Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 65 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by corky831 View Post
    I'd love Bagley, Ayton, or Porter. All are gonna be studs. Trae Young has been impressive, but we have Kyrie and Brown, with Smart and Rozier playing well. If a team falls in love with Young thinking he could be the next Steph Curry, the top 2 picks could very well be Doncic and Young, or Vice versa. Leaving Bagley, Ayton, and Porter in the 3-5 range. Rare chance, but anything is possible. I'm not high on Bamba though.....need to stay away from him.
    Bagley scares the crap out of me. Yes, the numbers look really nice in the college game. But almost every single one of his baskets is a dunk or layup, a good chunk of which comes from offensive boards. I don’t think he’s going to get the same results in the nba if he can’t shoot enough to keep defenses honest. Not saying he’s going to be a bust but if we’re picking between 2-5, I want a player with better skills.

Bamba’s offensive game is ridiculously raw but he does have huge upside. He needs to put on some weight but his defense is on a whole other level for a college kid. I actually think he has the highest upside in the entire draft and a decent floor just because of the defense he provides.
    Last edited by BostonBoy; 01-01-2018 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonBoy View Post
    Bagley scares the crap out of me. Yes, the numbers look really nice in the college game. But almost every single one of his baskets is a dunk or layup, a good chunk of which comes from offensive boards. I don’t think he’s going to get the same results in the nba if he can’t shoot enough to keep defenses honest. Not saying he’s going to be a bust but if we’re picking between 2-5, I want a player with better skills.
    Not to mention, he misses an awful lot of layups under the basket given his height and strength.

Was kind of board...

Fair to say the Lakers have been pretty bad the last 4 seasons and are continuing that trend this season... After Dec 31st LA won 14, 11, 11 and 14 games during those 4 previous seasons... So an average of 12 wins after Dec 31st... Hopefully that trend continues...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Ayton or Porter for me...
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    That would be ideal

Ayton.....Ayton......and.......Ayton

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    I think ayton is going #1
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    I think ayton is going #1
    Agreed. I’d actually try to move up for Ayton if we land #2. He has the makings of a generational big man (dominant rebounder, extremely good passer for a big, great shooter, good defender when he tries). He has very few holes in his game for such a young player (needs to limit turnovers and actually try on defense).

Agreed. I’d actually try to move up for Ayton if we land #2. He has the makings of a generational big man (dominant rebounder, extremely good passer for a big, great shooter, good defender when he tries). He has very few holes in his game for such a young player (needs to limit turnovers and actually try on defense).
    If we miss out on Ayton and DA wants a big, Bamba is also really good an I wouldnt mind him at all either. 6'11 with an 8 foot wingspan and atheltic for his size. Seems like a guy who can learn a lot from Horford and stevens. Obviously prefer Ayton, but bamba is no slouch.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

Ayton is obviously better but Bamba would fit well with our group too. With the young core of Kyrie, Brown, and Tatum, Bamba could focus on his strengths of defense/rebounding and let the offense slowly grow. I think having a more athletic center would be huge for Kyrie too. A lot of times, Baynes can’t finish off of Kyrie’s passes. He’s just not quick/athletic enough.

I’d be happy with Ayton, Bagley or Bamba to be honest.

We need a good young big and if the Lakers pick conveys its almost certain we get one....by draft or trade.

IT scored 17 in his debut last night! Looked pretty good, wish he was playing tonight.

I think if the C's don't land the #2 pick and end up with 3,4 or 5, DA makes a major move for AD... But I also think even if the C's land the #2 pick, it will get moved in a AD to Boston blockbuster... I also don't think JT or JB would be involved in any trade if DA gets the #2 pick... 3, 4, or 5 then maybe JB gets involved... He'll use the DPE for a player to be added in a draft time trade... I think it will be a S&T with Smart along with other contracts to equal it out... Smart, Morris, Yabs the DPE player and LAC pick and possibly the Mem pick...

I also think DA will agree to take on a crappy contract like Asik or Hill... Little reminiscent of the C's/BK heist, except that the gold asset in return will be AD and not 3 straight lotto picks... I think shedding a crap contract could be more of a win for NO than JT or JB...
    Last edited by Forever35; 01-03-2018 at 02:24 PM.
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    I think if the C's don't land the #2 pick and end up with 3,4 or 5, DA makes a major move for AD... But I also think even if the C's land the #2 pick, it will get moved in a AD to Boston blockbuster... I also don't think JT or JB would be involved in any trade if DA gets the #2 pick... 3, 4, or 5 then maybe JB gets involved... He'll use the DPE for a player to be added in a draft time trade... I think it will be a S&T with Smart along with other contracts to equal it out... Smart, Morris, Yabs the DPE player and LAC pick and possibly the Mem pick...

I also think DA will agree to take on a crappy contract like Asik or Hill... Little reminiscent of the C's/BK heist, except that the gold asset in return will be AD and not 3 straight lotto picks... I think shedding a crap contract could be more of a win for NO than JT or JB...
    NO won’t do that. They’re going to require one of JB/JT or they’ll just hold onto AD. They could also get more from another team like Philly. Fultz + Saric + picks + salary filler is probably a better offer and then they end up with Simmons, AD, Embiid, Covington.

NO won’t do that. They’re going to require one of JB/JT or they’ll just hold onto AD. They could also get more from another team like Philly. Fultz + Saric + picks + salary filler is probably a better offer and then they end up with Simmons, AD, Embiid, Covington.
    Philly's days of top 5 selections is over... They gave the LAL pick to us... I'm pretty sure the best they can do is the #1 pick if LAL completely tanks which I can't see happening given that the Hawks are horrible...

I just have a feeling that the Pelicans are gonna get shafted by somebody if they trade AD... And I hope it is DA that pulls the trigger... I know Dell Demps hates the C's, but if the 18' pick is #2 or #3 that has alot of value given the big men available...

Reggie Lewis

Page 65 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast