Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

28 years ago in about 2 hours 1989 "World Series earthquake"

28 years ago Game 3 was postponed.
    We were in the nose bleed section in right center

In memory of all those who lost their lives that day, RIP.

I wasn't born yet, but my grandma was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I wasn't born yet, but my grandma was there.
    That was the last year I went to the World series, it was basically pre internet for information.
    We walked down near the exit and someone had one of those portable 4" TV's and we saw the damage to the bridge and the fires at the marina and decided they weren't going to let them play that night so we left before the game was called.

I live in Modesto and it took about 4.5 hours to get home. My cousin left after the game was called and it took them 7-1/2 hours to get to Burlingame.

The Giants beat the cubs at home in game 5 of the NLCS and the next day I was on a plane to Chicago for business and had seats at the games.

Will the thrill Clark drove in the winning runs that day, he was our last #2 draft choice, that was a good selection.
    Last edited by SfgiantsJD3; 10-17-2017 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    That was the last year I went to the World series, it was basically pre internet for information.
    We walked down near the exit and someone had one of those portable 4" TV's and we saw the damage to the bridge and the fires at the marina and decided they weren't going to let them play that night so we left before the game was called.

I live in Modesto and it took about 4.5 hours to get home. My cousin left after the game was called and it took them 7-1/2 hours to get to Burlingame.

The Giants beat the cubs at home in game 5 of the NLCS and the next day I was on a plane to Chicago for business and had seats at the games.

Will the thrill Clark drove in the winning runs that day, he was our last #2 draft choice, that was a good selection.
    I'm confused by this lol.

But damn. 7 1/2 hours to Burlingame. ****.

I was in Los Gatos and it shook my van almost all the way out of it's parking space. I hadn't left to go home and turn on TV, but had radio on.
    Baseball has been very very good to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I'm confused by this lol.

But damn. 7 1/2 hours to Burlingame. ****.
    Old guy goes back a few weeks before the world Series to the NLCS game 5 and remembers a good memory from 89 mixing subjects /threads. Kind of like being a dodger fan and always posting in one thread no matter what the subject is

My mantra these days is don't get lost on the way home.

That day still stands as one of the most memorable of my life.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"