Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: How good are we?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • We win - SB Bound

    2 50.00%
  • We lose - Fire everyone

    3 75.00%
  • We tie - I miss Sam

    1 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 223
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    14,070
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Same thing happened with the Chicago Cubs' Anthony Rizzo. Dude donated 70% of his paycheck this year to cancer research/charities, too (difference is, he's not made $90m on his career). Pretty cool of guys like this. Very little publicity (in terms of national media).
    Yea but I wouldn't be surprised if rizzo tops $200million in total earnings over his career, jus saying... I mean, that guy is so good, he deserves it. Still, I love stories like this, there needs to be more athletes out there like this that are legitimately trying to go out of their way to make a difference in the world

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

    Your baby can't do this

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    50,650
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Yea but I wouldn't be surprised if rizzo tops $200million in total earnings over his career, jus saying... I mean, that guy is so good, he deserves it. Still, I love stories like this, there needs to be more athletes out there like this that are legitimately trying to go out of their way to make a difference in the world

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    He'll probably make $200m total, but it's way down the road. He signed a real sweetheart contract a few years back. He's signed with the Cubs through 2021, which is another 4 years, and he doesn't even hit double digit's until 2019 (tops out at $14.5m). To this juncture he's sitting at under $12m total and he dropped 70% of his game salary in 2017 on charity. I mean he isn't hurting for money, but that's a huge chunk of cash for someone who really isn't making a ton comparative to his peers.

    But to the greater point, it's great to see guys to be willing to donate to those who need it more than they do, even if they're millionaires. It's cool to see people who understand they have too much disposable income and do something positive about it.
    We're From Philadelphia


    We. Fight.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,228
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I think they are a good team, but I don't know how someone can justify the redskins being better than the eagles.. The eagles have a better record, and easily beat the skins on the skins home field.

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Easily? Really?


    The game was on the line while an incompletion was returned for the game ending TD.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    580
    I don't want to get ahead of myself or take any remaining games for granted but the goal is to first win the division. Hopefully, secure home field in the NFC and WIN a playoff game. I believe the last time this franchise won a playoff game was back in 2009 when we beat the Giants. Something just feels different about this year's team and I hope that 'something' will continue for the remainder of the season. Fly Eagles Fly!

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    36,805
    I'm sick of this Dodgers/Cubs talk. Mostly because I'm jealous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    14,070
    Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Easily? Really?


    The game was on the line while an incompletion was returned for the game ending TD.
    Yea there was the sack fumble TD at the end but are you forgetting the fluke interception in the second quarter that the redskins ran back for a touchdown? That ball was deflected at the line of scrimmage, anything Coulda happened.. It coulda dropped harmlessly to the turf and that woulda taken away 7 points from the redskins total. Point is, the eagles offense had a lot easier time moving the ball than the redskins did. The eagles defense and the Eagles offense were winning match ups all day that game

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jaydubb; 10-19-2017 at 11:01 AM.

    Your baby can't do this

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    14,070
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    He'll probably make $200m total, but it's way down the road. He signed a real sweetheart contract a few years back. He's signed with the Cubs through 2021, which is another 4 years, and he doesn't even hit double digit's until 2019 (tops out at $14.5m). To this juncture he's sitting at under $12m total and he dropped 70% of his game salary in 2017 on charity. I mean he isn't hurting for money, but that's a huge chunk of cash for someone who really isn't making a ton comparative to his peers.

    But to the greater point, it's great to see guys to be willing to donate to those who need it more than they do, even if they're millionaires. It's cool to see people who understand they have too much disposable income and do something positive about it.
    That's gotta be one of the better bargain deals in the mlb tbh. KB as well but he's still on his rookie deal so it's expected. Spotrac says he's making 7million this year on his base salary so that's a little under 5million that he's giving to charity.. Honestly, it doesn't matter if the guys already got even 100mill (which he doesn't, not even close), 5 million is still a ton of money..

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

    Your baby can't do this

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    14,070
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I'm sick of this Dodgers/Cubs talk. Mostly because I'm jealous.


    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

    Your baby can't do this

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lehigh County, PA
    Posts
    992
    Ronald Darby will practice this week.
    Chris Maragos is finished for the year.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    36,805
    Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Ronald Darby will practice this week.
    Chris Maragos is finished for the year.
    Nate Gerry called up from the PS to replace Maragos. The kid had some hype coming in. Wonder how he'll do. Force his way on the depth chart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    36,805
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post


    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    I'll always have the Matt Stairs moon-shot and all the times the Dodgers couldn't get passed the Phillies
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    14,070
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Nate Gerry called up from the PS to replace Maragos. The kid had some hype coming in. Wonder how he'll do. Force his way on the depth chart.
    I was a fan of nate gerry, I'm glad he's back

    Maragos will be missed on special teams, he absolutely sucks as a safety though so that's not a big deal imo

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

    Your baby can't do this

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    14,070
    Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Ronald Darby will practice this week.
    Chris Maragos is finished for the year.
    I'd love for darbs to play this game. I'm not expecting it though..



    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

    Your baby can't do this

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    14,070
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I'll always have the Matt Stairs moon-shot and all the times the Dodgers couldn't get passed the Phillies
    Low blow man... Low blow..

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

    Your baby can't do this

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    14,070
    I've been reading contradicting reports about sidney jones, but the one out there right now says that even though he's eligible to practice, the eagles doctors say that he's still not close to practicing yet and may not even play this entire year (which honestly isn't a surprise).

    This is a little bitter sweet imo.. Bitter because I want to see him play so bad, but also sweet to hear because it sounds like the Eagles are taking it slow with him to make sure he doesn't have any setbacks. I love it

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

    Your baby can't do this

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •