Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG91 View Post
    Neither should be fired! This is the problem with the NFL. Whenever a team has a bad year, somebody should lose their job. Its stupid. The Giants hired a young coach with no experience. Did they expect him to walk thru the door and be Lombardi? Didnt they expect some bumps in the road? Its crazy. I agree that McAdoo has not done a good job this year, but you can add a bunch of players, with track records, to that list of underachievers. The Giants went 11-5 last year when nobody expected it. Does that not count now? I love my Gmen and hate the way this year has gone, but only bad teams change course so quickly. See the Jets, Browns, etc. They are still in the coach carousel, hows it working for them? When you hire a young, inexperienced coach, you should expect some development. McAdoo didnt become dumb overnight.

Now to Reese. Yes he made a mistake by trusting in the development of Flowers. He should have signed a Tackle. BUT, he did address the run blocking by signing a blocking TE and a big receiver that excels in blocking downfield in Marshall. Also, the biggest disappointments on the team this year, has not been Flowers. If I were making a list of issues in order of significance, it would go

1. injuries - ODB, Vernon, Pugh, Marshall, Richburg
    2. poor play by the defense - Collins, linebackers, Eli
    3. O line in total - Jerry, Flowers and Hart
    4. Coaching/playcalling

Basically there is blame to go around and Reese and McAdoo do not deserve all of it.
    Last year's 11-5 record doesn't mean anything. In fact, the team is in this position because the team put too much stock on last year's record.

And yes, mcadoo and JR deserve the majority of the blame. One put this underachieving roster together and ignored some crucial positions. The other is in charge of putting the players in a position to succeed.

This is what happens when you lose confidence in someone's leadership regardless of what happened the previous year: https://www.defensenews.com/breaking...-of-incidents/

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    All I can say is that if the FO made any attempt to fix the oline last offseason, we wouldn't even be questioning this right now. We'd be winning.
    Odell would still be hurt, Apple would still stink, still no pass catching threat at RB, Marshall still gets injured and stunk before he did and jpp would still be nothing

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Odell would still be hurt, Apple would still stink, still no pass catching threat at RB, Marshall still gets injured and stunk before he did and jpp would still be nothing
    FWIW, we weren't winning when Odell went down for the year, JPP is definitely not nothing and I don't really think Apple is our biggest problem in the secondary anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    FWIW, we weren't winning when Odell went down for the year, JPP is definitely not nothing and I don't really think Apple is our biggest problem in the secondary anymore.
    You are right that Apple is not the biggest problem in the secondary, but he is future and we haven't seen any improvement from him.

Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    You are right that Apple is not the biggest problem in the secondary, but he is future and we haven't seen any improvement from him.
    I think we have, though. Like the Denver game was by far his biggest one yet, wasn't that right after he was benched to start the Chargers game? Think he started playing with a bit of an attitude and swag, that's pretty useful for someone playing his position, and I think he flashes more often that he has the potential to be a legit cornerback in this league.

Last year, yes he stood out as the weakest link on that secondary. Now you have Jenkins and DRC getting in trouble outside of the field and their play not matching up to last year's, you have screw ups in coverage, people not looking on the same page, maybe some of the "already giving up on the year" attitude we've been hearing stuff about. I don't know, I think bottom line is he's playing slightly better than people give him credit for and he can still grow.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    I've been a big supporter of GM Jerry Reese ever since we won the SB in 07'. He's tough when it comes to long term contracts and cutting guys....you have to be and was able to bring in guys from FA, the draft, undrafted what have you and put together another SB team in 11'. Not an easy thing to do.

But he lost me when I thought we had transformed the team identity from a Defensive minded franchise to an offensive minded team. He sold me as a fan on McAdoo's offense ....with all these WR's draft picks....Odell being a top WR in the league....and coach McAdoo hurry up offensive game plan.

Then he goes out and neglect the offensive line for years and instead put together a high priced defensive team....and in one year we go from an offensive team back to a defensive minded football team that made it to the playoffs.

As a fan, I'm just flat out confused on who my Giants are or who they are trying to become. If he made these moves just to try to save his job, he flat out failed.

I honestly think that had Reese built up the offensive line and stuck with being an offensive minded football team and then went after an Adrian Peterson, or even a Lagarett Blunt or both, we'd be in much better shape than we are now.

Our defense could've been just average to slightly above average but we be a top offensive football team behind a solid Oline.

So yeah , I think Reese ****ed us up.

But McAdoo is just not much of a motivator of men IMO, I see no fire or love of the game in him. He's just a do your job kinda HC and just throw guys under the bus. He' hasn't gained any brownie points as HC, for being a disaster of a team due to the GM not providing quality players.

So, Unfortunately I think we have to get rid of both of them after this season and start all over.

I would hope that whoever becomes our next HC can continue to build the team around Eli since he has a few more quality years left in him and he can mentor the next franchise QB.......

BUT, if our new GM and HC are ready to make the move and start fresh next year with a rookie, I'll be on board for that.

I've never been a big fan of Reese.
    The one thing I've always defended him on is he has never gotten the Giants into Cap Hell..
    But with OV and JJ contract on top of Eli ... Landon Collins / Odell / Pugh / Richburg coming up for contracts the next few years ...

I'd fire them on the spot for what they're doing to Eli... they need to own this failure, not pin it on a scapegoat

I've defended Reese for a long time. He's standing by this McAdoo nonsense through a terrible start, losing the players and now this.

Fire 'em both. Right now I'm more disappointed in Mara. This is not the way his family has run this organization. There's a reason players pick them over other teams and a reason agents and other GMs work with this team so well, and it's all fading away; from the departure of Tuck and Coughlin, to this Eli nonsense.

I don't see how Mara can stand by the traditional way of not firing guys in-season, yet allow a clearly lame duck GM and coach to do this to his franchise quarterback with 5 games left.

It's such a slap in the face to everything the Giants have stood for.

McAdoo and Reese should be fired today. Period.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    I don't see how Mara can stand by the traditional way of not firing guys in-season, yet allow a clearly lame duck GM and coach to do this to his franchise quarterback with 5 games left.

It's such a slap in the face to everything the Giants have stood for.

McAdoo and Reese should be fired today. Period.
    Unless Mara isn't planning on firing Reese. I don't think he has the cojones to do it and he probably has no clue how to pick a competent GM. Someone with knowledge would have done the right thing years ago.

I expect ownership to mention last year's success as a reason to keep everything intact and give them one more chance. The reality is that ownership is insecure about their ability to lead, hence keeping everything as is.

Fire both of these ****ers. For the first time ever am embarrassed to be a Giants fan and I gave both of them the benefit of the doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read on ESPN that there is a chance that McAdoo will be fired within 24 hours of today's game.

I'd say too little, too late...but at least a step in the right direction. Jerry Reach needs to be next.

Good. Fire Reese as well and then publish a page length apology to Eli Manning from the owners in one of the local papers.

And at season's end, if it's time to move on it's time to move on. But let Eli finish his career as a Giant properly with the fans rooting him on as opposed to booing this disaster of a HC.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Closing this since we have an official word and thread on both being fired.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123