Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    Just funny that this team with so many moving parts and not a lot of top end potential is doing what its doing. Especially compared to a Marlies team that once had trouble getting Kapanen into the lineup on a regular basis a few years ago.
    The organization has come a loooong way In 3 years man.

Marlies move to 34-11-0-1 after hammering Laval 7-1 yesterday. Johnsson with a goal and an apple. Valiev, Moore, Smith, Soshnikov, Greening and Timashov with the other goals. Neilsen 2 assists, Rychel 2 assists, Bracco 3 assists, Aaltonen 2 assists. LoVerde, Mueller, Marincin and the Goat with singles. Pickard 31 saves on 32 shots.

This team is rollin baby.

Marlies beat Belleville 7-4 last night. Aaltonen 2 goals 1 assist. Mueller 1 and 1. Marincin 1 and 1. Marchment 2 goals. Smith 1. Rychel and Soshnikov with 2 assists. Neilsen, Moore and the Goat 1 assist each. Johnsson with 3. Sparks 21 saves on 25 shots.

I realize how deep the team is but I would really like to see some players over a ppg. It would really ease my worries that they are winning because of a system/depth rather than top end future NHL talent.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I realize how deep the team is but I would really like to see some players over a ppg. It would really ease my worries that they are winning because of a system/depth rather than top end future NHL talent.
    While a PPG player would be nice, to have a guy under the age of 25 do that and play there the whole season is very rare. We have 3 guys that can play that pace though:

Johnsson: 40 in 42 games
    Sosh: 16 in 17 games
    Kapanen: 24 in 28 games

Most of the PPG players in the AHL right now are lifers and the ones that do put up those numbers don't stay down for long. The Marlies winning because of depth is a good thing, means we could take a bunch of injuries and still be effective at both levels. The high end talent isn't there (aside from Liljegren) but with guys like Kapanen,Marner,Nylander,Matthews,Brown on the big club, you really just need bottom six filler guys right now.

Also looking to next year I think Timashov-Brooks-Bracco could be a killer line!

Marlies beat Binghamton 3-1 today. Valiev, Neilsen and the Goat get the goals. Holl, Johnsson, Smith and Mueller with 1 assist each. Bracco with 2.

Pickard 15 saves on 16 shots.

36-11-0-1 record now. Next game at home tomorrow against Binghamton again.

Surprise, surprise.. the Marlies win 5-2 today over Binghamton to move to 37-11-0-1 on the season. Colin Greening lead the way with 2 goals. Rychel, Soshnikov and Borgman each had 1 goal. Mueller with 2 assists. Valiev, Johnsson, Smith, Goat and Timashov picking up the other helpers. 29 saves on 31 shots by Sparks.

Marlies hit the road Friday in Belleville and Saturday in Laval. This win puts them 14 points up in the North and 4 points up for 1st overall in the AHL.

Marlies drop to 37-12-0-1 with a rare 3-1 loss to Belleville last night. Valiev with the goal assisted by Johnsson and Aaltonen. Sparks 22 saves on 24 shots.

Marlies play Laval today.

Marlies move to 38-12-0-1 with a 4-2 victory over Laval yesterday. Andreas Johnsson keeps his great season going with a goal and 2 assists. Miro Aaltonen with 2 goals. Kerby Rychel with 1. Rinat Valiev, Timothy Liljegren, Calle Rosen and Martin Marincin with an assist each. Calvin Pickard with 31 saves on 33 shots to pick up the win.

This week the Marlies play at home Monday the 19th(tomorrow) against Hershey. This weekend they play in Rochester Friday the 23rd and at home against Rochester Saturday the 24th.

I'm sure I'm getting annoying by now but does that game put Johnson up to a ppg?

I'm sure I'm getting annoying by now but does that game put Johnson up to a ppg?
    46 games 23 goals, 23 assists. So yes he's a PPG player as of now. They play Hershey tonight so maybe not tomorrow. Maybe he's over a PPG tomorrow.

Marlies lose 5-2 to Hershey tonight. Aaltonen with a goal and an assist. Valiev with the other goal. Borgman picking up an assist. Sparks 22 saves on 25 shots, so two empty netters for Hershey.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    46 games 23 goals, 23 assists. So yes he's a PPG player as of now. They play Hershey tonight so maybe not tomorrow. Maybe he's over a PPG tomorrow.
    That's great for a rookie to the small ice. What kind of projection does he have from scouts as far as contribution in the NHL. Could he be a 30 goal winger?

That's great for a rookie to the small ice. What kind of projection does he have from scouts as far as contribution in the NHL. Could he be a 30 goal winger?
    He could be a top 9 20-25 goal scorer. Which is way more than you could ever hope out of a 7th round pick. He still has to make the Leafs and prove it though. He's not the biggest guy but he plays big. Not one to shy away.

Haven't posted in a while, in Orlando on vacation, checking out the Solar Bears tonight! Ill post updates after the game on which guys stand out!

Johnsson and Holl not in the Marlies lineup today. hoping for a Martin/Polak swap while im out!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast