had no business getting back in time. The thing that impresses me isn't just the speed, it is how consistently he uses it to make hustle players. The motor never stops.

I'm on the bandwagon

Wiggins unhappy. Too bad his contract is so silly. Baka + Powell for Wiggins? I'd do it.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Incredibly impressed with how the Nets have built an identity after Billy King threw half a decade in the garbage.
    Yes, the off season they had last year was sneaky good.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    CJ signed a multi-year deal.

Raptors would have to shed salaries to get about 30+ million under the cap just to feasibly be able to fit him in. Considering they are already about 15 million over cap, they'd have to shed almost 50 million from their payroll to sign LeBron. You can't just sign guys in the NBA - gotta follow CBA rules.

They could try a sign and trade, but salaries would need to match and I'm not sure what incentive the Cavs would have in taking on money with their tax situation and LeBron outbound.
    For some reason I thought it was a 1 year deal.

I want to just spend all the $$$ and sign guys. Masai can toss stacks around.

In all reality though yeah, a S&T would have to happen and considering the Cavs have some brutal deals it probably won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    For some reason I thought it was a 1 year deal.

I want to just spend all the $$$ and sign guys. Masai can toss stacks around.

In all reality though yeah, a S&T would have to happen and considering the Cavs have some brutal deals it probably won't happen.
    I wish the CBA allowed that .

I have to say, it is definitely fun to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Wiggins unhappy. Too bad his contract is so silly. Baka + Powell for Wiggins? I'd do it.
    If the rumors are true he doesn’t want to be a 3rd fiddle which he would be in Toronto so his situation wouldn’t change any here.

Why are the Raptors making Al Jefferson look like hakeem olajuwon...

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    If the rumors are true he doesn’t want to be a 3rd fiddle which he would be in Toronto so his situation wouldn’t change any here.
    It's a little different playing 3rd fiddle on a 60 win team -his childhood dream team- with this style of play the raptors are playing this year.

Playing 3rd fiddle on an ISO heavy team -and an all work, no play thibs coached team- sucks balls. Ask Val or Carroll how much fun that was vs. This season.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSoFreshSoClea View Post
    Why are the Raptors making Al Jefferson look like hakeem olajuwon...
    Because poertle still has a lot to learn.

raps are for real. Over the last 3 weeks or so you can see the opponents of the raptors' energy. Everyone is getting up to play hard against our squad. We're getting everyone's best shot now, we're getting tested in game intensity as close to the playoffs as is possible in the regular season. And we're still winning. Even guys who were struggling, like CJ are starting to pick it up. We look like a college team peaking right before the big dance. It's exciting

Sometimes Ibaka is so frustrating to watch.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”