Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 159 of 191 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2856
    If Nigel can knock those 3s consistently, then yea, we should keep him. I like Miller, he shoots and cuts well so he should be converted so he can play in the playoffs. I think McKinnie will be cut if thats the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxeryll:32218135
    If Nigel can knock those 3s consistently, then yea, we should keep him. I like Miller, he shoots and cuts well so he should be converted so he can play in the playoffs. I think McKinnie will be cut if thats the case.
    Miller has a nice shot. The more shooters, the better. You can never have enough 3 point shooting.
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Pretty sure Lebrons going to Houston. They are the only team that can compete with the Warriors.
    Philly would be able to compete possibly, bully ball their way to a title with a frontcourt of Simmons, James, Embiid. Beverly (trade via LAC) and Reddick (or a younger 3-d guy, jj is basically a 3 point specialiist) in the backcourt for shooting. They still have Fultz, Saric, Roco, Laker Pick that they can move to upgrade/balance out the roster with more 3-d guys. Embiid and Simmons are still getting better, They will be attractive to ring chasers and buyout guys.

I think it's either Cle/Hou/Phil. All have a solid chance.

When I think about it some more, Houston will have to gut their roster to add James. Re-signing Capela is a must for them as he is key to their defense. James/Harden/Paul will all be making 30-35 million. Capela will get 20 million at least. You probably have to gut a good portion of the rest of the roster to make it work with cap holds and everything. They will still be attractive to discount players and ring chaser, which will help. Philly is in good position cap wise for now . They have a lot of cheap rookie deals and move able contracts and attractive players they can move. The Raptors will have to gut their roster for James like the Rockets as both teams will be close to the tax even without signing James.
    Last edited by Heediot; 03-12-2018 at 08:28 AM.

I think Lebron isn't signing a 1+1 year max this year I read so I don't know if he'll go to Philly. Imagine signing there and Embiid goes down after sneezing?

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Philly would be able to compete possibly, bully ball their way to a title with a frontcourt of Simmons, James, Embiid. Beverly (trade via LAC) and Reddick (or a younger 3-d guy, jj is basically a 3 point specialiist) in the backcourt for shooting. They still have Fultz, Saric, Roco, Laker Pick that they can move to upgrade/balance out the roster with more 3-d guys. Embiid and Simmons are still getting better, They will be attractive to ring chasers and buyout guys.

I think it's either Cle/Hou/Phil. All have a solid chance.

When I think about it some more, Houston will have to gut their roster to add James. Re-signing Capela is a must for them as he is key to their defense. James/Harden/Paul will all be making 30-35 million. Capela will get 20 million at least. You probably have to gut a good portion of the rest of the roster to make it work with cap holds and everything. They will still be attractive to discount players and ring chaser, which will help. Philly is in good position cap wise for now . They have a lot of cheap rookie deals and move able contracts and attractive players they can move. The Raptors will have to gut their roster for James like the Rockets as both teams will be close to the tax even without signing James.
    Philly needs to prove them selves first. 1. Stay healthy 2. Make the playoffs and win a series ..

To compete with the Warriors is the goal not just make it to the dance. Houston is the only real scenario where LeBron joins a team and have a realistic shot at beating he warriors.

Philly needs to prove them selves first. 1. Stay healthy 2. Make the playoffs and win a series ..

To compete with the Warriors is the goal not just make it to the dance. Houston is the only real scenario where LeBron joins a team and have a realistic shot at beating he warriors.
    Good points, but Bron did go back to an unproven Cleveland team after he left Miami. With the talent, youth, assets, and cap flexibility to improve beyond just the addition of him and also being in the east, I think they will get a serious look. Cleveland traded Wiggins for Bron, I don't see Sixers hesitating to trade Fultz/Saric/Lakers pick (1 or even all) if Bron joins. The Embiid health concern is legit and that may be one thing that makes him hesitate more then the unproven factor IMO. Just surround the big 3 with shooters and defenders and they can compete with anyone barring health IMO. Bron works well with a secondary ISO scorer IMO (Kyrie/Wade in his prime). It will be tougher this year for him later in the playoffs if the Cavs don't make up for the threat of Kyrie, just like how his efficiency dipped hard when Kyrie was lost in the first finals vs. GS. I think Embiid provides the same safety valve and Simmons to a smaller extent.

Him going to Houston would leave them with no Bench, but with the way Morey does things and the attraction of playing with the big 3 and Capela they should be able to fill out an average bench with ring chasers and discount players.

Philly is a legit contender for his services IMO.

I don't think the makup of Philly lines up with Bron at all. Simmons needs the ball in his hands and isnt an iso threat really. hes more of a passer+slasher. Unless Lebron wants to mentor him but i dont think that is his MO.

Houston for sure is a good fit as well as Toronto. Easily the best 2 places for him to go. both could use his talents and he would be the final piece of the pie.

Am i correct that we could not do a sign and trade for lebron? Is it possible to package ibaka + to trade for lebron or no? I think they eliminated that option in the newest CBA.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I don't think the makup of Philly lines up with Bron at all. Simmons needs the ball in his hands and isnt an iso threat really. hes more of a passer+slasher. Unless Lebron wants to mentor him but i dont think that is his MO.

Houston for sure is a good fit as well as Toronto. Easily the best 2 places for him to go. both could use his talents and he would be the final piece of the pie.

Am i correct that we could not do a sign and trade for lebron? Is it possible to package ibaka + to trade for lebron or no? I think they eliminated that option in the newest CBA.
    Salary dumping is harder now because too many teams are over the cap and paying the luxury tax. It'd be hard to get someone to take on Ibaka without giving up one or two of our prospects, and that's if you find someone with the cap space who has struck out in FA. Not impossible, but it's going to be tough unloading Ibaka's contract. S & T with Cleveland is possible if they agree to it, better to get something vs. nothing, not sure how the salary works and the new rules are for S & T's though.

Yeah Simmons and Fultz might need the ball in their hands to be effective and LeBron negates that. I think having two guys who can handle the ball is fine, the only problem is one of them has to play good off the ball at least, which is not the strongest points of either Bron or Ben. Both Harden and Paul can play off the ball. Maybe Bron with his age commits more to taking a lesser role on the ball and develops his off ball game. I can see chemistry issues happening in Philly, at least initially. There's also the Embiid factor where, Bron doesn't like his bigs in the paint/post and likes them catching his passes for threes. Reasons why Love isn't maximized in Cleveland.

I see issues of concern signing in Houston too. Having 3 ball handlers with the amount of usage each demands might not maximize the talent neither. Cp's and Hardens ability to play off the ball helps negate that, but I think issues may still arise to how effective that well oiled machine in Houston would run. I think harden's game takes the biggest hit as he is a drive and kick guy like Bron, so it takes away from what Houston does best by making Harden less effective. Harden in the midst of his peak/prime with MVp caliber play warrants his current usage. There's also the age factor of Cp and Bron, these guys will be in their mid 30's soon and is it worth it for him to sign up on a team with two guys that old taking up 2/3 of the cap? One or Both may decline unexpectedly. They are restricted in terms of how much more talent they can add outside of discount and ring chasing players. This is not like Miami where everyone was in their primes teaming up. 2 of the 3 here are in the twilights of their prime. In Philly you can argue he is teaming up with guys that aren't even in their primes.

With Bron signing with either Houston or Philly, I think he might have to sacrifice and adjust his game at this point in his career. It would be an easier adjustment in Houston, but the danger of age and inability to improve the team is less in Philly. Philly does have health question marks too, so that favors Houston. Lots for Bron to think about.
    Last edited by Heediot; 03-12-2018 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Good points, but Bron did go back to an unproven Cleveland team after he left Miami. With the talent, youth, assets, and cap flexibility to improve beyond just the addition of him and also being in the east, I think they will get a serious look. Cleveland traded Wiggins for Bron, I don't see Sixers hesitating to trade Fultz/Saric/Lakers pick (1 or even all) if Bron joins. The Embiid health concern is legit and that may be one thing that makes him hesitate more then the unproven factor IMO. Just surround the big 3 with shooters and defenders and they can compete with anyone barring health IMO. Bron works well with a secondary ISO scorer IMO (Kyrie/Wade in his prime). It will be tougher this year for him later in the playoffs if the Cavs don't make up for the threat of Kyrie, just like how his efficiency dipped hard when Kyrie was lost in the first finals vs. GS. I think Embiid provides the same safety valve and Simmons to a smaller extent.

Him going to Houston would leave them with no Bench, but with the way Morey does things and the attraction of playing with the big 3 and Capela they should be able to fill out an average bench with ring chasers and discount players.

Philly is a legit contender for his services IMO.
    Cleveland didnít trade Wiggins for LeBron they traded Wigginsís and Bennet who were both lottery picks at the time for Kevin love. Which was one of the reasons Lebron went to Cleveland because they got Love who was averaging 24 pts 12.5 rebs and 4 assist.

Philly has a bright future with Simmons, Embid, and Saric but both Simmons and Saric play Lebrons position and these kids still need some experience. You think they can beat the warriors with no playoff experience at all ? LeBron needs to win now heís turning 34 this year my man.

I just donít see how it would work positionally and in terms of time. The team and player have two complexly different windows.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 03-12-2018 at 05:21 PM.

Cleveland didnít trade Wiggins for LeBron they traded Wigginsís and Bennet who were both lottery picks at the time for Kevin love. Which was one of the reasons Lebron went to Cleveland because they got Love who was averaging 24 pts 12.5 rebs and 4 assist.

Philly has a bright future with Simmons, Embid, and Saric but both Simmons and Saric play Lebrons position and these kids still need some experience. You think they can beat the warriors with no playoff experience at all ? LeBron needs to win now heís turning 34 this year my man.

I just donít see how it would work positionally and in terms of time. The team and player have two complexly different windows.
    What I meant was Cleveland traded Wiggins at LeBron's request for more immediate help. I think Embiid is at the same age as Kyrie was when Bron went back to Cleveland. They can trade their assets (Fultz, Saric, Lakers Pick, etc.) for immediate help if he requests them, just as he requested them to trade Wiggins for immediate help. Give Embiid and Ben another year and the playoff experience this year and the immediate help isn't as raw as people think. Kyrie and Love had no playoff experience when he signed with them neither. Philly isn't favorites to land him, but they will get a sit down and a chance to impress. If they play their cards right, I give them a good shot at landing him personally. They have question marks but the same can be said for re-signing in Cleveland, or in Houston and LA.

LA is just as raw, arguably even more. They do have cap and roster flexibilty and assets for him to mold a potential team like Philly does.

Hou you'll have two guys nearing mid 30's taking up 2/3 cap (Him and Cp3). Harden taking up the other 1/3 Capela taking you near the tax. All you have left to round out the roster is Tucker, one exemption, and possibly some ring chasers and vet min guys. The issue here is age and roster flexibility. Salary dumping (Rhyno, Eric Gordon and probably more) this year will be harder vs. the past because all the contracts that were signed the past few years are catching up to teams and cap space is scarce. Lots of teams, even non legit contenders paying or close to paying the luxury tax. I think he has to consider his window here too as his and Paul's age is getting up there. Might not be as big of a deal as I think since he believes in his own skills and maybe Cp3's too, but he still has to consider it since both guys will be eating most of the cap.

Cleveland, if they re-sign everyone they will be looking at 200 million dollar luxury tax bill, so there's financial issues there. They do have the BK pick and a few movable contracts so they still have a good a chance as anyone. They will have to pay a massive tax bill and move that BK pick to entice him to re-sign.

Cle 25 Hou 25 Phi 20 LAL 15 Rest of the league 10. That's how I personally see the percentages/odds
    Last edited by Heediot; 03-12-2018 at 05:57 PM.

Lebron would probably stay if they can commit to trade that pick for a guy like Conley.

Demar won player of the weak again even with that **** game yesterday.

I don't think Lebron to the Raps is out of the question. He'd fit in perfectly plus we have a bench that we could keep perfectly in tact after signing him. Masai has the green light to go into the tax but he's been reluctant to do so. I think we'd be able to nab Lebron while just letting CJ walk and sliding OG to the bench.

Lowry/Wright/FVV
    DD/Powell
    Lebron/OG
    Ibaka/Siakam
    JV/Poeltl

That's an automatic trip to the finals with a possible title.

Boston decimated with injuries approaching the last stretch of the season. One of their back up big (Theis) is out for the remainder of the season, Smart with a thumb injury, Irving has a knee issue and both Horford and Brown are on a concussion protocol.

Cavs with their own problems of guys down with numerous nicks and bruises, it would be a feat if they can still muster a string of wins with just 16 games left.

Raptors seem set to take the top seed barring any major injuries.

Itís a matter now who they will face in the first round. These lower seeds can be problematic in a seven game series. Obviously Raptors have to win 4 games of seven to advance. They have to win game 1 this time, and break the curse, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I don't think Lebron to the Raps is out of the question. He'd fit in perfectly plus we have a bench that we could keep perfectly in tact after signing him. Masai has the green light to go into the tax but he's been reluctant to do so. I think we'd be able to nab Lebron while just letting CJ walk and sliding OG to the bench.

Lowry/Wright/FVV
    DD/Powell
    Lebron/OG
    Ibaka/Siakam
    JV/Poeltl

That's an automatic trip to the finals with a possible title.
    CJ signed a multi-year deal.

Raptors would have to shed salaries to get about 30+ million under the cap just to feasibly be able to fit him in. Considering they are already about 15 million over cap, they'd have to shed almost 50 million from their payroll to sign LeBron. You can't just sign guys in the NBA - gotta follow CBA rules.

They could try a sign and trade, but salaries would need to match and I'm not sure what incentive the Cavs would have in taking on money with their tax situation and LeBron outbound.