Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Feel Good story of the day

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...troyed-by-fire

There is a ton of negativity in sports these days where stories like this get completely overshadowed. Many people are losing homes/etc and it might not seem like the most important thing in the world when it comes to losing lives/homes etc... but this is a kid... and as a kid his most prized possession was his baseball collection and its good to see all the teams coming together for him. Its a good read.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...troyed-by-fire

There is a ton of negativity in sports these days where stories like this get completely overshadowed. Many people are losing homes/etc and it might not seem like the most important thing in the world when it comes to losing lives/homes etc... but this is a kid... and as a kid his most prized possession was his baseball collection and its good to see all the teams coming together for him. Its a good read.
    On a similar note -- not trying to hijack the story -- the home belonging to Charles Shultz's widow burnt down along with all the Peanuts history.

But kudos to the teams that responded to the kid.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

I was reading that story last night and last I saw it was only the A's, Giants, Rays, and Rockies involved. Cool to see more than half the teams in baseball are sending stuff now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    On a similar note -- not trying to hijack the story -- the home belonging to Charles Shultz's widow burnt down along with all the Peanuts history.

But kudos to the teams that responded to the kid.
    Some stuff was lost, but a lot of the Peanuts stuff, like original drawings and comic strips, are in a museum that wasn't harmed.

This is awesome. I hope every team gets involved and sends something. This kid is going to have an awesome collection of stuff!
    Hopefully his family and everyone else affected by the fires gets back on their feet asap.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That hit me right in the feels.

Itís incredible. MLB teams, MiLB teams, and random fans are sending the kid stuff and posting pics of what they are sending - jerseys, autographs, bobble heads, bats and balls, baseball cards, etC. His family will need a small storage locker.