Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who will win this matchup?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

0 0%
  • Buffalo Bills

0 0%

Week 7: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-3) At Buffalo Bills (3-2)

Week 7

(2_ -_ 3)______________________ (3_ -_2)

Tampa____________Buffalo

_____AT _______

Sunday, October 22nd, 1:00 PM ET
    New Era Field, Orchard Park, New York

PLAYERS TO WATCH:

VS

Quarterback:

Jameis Winston - COMP 99 / ATT 164 / TD 7 / INT 3 / YDS 1259
    Tyrod Taylor - COMP 85 / ATT 136 / TD 6 / INT 2 / YDS 910

VS

Running Back:

Doug Martin - ATT 27 / YDS 127 / AVG 4.7 / TD 2
    LeSean McCoy - ATT 87 / YDS 279 / AVG 3.2 / TD 0

VS_______________

Wide Receiver:

Mike Evans - REC 27 / YDS 371 / AVG 13.7 / TD 3
    Zay Jones - REC 5 / YDS 66 / AVG 13.2 / TD 0

VS

Tight End:

Cameron Brate - REC 21 / YDS 281 / AVG 13.4 / TD 4
    Charles Clay - REC 20 / YDS 258 / AVG 12.9 / TD 2

VS

Kicker:

Patrick Murray - FGM 0 / FGA 0 / XPM 1 / XPA 1
    Stephen Hauschka - FGM 4 / FGA 4 / XPM 8 / XPA 8

_______________VS

Tackles Leader:

Kendell Beckwith - SOLO 36 / AST 5 / TOT 41
    Preston Brown - SOLO 14 / AST 24 / TOT 38

VS

Sacks Leader:

Gerald McCoy - SACKS 2.0 / FF 0
    Jerry Hughes - SACKS 3.0 / FF 1

VS

Interceptions Leader:

Brent Grimes - INT 1 / PD 5 / TD 0
    Micah Hyde - INT 4 / PD 5 / TD 0

Click For More Stats

2017 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Ready For War

My Lavonte David PC

Our #1 WR for this game has 5 catches through 5 games.

They said Mathews may come back. Even if he doesn't catch many passes, he will still command attention, clearing up some room for other players.

I am looking forward to seeing the play calling. This is McDermott's big test. Coming off a loss after a bye. He had plenty of time to see that shotgun works, lining up under center doesn't. He also has had plenty of time to see that if McCoy rushes for negative yards consistently, that wont change if you keep on calling rushing plays.

Lets hope Fitz is the QB. Our defense will have a huge game if he is in there.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    They said Mathews may come back. Even if he doesn't catch many passes, he will still command attention, clearing up some room for other players.

I am looking forward to seeing the play calling. This is McDermott's big test. Coming off a loss after a bye. He had plenty of time to see that shotgun works, lining up under center doesn't. He also has had plenty of time to see that if McCoy rushes for negative yards consistently, that wont change if you keep on calling rushing plays.

Lets hope Fitz is the QB. Our defense will have a huge game if he is in there.
    I think it's too soon to blame McDermott. I'll reserve judgement until he gets good players on offense. You can't deny the impact he's had on the defense.

Also, Matthews commands as much attention as you or I would.

I agree the defense will eat Fitz alive. Should be a good game regardless of who starts at QB, but if Winston starts, I'll give TB the slight edge.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I think it's too soon to blame McDermott. I'll reserve judgement until he gets good players on offense. You can't deny the impact he's had on the defense.

Also, Matthews commands as much attention as you or I would.

I agree the defense will eat Fitz alive. Should be a good game regardless of who starts at QB, but if Winston starts, I'll give TB the slight edge.
    You read my mind here on each point except the end. I think the offenses are comparable if Winston is in, but bills have the defensive advantage. I think we have the d to negate the difference in receiving threats.

Winston playing doesnít give TB the edge. He has the same exact stats this year that Tyrod has and Winston has Evans, Jackson and a better supporting cast of players catching the ball.

This game will come down to McCoy. TB has been bad this year against the run, even allowing Adrian Peterson to run all over them last week. Our defense will be as steady as it has been all year, so it will be all about MCCoy this game. If McCoy cant run, his wrist and hammy is either not 100% or he simply lost a step and we will be in trouble.

As for Jordan Mathews, he will be playing and wearing a splint on his thumb. But him playing is huge, because what a lot of you donít know is, he never runs a rout half assed like some other players on this team. He puts out 100% even when he knows his number wonít be called. And when running plays are called, he is one of the better blockers in the league up the field. A lot of McCoys big plays this year were aided by Mathews making a block 15 yards down the field creating the difference between a 8 yard gain and getting 15 or more instead. But a lot of you guys donít see it.

Watch when Tyrod is throwing, Mathews will have not only a player covering on him, but the safety will be leaning his way as well. This will benefit OíLeary and Zay, if he can finally catch more than one ball a game.

I got my money on the Bills winning today. And I bet Tyrod will make huge plays and we wonít hear anything about Tyrod until the next game we lose.

First half completed. Exactly what I wrote before the game, is exactly how the game is being played out.

Tyrod made some huge plays, MCCoy is running good, Zay Jones still canít catch and questionable coaching decisions, wasting 3 points at the half.

Next week, itís time for Zay Jones to be inactive. Bring in Reilly or anyone from the practice squad. This coach needs to make Zay realize he needs to earn his roster spot, rather than it being gifted to him due to his draft position. Zay brings nothing to this team, except for incompletes. He needs to ride the pine, face humility and see if a fire can be lit. If he doesnít do anything this 2nd half, he should not be playing. If he was a 7th round pick, everyone would say he sucks. His draft position shouldnít make anyone judge what we see on the field any differently.
    Last edited by sabres11; 10-22-2017 at 02:35 PM.

Great game by Tyrod. Finally on a late 4th qtr drive he has WRís who know how to catch the ball. But Iím sure we wonít here a peep about him this week. As I said a few days ago, Deonte Thompson will come to play and he did.
    Last edited by sabres11; 10-22-2017 at 06:55 PM.

I missed the game today. I see the stats but maybe one of you can fill me in on the finer details of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I missed the game today. I see the stats but maybe one of you can fill me in on the finer details of the game.
    Deonte Thompson stepped in caught 4/110. Zay Jones made two catches, but had a few more bounce of his hands. After his first catch, the crowd gave him a standing ovation to mock him. McCoy ran good, 2 TDs. And Tyrod made huge plays, runs and throws, to keep the chains moving all day long.

McCoy fumbled late in the game (around 3 minutes left) and Tampa took the lead a few plays later. Tyrod, with the help of Thompson, went down the field in under a minute for a TD. On TB's next possession, White forced and recovered a fumble, setting up a FG to win it.

Good game. I don't want to be fooled into thinking this way like in years past, but this could finally be the year...

Next week against the Raiders is a big game for future wild card standings.

Teams we need to watch are the Raiders, Broncos, Dolphins, Texans, Titans and Jags.

Winning 3 out of the next 4 will put them at 7-3 and probably needing to just go .500 the rest of the way, with two games against the Dolphins and one against the Colts. Getting to 10 or 11 is doable!

The next 4 games are the Raiders, Jets, Saints, and Chargers.
    Last edited by smood999; 10-23-2017 at 10:47 AM.

Deonte Thompson stepped in caught 4/110. Zay Jones made two catches, but had a few more bounce of his hands. After his first catch, the crowd gave him a standing ovation to mock him. McCoy ran good, 2 TDs. And Tyrod made huge plays, runs and throws, to keep the chains moving all day long.

McCoy fumbled late in the game (around 3 minutes left) and Tampa took the lead a few plays later. Tyrod, with the help of Thompson, went down the field in under a minute for a TD. On TB's next possession, White forced and recovered a fumble, setting up a FG to win it.
    Good call on Thompson earlier in the week.

Damn sounds like i missed a great game.

Bills released Kailen Clay and picked up CB Tony McRae.

If you play fantasy and need a receiver, this is the time to pick up Thompson. Especially in PPR. He will give us 5 or more catches per game moving forward. Tyrod trusts him and threw to him a few times while being covered by two players. I just saw a replay from Sunday. On the one play late in the game, Tyrod clearly looked at Zay Jones, saw him open, but turned and threw to Thompson, who was covered instead for the completion. That speaks volumes. In Tyrod's eyes, Zay is not apart of the game plan late in the game.