2 50.00%
  • We lose - Fire everyone

3 75.00%
  • We tie - I miss Sam

1 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    You cannot sign a lineman week 7 and expect them to make an impact. It'd be different if they were a prI Bowl left tackle or something and the talent was worth it

But the offensive line is about cohesion just as much as it's about talent. Vatai knows the system and knows his teammates and all he needs to do is be solid on the right side. That's it. He doesn't need to be lane Johnson or jason peters.

I think some people panic but in reality this happens to everyone. Look at the patriots. They lose their best receiver and second best offensive player gronkoswki every year

I believe vatai can play right tackle solidly. And I believe lane Johnson with a couple weeks under his belt can play the left tackle very well. Peters was consistency at left tackle and he'll be missed. But he wasn't dominant anymore. He kinda aged into being a dependable left tackle which is obviously priceless considering most teams don't even have that. But if lane is the guy he's been billed as since he came here then we should at minimum equal production from that side with him there

Vatai just has to not be a revolving door. He just needs to put up a fight. He needs to be a solid starter level right tackle. That's it. We don't need to bring in some guy off the street who hasn't played in 3 months to learn a brand new playbook and get up to game speed and conditioning

Hicks is easier. Instead of having hicks out there with an alternating bradham and kendricks when we run 2 LBs we'll have bradham and kendricks. Both can cover and both are athletic and super talented. We just need them to stay healthy. Corey graham will be the guy who sees the field more now
    Ok but that's because the Eagles have depth right now but what happens if Vatai or Johnson go down? Who steps in then? I'd still go out and get someone like Clady or Albert because they were/are good tackles. Don't throw them into the fire right away but keep them as depth. I wouldn't start them until a couple weeks down the line and only as needed. If Big V struggles, I'd rather not just suck it up with him and have a solid guy behind him just in case. If they can afford a guy like that right now, why not?

Sign a guy like that, let Big V play this week, next week, and then there is a bye. That gives the new guy 3-4 weeks to get conditioned and used to the play book. The Denver game will be tough but the SF and the bye are games to be ok with if Big V struggles a bit. Depth is going to be needed regardless.

Right now, who is behind Big V and Johnson for tackle?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Ok but that's because the Eagles have depth right now but what happens if Vatai or Johnson go down? Who steps in then? I'd still go out and get someone like Clady or Albert because they were/are good tackles. Don't throw them into the fire right away but keep them as depth. I wouldn't start them until a couple weeks down the line and only as needed. If Big V struggles, I'd rather not just suck it up with him and have a solid guy behind him just in case. If they can afford a guy like that right now, why not?

Sign a guy like that, let Big V play this week, next week, and then there is a bye. That gives the new guy 3-4 weeks to get conditioned and used to the play book. The Denver game will be tough but the SF and the bye are games to be ok with if Big V struggles a bit. Depth is going to be needed regardless.

Right now, who is behind Big V and Johnson for tackle?
    There's better options for backup than Brandon Albert, imo. Albert was a fine tackle for a while, but he also caused such an issue this offseason that he was straight up released. Not sure if that's the kind of guy you bring into a team mid-season who's sitting at 6-1 and seems fairly tight knit.

Eagles worked out Taylor Hart today. I'd assume they go depth like that more than they bring in someone like an Albert. I think in either direction, if Johnson or Vatai goes down...the Eagles will be in trouble.

BGN brought up someone like Seantrel Henderson as an option. Honestly, as a backup plan, he might be a very good one in terms of age/cost.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 10-25-2017 at 02:45 PM.
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

I thought Taylor Hart was a DE or DT.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    I thought Taylor Hart was a DE or DT.
    He had been. He switched to OL this offseason. Played well enough/showed well enough in practice to where he was thought by some to have a chance at the 53 man roster. He was too old for practice squad and he was released.

Could be just for an emergency one-week thing. Someone familiar with the schemes, before they go in another direction.
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    There's better options for backup than Brandon Albert, imo. Albert was a fine tackle for a while, but he also caused such an issue this offseason that he was straight up released. Not sure if that's the kind of guy you bring into a team mid-season who's sitting at 6-1 and seems fairly tight knit.

Eagles worked out Taylor Hart today. I'd assume they go depth like that more than they bring in someone like an Albert. I think in either direction, if Johnson or Vatai goes down...the Eagles will be in trouble.

BGN brought up someone like Seantrel Henderson as an option. Honestly, as a backup plan, he might be a very good one in terms of age/cost.
    Not saying to necessarily get an Albert but an idea like you said. Get some depth and at least a viable option. This season has been too special so far.
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Well looks like Hart's the guy.

It's almost like people forgot about what happened exactly one year ago, to this exact week.
    Did people forget Lane got suspended for 10 games and Vaitai took over and we proceeded to get killed? We had to have so much help sacrificed to that side each game, then guess what Lane came back and Wentz started rolling again.

Brady gets 2.4 seconds a release time atleast and Wentz isn't there yet.

Also this Hicks couldn't be released by Bowman is a joke. Bowman stays in the middle and Bradham and Kendricks atay on the outside doing the covering. Regardless its pointless convo, but things are going to get interesting now..

Sure Niners should be easy, but we are the Eagles, nothings ever easy for us. They also have Bucker and Solomon Thomas on dline.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Well bug v also was out for the year too I believe . Had a bad game then was having a good game then went out. Tobin and Barbre were the options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V played well after getting killed by Kerrigan in his first game replacing Lane last year. I have zero issues with V starting.

My bad, I swore he only played two games last year. He did play week 6 and got slaughtered then week's 7 through 11 where he got hurt. The Eagles lost all 5 of the games from week 11 through 15. Week 17 doesn't count obviously since it meant nothing.

The Eagles were just bad really after Lane and were crappier even after Vitai.

Let's see if Big V can hold down the fort. Seems like Lane may be staying at RT.

Lane is much better at right tackle. I'd keep him there, otherwise that'd create 2 problems on the line. Vatai isn't great but he's not terrible either, put him on the left side and have celek there to help him out on 80% of the plays. Yes it'd take away a receiver, but it's better than having the left side blown up completely and Wentz getting injured

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

After this game, I'd be totally ok with SF trading Staley to you guys. Sounds like it'd take alot tho, so probably not likely.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    After this game, I'd be totally ok with SF trading Staley to you guys. Sounds like it'd take alot tho, so probably not likely.
    If it's cheap, wouldn't mind Staley hopping on the plain to Philly with the team.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415