Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    I agree. I can see us beating or loosing to the Blazers, Spurs, Minnesota (if healthy) or the Thunder. I'm confident we would beat New Orleans, Denver, or the Clippers. There is no way we are beating Houston or especially the Warriors. I would love to join anyone in a dreamworld where we beat the Warriors or Rockets but I won't. If this is a single game playoff anything can happen, but in a 7 game series we loose every time. We need more time to develop and improve our roster before we are a legit threat to the NBA's best 2 teams. I would love to hear anyone's reasons why they think we have a chance.
    well it should be noted that the warriors probably wont have curry for the first round. I think we could at least push the warriors to six games without curry.

*Portland @ Houston-obviously if we could get the 3rd seed that would be nice, but if we can't then we want them to win this game.
    *LA @ Utah-Such a huge game. The Jazz control their destiny for the 4th seed and a loss all but eliminates the clippers.
    *Minnesota @ Denver-a win lose game for us no matter what, but assuming we can keep winning we want Denver to win. if we drop a few we want Minnesota to win.

Houston, Utah and Denver

4th obviously the dream scenario, but I think I'd prefer 6th seed over 5th

So here's an interesting situation. IF we beat clippers tonight AND a Lillard-less Portland loses to houston tonight

We would need to beat the Lakers and Warriors

Blazers need to lose to Spurs and Nuggets.

We'll be tied in our record, and the last game will be against the Blazers for the 3rd seed.

With Lillard out that's a real possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefistus View Post
    So here's an interesting situation. IF we beat clippers tonight AND a Lillard-less Portland loses to houston tonight

We would need to beat the Lakers and Warriors

Blazers need to lose to Spurs and Nuggets.

We'll be tied in our record, and the last game will be against the Blazers for the 3rd seed.

With Lillard out that's a real possibility.
    actually if we can go 2-0, blazers can go 1-1 and then if we beat them we have the tie breaker. Man what a demolition tonight of the Clippers. They just looked completely disinterested after halftime. Lets hope Ricky and crowder will be ok.

all the expected teams won tonight. so no change.
    Portland 49-33
    Jazz 48-34
    Spurs 47-35
    Thunder 47-35
    Minnesota 47-35
    Pelicans 46-36
    Nuggets 45-37
    Clippers 45-37

Interestingly if the Jazz win two more. btw props to Oneal. He just destroyed Lou williams tonight. If he can learn to make a 3 he should be really good.
    Last edited by dhopisthename; 04-07-2018 at 06:24 PM.

What a game! This is an exciting time to be a Jazz fan. Quinn Snyder is the man. We outplayed them yes, but our gameplan was working regardless of what players we had out there. When Rubio and Crowder went out, 2 of our best 6 players, it didn't matter.

man if you had told me before the season started we would make the playoffs i would have been happy, but we are going to playing for homecourt. Whats crazy is that in 2014 48-34 missed the playoffs and this year I think it gets you the 4th seed.

so big games tonight include

New Orleans @ Phoenix-we obviously want NO to lose, but this would be a huge upset

Minnesota @ Lakers-another game that would be a huge upset.

no real changes last night, but today the Nuggets already beat the Clippers eliminating the Clippers and giving the Nuggets their 2nd unfavored win(OKC 4 games ago) giving them a real shot at the playoffs. Still have two tough games though

Other big games today
    OKC @ Houston- this is a potential huge loss for us because OKC has the tie breaker over us so a 2nd loss would be a nice cushion. Also I don't have faith in the heat being able to beat them and Memphis certainly isn't.

New Orleans @ Golden State-We obviously want the warriors to win and this game might show how much the Warriors might try against us.

Portland @ San Antonio-This is the tough one. I personally will be rooting for Portland just because above all else I want to have homecourt in round 1 and San Antonio losing helps us more. Plus they can win this one, lose to the Nuggets and if we finish 3-0 we will still get the 3 seed.

updated finishes with two big changes. #1 I think that NO now beats the Clippers on the road, and

Portland 49-33
    Jazz 48-34
    Spurs 47-35
    Thunder 47-35
    Minnesota 47-35
    Pelicans 47-35
    Nuggets 46-36

man i tried to break down different scenarios for what could happen for the Jazz, but its so close that it could be a 2000 page breakdown just to cover everything. Basically 0-3 and its 50/50 that we miss the playoffs despite how well we have played. 1-2 and we could finish anywhere from 4th to 8th. more likely that we finish 6-7th. if we go 2-1 we likely finish 4th or 5th, but possibly 6th. 3-0 and we finish 4th or 3rd.

I have a legitimate question. Lets say we finish 2-0, Portland goes 1-1, and OKC loses a game meaning that no matter what we have the 4th seed locked up for that final game. do we really try to win that game knowing that if we lose we get #4 seed and if we win we get the #3 seed. Is there a team we want to face enough or avoid enough to say purposely lose or win that game. Honestly I think would give our starters a rest.

well okc, Spurs, and New Orleans won. Newest Projections

Portland 49-33
    Jazz 48-34
    Thunder 48-34
    Pelicans 48-34
    Spurs 47-35
    Minnesota 47-35
    Nuggets 46-36

if this 3 way tie happens OKC would be #1, we would be #2, and the Pelicans would be 3rd. man OKC was the one team I really wanted to lose tonight because of their 3-1 tie breaker over us. it really hurts us in any kind of tie breakers. we have to hope the Heat can win or we can win the last 3. Unfortunately the Blazers lost tonight as well so they have to play their last game hard unless we lose one and they win one.

to answer your legitimate question 2 posts ago, if that scenario happens then no, i would not prefer one team over another. if 4th is locked up, to me it's not worth it to bust our tails at maybe getting the 3rd. home court is huge for a team like us, and i'd take our chances at home vs spurs, okc, or whoever else we end up facing. it was said before, i'd much rather have 6th seed vs portland than 5th vs sa or okc, but if we take care of business it doesn't matter.

btw, i have to laugh at the assertion that losing to atlanta killed any chances of home court advantage. there were way too many games left to cry that the sky is falling. that's why all 82 games are played, not 70.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

"of course tom 'jan' brady would whine about a rule change."
    -chipurmunki

I think that our game today is the only one that really matter. Lets see how focused they are against a mediocre team.

man this team can be so careless with the ball at times. its a real achilles heal that might come up in the playoffs.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast