Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    All I can say is that if the FO made any attempt to fix the oline last offseason, we wouldn't even be questioning this right now. We'd be winning.
    What is driving me insane is the fact that the FO didn't pursue anything in the off-season because they thought flowers, Hart and Jerry were going to figure it out after playing together for 3 years. And it's like the FO was the only one out there that didn't see this trainwreck coming.

Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    What is driving me insane is the fact that the FO didn't pursue anything in the off-season because they thought flowers, Hart and Jerry were going to figure it out after playing together for 3 years. And it's like the FO was the only one out there that didn't see this trainwreck coming.
    It really is insane. And they're all seemingly out of position! Flowers is a RG or RT and playing LT; Hart is a G (average at best) playing RT. Pugh, though very good at LG, is clearly at his best at RT. Jones seems to be better at C than G and maybe Richburg is better if he moves back to G and through all of it WE DON'T HAVE A TRUE LT.

Flowers is like Beattly all over again. Trying squeeze top LT play out of a guy who is better off somewhere else on the line.

Really scared at what happens next year, because if Pugh and Richburg get paid somewhere else.....we're ****ed and ****ed for a long time.

Can't let Pugh go - he might be the most versatile quality lineman in the league. Richburg, more iffy.

So disheartening to think of how unanimously we all (Giants fans, media, etc.) just knew that we HAD to improve the OL the past 2 seasons - and if we just took that step, this team could have been a juggernaut.

Everyone knew this - except it seems, Reese and McAdoo. And now we are watching it all fall apart because they were the only guys around who simply didn't think it was that important.

I'd like to see a new GM fix this team. I've lost faith in Reese.

Don't worry. He's got this.

After hearing Reese today, I've lost any faith left I had in him as a GM going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    After hearing Reese today, I've lost any faith left I had in him as a GM going forward.
    Sounded completely deluded. I get that he is trying to defend his body of work and his rationale for not improving the line.

But to listen to him basically say he still thinks the OL is fine and “comparable” to other teams was ridiculous. He needs to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    YES! Makes you wonder if the only stat that mattered to the FO was the 11 wins they got last year. His
    message as a whole just sounds delusional. He took ownership for the lack of success, then he blamed everyone else for the issues and then came back to we are all in this together. I would have fired him halfway through the press conference.

And don't get me started on his defense of the OL and how the thinks that part of the issues this year is that the team's fire lacks in comparison to last year. That is just plain insulting to not just the fans but to the coaches and players. You put all these things together and you can see why the team is 1-6.

Double post
    Last edited by eeek78; 10-25-2017 at 08:19 AM.

How can you fire Reese and not MacAdoo ? The problem with ownership is that they promote from within and not from the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Sounded completely deluded. I get that he is trying to defend his body of work and his rationale for not improving the line.

But to listen to him basically say he still thinks the OL is fine and “comparable” to other teams was ridiculous. He needs to go.

I do think this line is comparable to a bunch of other teams around the league. The problem is not just the lack of talent, but the coaching and scheming around it really has been bad IMO. Especially something that I heard Reese emphasize, commitment towards running the football properly, which for most of the time McAdoo has been here has not existed. We either had one or two games like Philly week 17 a couple of years ago where it was just run the football as a game plan, but mostly it was just plain terrible to watch anytime they tried to run it. It was either a 1st and 10 run poorly executed that wasn't going anywhere or a check play in hurried up offense, that most of the time wasn't going anywhere either. As bad as this offensive line is individually and as a unit, they started showing some push and opening up some lanes this year as it looked like their commitment to it started showing up a bit. Everyone thought that's just Chargers D being bad, then they went and done pretty much the same on the road against what I believe was (may still be) the best run defense in the league in Denver. Nothing has changed talent wise, only a better focus on run blocking and more commitment to executing it properly. Again, this was absent for basically the whole time McAdoo has been here. Did his teams also lacked the talent to be maybe a top 5 or so rushing offense? Sure, but a lot of the ugliness we had to put up for the last few years watching them attempting to run is simply on him and his failures to scheme and put them in a position to execute well. It also doesn't help that Eli is not the proper quarterback to deny some of the pressure you're gonna allow with the OL being what it is. It didn't help that his arm has gotten worse, especially on the deep ball. It's just what it is, OL play around the league is just not that great. You have a handful of elite groups and then everyone else, and even among the handful elite, there are maybe one or two teams who belong there simply because the average level of play around the league is not that good so they look better in comparison.

Now, I blame Reese for a lot of things and for his failures to build a competitive roster at all levels, but I understand and agree with some of the things that he said during his conference.

Also, I don't think Richburg is a must to sign back. Pugh, yes, Richburg I always thought is overhyped simply because he looked slightly better than the rest of the line. Now, I do believe he can be a very effective C for a different type of offense, just not here, not with this one. And I'm aware this might change as there's a good possibility they clean house in the offseason, I just don't want to commit big money to him, knowing that could very well limit our spending that cash on the likes of Pugh, Odell, Collins.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    I give McAdoo credit....in his post game conference, he was asked several times about Eli needing to play better and he said the entire team need to play better, the oline, the defense the qb everybody.

Learn quickly around here not to bash Mr. Manning.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

Eh both should be fired

Both should go, start clean.

Reese should have been let go a while ago..
    The Constant rotation at DT... Just seemly using a 2nd rounder the next year to replace it
    The Ignoring of the LB's in the draft .. We all had hopes for Goodson but if you cant stay healthy

The play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZQ9M3LXEdU

Hard to watch...Check out Apple just watching and kind of getting out of the way....Crazy...

Reese's Picks and McAdoo's coaching....
    Last edited by schuyler5237; 11-07-2017 at 04:04 PM.

Neither should be fired! This is the problem with the NFL. Whenever a team has a bad year, somebody should lose their job. Its stupid. The Giants hired a young coach with no experience. Did they expect him to walk thru the door and be Lombardi? Didnt they expect some bumps in the road? Its crazy. I agree that McAdoo has not done a good job this year, but you can add a bunch of players, with track records, to that list of underachievers. The Giants went 11-5 last year when nobody expected it. Does that not count now? I love my Gmen and hate the way this year has gone, but only bad teams change course so quickly. See the Jets, Browns, etc. They are still in the coach carousel, hows it working for them? When you hire a young, inexperienced coach, you should expect some development. McAdoo didnt become dumb overnight.

Now to Reese. Yes he made a mistake by trusting in the development of Flowers. He should have signed a Tackle. BUT, he did address the run blocking by signing a blocking TE and a big receiver that excels in blocking downfield in Marshall. Also, the biggest disappointments on the team this year, has not been Flowers. If I were making a list of issues in order of significance, it would go

1. injuries - ODB, Vernon, Pugh, Marshall, Richburg
    2. poor play by the defense - Collins, linebackers, Eli
    3. O line in total - Jerry, Flowers and Hart
    4. Coaching/playcalling

Basically there is blame to go around and Reese and McAdoo do not deserve all of it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast