Week Six
    @

Sunday, October 22nd at 12:00PM CDT
    TV: CBS

Players To Watch

Starting QB's

~VS~

Cam Newton, QB #1 - 1,476 Yards / 9 TD 8 INT / 64.5 CMP% / 85.3 QB Rating
    Mitchell Trubisky, QB #10 - 241 Yards / 2 TD 1 INT / 48.8 CMP% / 73.3 QB Rating

Starting RB's

~VS~

Jonathan Stewart, RB #28 - 247 Yards / 85 Carries/ 2.9 YPC / 1 TD
    Jordan Howard, RB #24 - 495 Yards / 118 Carries/ 4.2 YPC/ 4 TD

Receiving Leaders

~VS~

Kelvin Benjamin, WR #13 - 26 Catches / 371 Yards / 1 TD
    Kendall Wright, WR #13 - 20 Catches / 236 Yards / 1 TD

Defensive Leaders

~VS~

Julius Peppers, DE #90 - 14(9) Tackles / 6.5 Sacks / 0 INT
    Akiem Hicks, DE #96 - 19(14) Tackles / 5 Sacks / 0 INT

Click For Full Regular Season Stats

Last edited by blams; 10-16-2017 at 10:08 AM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Let's keep this civil guys. No insults.

Gonna have to start handing out infractions to certain posters and I don't want to do that.

Click here to register!

Just win baby! - Go Mitch!
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I just cant fathom how people can be so upset with a gameplan that has us leading through 90% of the game. and winning. If you want to be mad, be mad at fox and company for their terrible special teams coaching. thats what nearly cost us the game. Our D was on point. the gameplan was solid. outside of 1 freek TD and a Bad Kick coverage the game was in hand 24 to 9. WE have a good Run game and we were facing two of the top 2 teams in the leauge these last two weeks with an inexperienced QB That is Handcuffed by the fact that we have guys who can no create separation.

I think what is interesting is after listening to fox and Mitch post game interviews is Mitch claimed that they were giving them looks that would be checked into runs anyway. and Fox said back when he played them in denver with Payton they had a like 49 run 20 pass with payton manning.

I just think its irresponsible to think that we need to pass the ball with mitch against a good D. especially when the run game is working and you are up. yes u would like to see more variety but i would also like to see some receivers who have some experience and skill out there. Again, lets point to what happened when Kizer passed for 30 attempts vs that D. he ended up turning the ball over a ton of times

FWIW

Mitches First 3 games look

Minnesota Vikings
    Pass YPG 216.8 (14th)
    Rush YPG 78.7 (3rd)
    Total YPG 295.5 (5th)

Baltimore Ravens
    Pass YPG 189.5 (5th)
    Rush YPG 141.3 (30th)
    Total YPG 330.8 (16th)

Carolina Panthers
    Pass YPG 196.7 (7th)
    Rush YPG 83.3 (5th)
    Total YPG 280.0 (4th)

At least his 4th weeks clears up with the Saints

New Orleans Saints
    Pass YPG 268.4 (28th)
    Rush YPG 100.8 (11th)
    Total YPG 369.2 (26th)

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Lol

Panthers aren't anything special, but they have a long time to prepare for the Bears. Really not sure what to expect.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I just cant fathom how people can be so upset with a gameplan that has us leading through 90% of the game. and winning. If you want to be mad, be mad at fox and company for their terrible special teams coaching. thats what nearly cost us the game. Our D was on point. the gameplan was solid. outside of 1 freek TD and a Bad Kick coverage the game was in hand 24 to 9. WE have a good Run game and we were facing two of the top 2 teams in the leauge these last two weeks with an inexperienced QB That is Handcuffed by the fact that we have guys who can no create separation.

I think what is interesting is after listening to fox and Mitch post game interviews is Mitch claimed that they were giving them looks that would be checked into runs anyway. and Fox said back when he played them in denver with Payton they had a like 49 run 20 pass with payton manning.

I just think its irresponsible to think that we need to pass the ball with mitch against a good D. especially when the run game is working and you are up. yes u would like to see more variety but i would also like to see some receivers who have some experience and skill out there. Again, lets point to what happened when Kizer passed for 30 attempts vs that D. he ended up turning the ball over a ton of times

FWIW

Minnesota Vikings
    Pass YPG 216.8 (14th)
    Rush YPG 78.7 (3rd)
    Total YPG 295.5 (5th)

Baltimore Ravens
    Pass YPG 189.5 (5th)
    Rush YPG 141.3 (30th)
    Total YPG 330.8 (16th)

Carolina Panthers
    Pass YPG 196.7 (7th)
    Rush YPG 83.3 (5th)
    Total YPG 280.0 (4th)

New Orleans Saints
    Pass YPG 268.4 (28th)
    Rush YPG 100.8 (11th)
    Total YPG 369.2 (26th)
    First, I never said Mitch should have passed 30 times. What I suggested is not rocket science. Mix in some short passing plays to keep the defense guessing. These plays are designed to get the ball out of the QB's hands as quickly as possible and let your playmakers (Cohen) do some damage in the open. Utilize your TE's more. Take some pressure off the WR's who have trouble getting open.

I won't keep arguing this. I'm happy we won the game, but I just think the offensive gameplan can improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post

FWIW

Minnesota Vikings
    Pass YPG 216.8 (14th)
    Rush YPG 78.7 (3rd)
    Total YPG 295.5 (5th)

Baltimore Ravens
    Pass YPG 189.5 (5th)
    Rush YPG 141.3 (30th)
    Total YPG 330.8 (16th)

Carolina Panthers
    Pass YPG 196.7 (7th)
    Rush YPG 83.3 (5th)
    Total YPG 280.0 (4th)

New Orleans Saints
    Pass YPG 268.4 (28th)
    Rush YPG 100.8 (11th)
    Total YPG 369.2 (26th)
    Let's move on, man. Everyone knows your opinion of the gameplan, and you know everyone else's opposing viewpoints. At this point we're just beating a dead horse (Didn't feel like multi-quoting anyone else, but this applies to a few people)

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    First, I never said Mitch should have passed 30 times. What I suggested is not rocket science. Mix in some short passing plays to keep the defense guessing. These plays are designed to get the ball out of the QB's hands as quickly as possible and let your playmakers (Cohen) do some damage in the open. Utilize your TE's more. Take some pressure off the WR's who have trouble getting open.

I won't keep arguing this. I'm happy we won the game, but I just think the offensive gameplan can improve.
    again, i have already gone over this. between mitch running and getting sacked and passing attempts, he droped back to pass 25 times not the 16 you love to keep referencing. only 8 he was able to find anyone open. So how many more would you like him to drop back. (serious question and please answer honestly) 30. 35. again, bassed off the fact that for every 5 dropbacks he had 2 INC. 2 Comp and 1 sack.

again, we are playing a top 5 rated secondary with a 30th ranked run defense. i would say a 60-30 split between run and pass (50 runs with 25 dropbacks) seems reasonable considering those numbers. ????

FWIW. i dont disagree that most of the time i would love to see more passing which would open up the run game. But we are running a 2nd carear start rok with no reasonable receivers out there. against a top 5 secondary which is #2 in INTs this season. But terrible against the run.

Again, if anything tell me how many times you would like to see mitch drop back vs that ravens secondary????

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Let's move on, man. Everyone knows your opinion of the gameplan, and you know everyone else's opposing viewpoints. At this point we're just beating a dead horse (Didn't feel like multi-quoting anyone else, but this applies to a few people)
    dude, we are 1 day out of the game. i get your trying to keep control of the forum or whatever but this is still a viable topic to discuss.

-Rem Koolhaas

No idea what I'm reading and I know his catches barely scrape the minimum but it looks like Kendall Wright should probably be utilized more. The guy has posted a 90 catch season before.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr

Courtesy of BDAWK in the main

Jesus Christ man

FWIW

5 play sample bassed on our last game vs Baltimore

Pass 5 play sample

2 INC for 0 yards
    2 completions for an average of 14 yards a peice
    1 sack for an average of -6.75

TOTAL YARDS averaged for 5 plays 21.25
    21.25/5= 4.25 Yards per pass

Run 5 play sample

5 strait runs averaging 3.98 yards per run

TOTAL YARDS averaged for 5 plays 19.9 yards
    19.9/5= 3.98 Yards per run

So for all the complaining about we need to pass more. based on the game stats we are complaining about a .27 yards per play diference between them.

the pass game was shut down by an elite defense and the run game was working. so why not ride the hot hand instead of trying to force a square peg (passing) into a round hole ( a defense who is terrible vs the run but great against the pass)

-Rem Koolhaas

Was Zach Miller putting money in his safe in his stupid celebration?

And how many of those passing plays were quick drop and throw type plays, Kyben? Or do I need to start giving you examples? Youíre the only person defending this horrendous playcalling.

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast