Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    ugh man Rubio is shooting 32% and 17% from 3 this month. just been awful this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefistus View Post
    I agree, Favors has played better as a Center all year so far. And last game showed that exquisitely. The main problem we have though, is no one is better than Favors at our PF position, as Udoh isn't very good at PF either. We need a solid PF to replace Favors if we're going to trade him away. I would be fine releasing him this off-season. But I would be fine to keep him for his salary as a backup to Gobert, if he would be willing to do that.
    That would be great IF Favors is willing to take that kind of discount. However, I am more interested in cap space than having an elite back up center to back up an elite center.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    ugh man Rubio is shooting 32% and 17% from 3 this month. just been awful this month.
    He has been garbage for sure. I was thinking he was going to be pretty good for us but I dunno. I think a scoring PG would have been much more helpful for this team. We are really gonna struggle to win games if Rubio and Hood continue to shoot so terribly. About the only bright spots on the team this year have been Mitchell and IMO Thabo has been impressive for what he is asked to do.

And to Dhops point, yes we are horribly unlucky with injuries the last few years. Kinda sickening. What has Burks done to get such little PT? He seems to play decent when he's in the game and at least can provide some offense.

What's frustrating me the most is Defense, we pride ourselves on defensive prowess, why are all the teams having their best games against us?! It's not open shots, we hold every team WELL below their open shot totals (we're holding them to 20 less open shots per game).

The combination of our opponents hitting WAAAAY more than average shots, and us not hitting the broadside of a barnyard door we're losing a lot of games.

Interesting stat, Utah is averaging 59 open shots per game, our opponents are averaging 29 open shots per game. We can't win unless SOMEONE starts hitting shots at the perimeter.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    He has been garbage for sure. I was thinking he was going to be pretty good for us but I dunno. I think a scoring PG would have been much more helpful for this team. We are really gonna struggle to win games if Rubio and Hood continue to shoot so terribly. About the only bright spots on the team this year have been Mitchell and IMO Thabo has been impressive for what he is asked to do.

And to Dhops point, yes we are horribly unlucky with injuries the last few years. Kinda sickening. What has Burks done to get such little PT? He seems to play decent when he's in the game and at least can provide some offense.
    Burks is either great and gives us a huge lift or just goes on a 5 minutes stretch where he single handily kills the offense. As Firefistus is saying we just have to start making shots or get gets out there who can make shots.

Our team is flawed.

Favors is a Center, not a PF, no matter what he calls himself and no matter what they try to say he is. He is a good center. We have 4 centers on the team in an era where centers are becoming less common.

Our franchise player is not an offensive threat in an era where offense rules.

Rodney Hood is best suited for a 6th man. A streaky shooter and a weak defender. He should not be a max contract player and should not be looked at to be our main offensive weapon.

Rubio needs to be in a high tempo offense. His lack of shooting is minimized when defenses are not setup in the half court. He seems like a quality guy, but not a good fit for our team.

The Jazz can try to hide weakness all they want, but it is futile. If they were able to hide them enough to make the playoffs, when they play a team for a 7 game series, they will easily be planned for and used against them.

They need to trade away Rubio, he is not a fit for this team. They need to trade away Favors, his skillset is duplicated on the team. They need to trade away Joe Johnson, we are not making playoffs this year.

Mitchel and Gobert are stars to build around. Exum can still be a star in my opinion. Hood and Burks still have untapped potential and can be solid role players. I think we have a chance to be really good next year, but we need to act now, getting value for players who won't be here next year and preparing for next year.

Rubio is out today with an injury. Will be interesting to see how we play without Rubio. I "feel" like we will play better. Neto is solid, will mean more time at point for Mitchel at PG, which will give more time to Burks who has been playing well. Will be interesting to see how we do tonight.

We didn't do well....a ****ing loss to the Nets. Ugh, gonna be a long season. We are also the only team in the NBA without a road win. Really thought we could get one tonight but not so much. When you give up a 39pt 1st quarter that's a big hole to dig out of. We absolutely have to figure out our awful starts to basically every game, that has become a glaring problem.

yeah we need Rudy back. Favors isn't half the defender Rudy is.

My proposed trade that I think is a win - win for both teams....

Milwaukee gets Favors and Joe Johnson
    Utah gets Jabari Parker, Dellavedova, and Teletovic

Favors and Johnson both help Milwauke this year.... who could be a legit contender to win out the East. Boston doesn't have Heyward and Tatum is a rookie... Cavs are not looking good... so Milwaukee could challenge to win the East with these changes and have financial flexibility this offseason. Dellavedova is a salary dump, they no longer need him and he has 3 years left on his contract. Teletovic is same thing, and they don't need him if they have Johnson and Favors, both players who can play the 4

Parker may not come back this year, so he doesn't help them this year. Are they prepared to offer him a max contract this offseason given his injury history? And they have so much committed money already, they would be heavy in tax range to do so.

Jazz can take a risk of Parker. He is a potential star that could be happy in a small market paired with Rudy Gobert. Dellavedova is a hard working player, would fit in as a solid backup PG for us, which has been a position of weakness for us given Rubio's play. Teletovic is a stretch 4 that we need.

People that argue that we are not giving enough... the big win here for Milwaukee is win now AND financial flexibility this offseason. There is not alot of teams with money this off season, so being able to shed unwanted contracts by giving up a hurt player who won't help you this year and you may not sign next year is a big win for Milwaukee.

This trade makes a ton of sense for both teams... what do you guys think?

Pretty epic win against a decent Orlando team. Pretty good to finally get a damn road win. Hood has been lights out the last few games.

Quote Originally Posted by Raupie View Post

Favors and Johnson both help Milwauke this year.... who could be a legit contender to win out the East. Boston doesn't have Heyward and Tatum is a rookie... Cavs are not looking good... so Milwaukee could challenge to win the East with these changes and have financial flexibility this offseason. Dellavedova is a salary dump, they no longer need him and he has 3 years left on his contract. Teletovic is same thing, and they don't need him if they have Johnson and Favors, both players who can play the 4

Parker may not come back this year, so he doesn't help them this year. Are they prepared to offer him a max contract this offseason given his injury history? And they have so much committed money already, they would be heavy in tax range to do so.

Jazz can take a risk of Parker. He is a potential star that could be happy in a small market paired with Rudy Gobert. Dellavedova is a hard working player, would fit in as a solid backup PG for us, which has been a position of weakness for us given Rubio's play. Teletovic is a stretch 4 that we need.

People that argue that we are not giving enough... the big win here for Milwaukee is win now AND financial flexibility this offseason. There is not alot of teams with money this off season, so being able to shed unwanted contracts by giving up a hurt player who won't help you this year and you may not sign next year is a big win for Milwaukee.

I've been following Jabari Parker since he's been in the league, and on the Bucks Forums they say they won't trade parker unless Gobert is involved......bunch of idiots if you ask me. I don't know how the front office in Milwaukee would feel about a trade like this, but I like it. I don't think you can trade players that are injured without an exception though. And this trade involves 2 injured players.

I like this trade. Well thought out. I think both teams would be better off long term IF Milwaukee can resign Favors.

I recently drove through Milwaukee, it wasn't great. They are going to have an extremely difficult time attracting free agents more talented than Jabari. Look for them to match any offer he gets. This organization is going to do anything they can to keep the Greek Freak happy. If Giannis doesn't want Jabari he's gone. I doubt it, Jabari is rumored to be a great teammate.

our offense with Rudy has been incredible, but the defense has been bad. curious if its just a stretch or if somehow favors is better at the C and/or Rudy holding us back on offense.

I think its pretty resonable, but I doubt the bucks want to trade for a free agent after this year and the jazz probably don't want to trade for someone with two acl tears in less then 4 years.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast