Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 94 of 191 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2856
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Not referencing any post. Just giving my take:

It's too early to talk about DeMar being the best Raptor ever. If he continues this play for a couple more years, then it's not even a debate.

We have to consider that DeMar was selected 9th overall and was extremely raw. Through hard work, he's improved his game every season. What we didn't see was him putting it all together. A couple years ago he showed dramatic improvement in his game and it translated statistically. Last year he took off and had one of the best seasons in Raptor history. He's topping it all this season. I'd like to think we are now watching the beginning of his prime years and how long he keeps playing at this level will define his legacy.
    Are you saying that he needs to play like this for a few more years to match Vince/Bosh's production on the court? Or he needs to play like this for a few more years to match Vince/Bosh's contributions to the franchise?

Because Bosh's production on the court surpasses Demar but his contributions he made to the franchise and the results he accomplished here don't really stack up to Demar's. For Vince, you can try to bring the whole "he brought basketball to Canada" shtick but the fact that he admittedly quit on the franchise negates all of that for me.

personally i find any discussion about the greatest player in a franchise's history that isn't based on performance a pretty weak one. you can be "mr raptor", but that doesn't mean dick when it comes to the greatest raptor ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ:32076956

Are you saying that he needs to play like this for a few more years to match Vince/Bosh's production on the court? Or he needs to play like this for a few more years to match Vince/Bosh's contributions to the franchise?

Because Bosh's production on the court surpasses Demar but his contributions he made to the franchise and the results he accomplished here don't really stack up to Demar's. For Vince, you can try to bring the whole "he brought basketball to Canada" shtick but the fact that he admittedly quit on the franchise negates all of that for me.
    Yeah I was referencing production. I think franchise contribution is more team oriented. Obviously DeMar has a lot to do with it but Lowry had a bigger part imo.

I think with the style of play changing, it's on DeMar now.

He's the primary ball handler in key stretches, where in the past, Lowry would of been that guy.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

If Derozan averages 35% or better beyond 22 feet from here on out, Casey’s offensive plan FWIW would look like a blue print stolen from Golden State’s Fort Knox safe. Throw in the ball sharing, making everybody else better and defensive consistency.

This need of a first option narrative is just a bull crap talking point.

This is all about Derozan and his legacy.

OT: Jamie is my hero

I dont think lowry would have been anything above average without Demar, where as i think demar would have still improved without lowry. They are the perfect pair on paper.
    Demar - steady/calm, attacks the bucket, high usage
    which opens up lowry to - be the emotional leader, camp at the line and focus on what he contributes best - d, rebounding spirit.

I think our recent seasons successes as well as faliures have come at the hand of lowry as well. he ignites us and can emotionally carry us - he was a spark back in our comeback days (when we were coming back to win it in the 4th it seemed like every game. exciting seeason in hindsight) that helped establish the winning culture. but demar taking the pressure off of him by doing the bulk of the scoring really let him flourish.

Can we get a shout out for Colangelo? Val, Lowry and Demar. Amen!
    Last edited by ChongInc.; 01-03-2018 at 05:44 PM.

I personally think Demar this season and last season is better than any season Vince had. Yes one player was a more natural talent and the other had to work hard for it, but that just endears me to Demar even more.

But you're saying Demar needs to do it for 4 seasons to beat out vince? The way vince carried himself and acted and treated/talked about the city of toronto is enough to knock him down a few pegs alone.

And Demar is a #1 now that he is passing. really wtf do you guys want from him lol? If he stays on this trajectory he is having a Kobe season of 25/4/4. That is a premier player in the league. Arguably top 10.

Vince was like a deep throat bj - All flash and no feeling.
    Demar is the woman who knows how to really please a man. all tongue movement and ish hitting the right spots to suck the wins right out of this team.

Mourning... antonio davis... have to think if Vince was as great of an ambassador for the raptors as Demar then these players would have reconsidered their stance on joining the team.

Vince was awesome and exciting. he gets all he credit he deserves for what he brought which was only that. But he is neither the best raptor of all time or the best player the raptors have had anymore.

It's cool that we're all around the same age. we should all meet up for a game and some beers one time. (assuming age based on being young while vince was doing his thing).

Over in the bills forum there are these 2 guys that have been going at it hard for years and i so badly want to see them have a drink together lol.

Fwiw we really need to cool the 25/4/4 It's Kobe talk. Scoring per game is up almost ten points per game from what it was the past 20 years

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 01-03-2018 at 07:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I personally think Demar this season and last season is better than any season Vince had. Yes one player was a more natural talent and the other had to work hard for it, but that just endears me to Demar even more.

But you're saying Demar needs to do it for 4 seasons to beat out vince? The way vince carried himself and acted and treated/talked about the city of toronto is enough to knock him down a few pegs alone.

And Demar is a #1 now that he is passing. really wtf do you guys want from him lol? If he stays on this trajectory he is having a Kobe season of 25/4/4. That is a premier player in the league. Arguably top 10.

Vince was like a deep throat bj - All flash and no feeling.
    Demar is the woman who knows how to really please a man. all tongue movement and ish hitting the right spots to suck the wins right out of this team.

Mourning... antonio davis... have to think if Vince was as great of an ambassador for the raptors as Demar then these players would have reconsidered their stance on joining the team.

Vince was awesome and exciting. he gets all he credit he deserves for what he brought which was only that. But he is neither the best raptor of all time or the best player the raptors have had anymore.
    This conversation took a turn somewhere... lol

The Bulls don't miss.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Nice to see Lowry hitting his first shot coming back into the game after that 3rd quarter he had

DeRozan!!

D. Wright: 25 points on 10-15 shooting, 4-5 from 3, 13 boards, 5 assists, 4 steals, 1 block, +28.

What a game.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer:32078096
    D. Wright: 25 points on 10-15 shooting, 4-5 from 3, 13 boards, 5 assists, 4 steals, 1 block, +28.

What a game.
    What a game indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post

What a game.