Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    954
    Posts
    1,978

    Lets say the Cavs win the championship..

    To break the monotony/acceptance of unfair fate for this upcoming season, lets say the Cavs win the title. Assuming it will be against the Warriors, Lebron, Wade and company would have taken down the best team ever. Both 4 rings each for James and Wade, James having beaten the best team ever twice in a 7 game series.

    So that begs the question, where do you rank James and Wade all-time with a hypothetical title over GS this upcoming year? Is James the GOAT with this feat?

    FWIW, I don't think the Cavs winning is completely out of the question, and injuries and a number of other things can certainly change a lot but as of right now, I give GS roughly an 80% chance to win Cavs 20%.
    Last edited by HandsOnTheWheel; 10-17-2017 at 01:28 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,619
    What if Boston takes out Cleveland. Is James losing to Irving a bigger flop then losing to Dallas in 2011?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,606
    Nothing changes for most people. A very small amount of people will move him to GOAT, but other than that, you pretty much already have him there, or you never will.
    D. Rob gives Hakeem 40/16/7/4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_RP3SvZ4O8
    D. Rob gives Alonzo 52/14/7
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-NRWNX7Z7Y
    D. Rob gives the Pistons 34/10/10/10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkpT0QdUDIY
    D. Rob gives the Clippers 71/14
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck4KXAydlkE
    D. Rob gives Shaq 36/13/7/6
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XivZd3mRVw
    D. Rob gives Ewing 45/16
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8Ddm9WVzjA
    IF YOU DON"T KNOW, NOW YOU KNOW

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    954
    Posts
    1,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    What if Boston takes out Cleveland. Is James losing to Irving a bigger flop then losing to Dallas in 2011?
    It would take a lot to happen for the C's to take down the Cavs but yes assuming they beat them as well.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    21,637
    a) wont happen
    b) wont happen
    c) wont happen


    if it did. i still say there are major questions over lebron throughout his carear needing to team up with studs, having wade walk on starter for him. I think obviously it helps his legacy. but i think you are really ahead of yourself thinking they will. anyone who watched the bulls know wade isnt special at all anymore. they are going to be asking a ton of Love and Rose this season. and i think that while healthy Thomas would end up making them better cause he is a better playmaker than irving. i think that Thomas may not ever look right and thats why he was traded.

    FWIW I see the cavs crumbling at some point in this season. Rose goes down. your asking a 35 year old and a Kevin Love who is no longer really a star to carry a team through the season. Questions will arise when Lebron wont resign and they are struggling. IT comes back near the end of the season but doesnt look like his old self.

    I honestly dont expect the cavs to win the east. much less win it all. I think the celtics will end up winning the regular season. also watch out for the Bucks.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    hoosierland
    Posts
    8,629
    Quote Originally Posted by HandsOnTheWheel View Post
    To break the monotony/acceptance of unfair fate for this upcoming season, lets say the Cavs win the title. Assuming it will be against the Warriors, Lebron, Wade and company would have taken down the best team ever. Both 4 rings each for James and Wade, James having beaten the best team ever twice in a 7 game series.

    So that begs the question, where do you rank James and Wade all-time with a hypothetical title over GS this upcoming year? Is James the GOAT with this feat?

    FWIW, I don't think the Cavs winning is completely out of the question, and injuries and a number of other things can certainly change a lot but as of right now, I give GS roughly an 80% chance to win Cavs 20%.
    Without Kyrie, their chances has drop to 6.6 percent now barring any major injuries to the competition


    Click photo to see what we do best as defending champions!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,606
    Quote Originally Posted by kyben36 View Post
    a) wont happen
    b) wont happen
    c) wont happen


    if it did. I still say there are major questions over lebron
    throughout his carear needing to team up with studs, having wade walk on starter for him. I think obviously it helps his legacy. But i think you are really ahead of yourself thinking they will. Anyone who watched the bulls know wade isnt special at all anymore. They are going to be asking a ton of love and rose this season. And i think that while healthy thomas would end up making them better cause he is a better playmaker than irving. I think that thomas may not ever look right and thats why he was traded.

    Fwiw i see the cavs crumbling at some point in this season. Rose goes down. Your asking a 35 year old and a kevin love who is no longer really a star to carry a team through the season. Questions will arise when lebron wont resign and they are struggling. It comes back near the end of the season but doesnt look like his old self.

    I honestly dont expect the cavs to win the east. Much less win it all. I think the celtics will end up winning the regular season. Also watch out for the bucks.

    Quote Originally Posted by iknowhoops View Post
    nothing changes for most people. A very small amount of people will move him to goat, but other than that, you pretty much already have him there, or you never will.
    I knew it was coming, but its still annoying when doing the impossible means nothing.
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 10-17-2017 at 04:45 AM.
    D. Rob gives Hakeem 40/16/7/4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_RP3SvZ4O8
    D. Rob gives Alonzo 52/14/7
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-NRWNX7Z7Y
    D. Rob gives the Pistons 34/10/10/10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkpT0QdUDIY
    D. Rob gives the Clippers 71/14
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck4KXAydlkE
    D. Rob gives Shaq 36/13/7/6
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XivZd3mRVw
    D. Rob gives Ewing 45/16
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8Ddm9WVzjA
    IF YOU DON"T KNOW, NOW YOU KNOW

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    From 303 to the 614
    Posts
    8,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    What if Boston takes out Cleveland. Is James losing to Irving a bigger flop then losing to Dallas in 2011?
    This is even more unlikely than the op

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    27,432
    i'd have to watch the games first
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    71,597
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    i'd have to watch the games first
    exactly. Until we know HOW they won, none of it matters.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,220
    Quote Originally Posted by HandsOnTheWheel View Post
    It would take a lot to happen for the C's to take down the Cavs but yes assuming they beat them as well.
    i think its more likely the C's beat the Cavs than the Cavs beat GSW

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,671
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Nothing changes for most people. A very small amount of people will move him to GOAT, but other than that, you pretty much already have him there, or you never will.
    This.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

    I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

    The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    14,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    exactly. Until we know HOW they won, none of it matters.
    yep... your basic circle jerk without context (ie most threads on PSD)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    31,618
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    i think its more likely the C's beat the Cavs than the Cavs beat GSW
    That's actually an interesting debate I think, though one we could have better after we see how Boston gels and even CLE. You figure the rotation is 10 players and BOS turned over 6 of them. CLE turned over 5 themselves, and will re-turn one over when IT comes back too. BOS's seems more extreme because the 4 guys staying in the rotation are the only guys staying at all but CLE had about as much turnover among guys that will actually play. CLE has more consistency at the top of the roster though so obviously in better position but people really do underestimate I think how much they've changed as well.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    21,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    What if Boston takes out Cleveland. Is James losing to Irving a bigger flop then losing to Dallas in 2011?
    #ancientthinking

    Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •