Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    yeah they looked really good. Mitchell had another good game though.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefistus View Post
    I'm afraid I'm going to jinx our squad if I say anything about tonights games, but I will say this. I'm having a lot more fun watching the games this year than I was last year. It seems to me like the guys are just having more fun out there. If we can keep our turnovers down we seem to be able to get W's.
    Die hard Wolves fan missing the crap out of Rubio, moving him will prove to be one of the worst decisions in NBA history. Games are so fun with him playing.

Quote Originally Posted by PickleRick View Post
    Die hard Wolves fan missing the crap out of Rubio, moving him will prove to be one of the worst decisions in NBA history. Games are so fun with him playing.
    I agree, even though he is streaky AF and the last two games has been cold.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

God almighty we couldn't hit the ground with a rock if they gave us 3 trys....

What REALLY frustrated me this game, and the last three games, is the lack of defense. We seriously need to fix our 1st and 3rd quarter defense desperately.

Frustrated rant coming. Thank goodness we didn't extend Hood. He is shooting 39%. Not good enough for a guy who plays below average defense. Favors is too soft. I'm tired of him not letting the opposing team pay for switching a small defender on him. Based on what I've seen I don't see enough reasons to keep Hood or Favors. Both are injury prone. Both are too inconsistent. We shouldn't pay them starter money unless we are positive they are long term answers. They are not the answer. Ingles and Gobert are long term answers. Rubio and Mitchell maybe. I would give them another few months to prove me wrong or else they should be on the trading block. We need to use our cap space to bring in some better talent. We all know what will happen if we overpay Hood and Favors. Our cap space will be tied up on a team that is going nowhere.

Mitchell looks good, remember he's a rookie and has played a total of 11 games his NBA career. He's a cheap asset for the next 4 years, so there's no need to question him. We also have Rubio for 3 years I believe. I agree though, if Favors and Hood want to stay they'll have to take pay cuts, and I don't see other teams offering them a bundle of money to play for them. So I wouldn't be surprised if we wind up getting a house discount with either of them.

We'll get something this off-season for sure that will help us. Everyone was expecting he-who-shall-not-be-named to resign with us and by the time he made his "decision" there was no one else left to pick up to replace him. We have a great Front Office so I'm confident we'll get something.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefistus View Post
    Mitchell looks good, remember he's a rookie and has played a total of 11 games his NBA career. He's a cheap asset for the next 4 years, so there's no need to question him. We also have Rubio for 3 years I believe. I agree though, if Favors and Hood want to stay they'll have to take pay cuts, and I don't see other teams offering them a bundle of money to play for them. So I wouldn't be surprised if we wind up getting a house discount with either of them.

We'll get something this off-season for sure that will help us. Everyone was expecting he-who-shall-not-be-named to resign with us and by the time he made his "decision" there was no one else left to pick up to replace him. We have a great Front Office so I'm confident we'll get something.
    Spot on. Great positive post. Just what I needed to hear.

I am not feeling as positive right now. Mitchel has been great and can be special... but there are actually alot of rookies this year playing well, so not sure it gives us a huge advantage over other teams.

Our biggest advantage over other teams right now is Rudy. There are not many great centers in the NBA. BUT... we are not finding ways to get him shots. Teams are going right at him defensively. We haven't built a team that can showcase Rudy, so that negates much of our advantage of having a legit center.

I did think Quin Snyder had a gift for develping our talent, but how many of our players have actually really developed? Hood? Burks? Favors? Bolomboy? Neto? Heyward definitely improved and so did Gobert, but these other players really have not. If we are not developing them, then how have we not moved them for players who match us better? I know people say that sometimes the best moves are no moves at all. But if you aren't moving a player, its because you think they are more valuable. But many of these players are not showing the growth you would expect from being with the same coach 3 years in a row who is supposed to be a developmental coach.

I still like the team. Still like Quin. But I would argue that we may be giving a little too much credit to Quin when it comes to development.

Not every player is going to improve. Look at Ingles, he's improved dramatically from what he was when he started with the Jazz three years ago. Burks honestly has been hurt and I think that has seriously stunted his growth. He's not going to be a starter at this point because of that fact. Hood has undeniably improved from when he was a rookie, but there again, he's extremely injury prone. Favors in the same boat.

The largest growth in players are by far, Gobert, Hayward, and Exum. But Exum is ALSO made of glass.

Quinn is leaps and bounds over other coaches when it comes to growth, especially compared to Corbin (which I think hurt Favors growth quite a bit)

More so than growth in young players though, is the growth in veterans. Joe Johnson, George Hill, Trevor Booker, they all played their best ball here. That isn't coincidence.

You know what's funny? Watching 2 defensive Centers trying to score on each other....just sayin'

I don't know how good mitchell will be, but man he already has such an array of moves. He just needs to get his fg% up a little bit and when to pull it back and little bit and get his teammates involved. lets hope he doesn't turn into jamal crawford.

Favors is an NBA center. He is obviously more comfortable at that position. He is better offensively and defensively as a center. He is not even undersized to play center in today's NBA. In my opinion we will never be able to compete in a playoff series playing 2 centers while the opposing team go to small ball. We can't occupy our cap space paying for a bench player in crunch time. Big mistake. Obviously Rudy is our future center. If we don't trade Favors by the deadline we need to let him walk for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Favors is an NBA center. He is obviously more comfortable at that position. He is better offensively and defensively as a center. He is not even undersized to play center in today's NBA. In my opinion we will never be able to compete in a playoff series playing 2 centers while the opposing team go to small ball. We can't occupy our cap space paying for a bench player in crunch time. Big mistake. Obviously Rudy is our future center. If we don't trade Favors by the deadline we need to let him walk for nothing.
    I agree, Favors has played better as a Center all year so far. And last game showed that exquisitely. The main problem we have though, is no one is better than Favors at our PF position, as Udoh isn't very good at PF either. We need a solid PF to replace Favors if we're going to trade him away. I would be fine releasing him this off-season. But I would be fine to keep him for his salary as a backup to Gobert, if he would be willing to do that.

man can we just get a little lucky once with injuries? Exum done for the year, Joe johnson missing a ton of time, and Now Rudy is done for 4-6 weeks. You can't even blame the training stuff for these its just freak accident stuff. I don't think we were going to be a great team, but man we just suck at this point.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast