Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Marlies lost to Rochester 6-5 in OT on Saturday to drop to 51-18-2-2. Mueller with 2 goals and 1 assist. Marchment with 1 goal, 1 assist. The Goat and Jean Dupuy each with a goal. LoVerde and Baun with 2 assists each. Bracco with 3 assists. Jesper Lindgren adding 1 assist. Pickard 39 saves on 45 shots.

Is the goat even an NHL prospect anymore? I always thought he was a shoe in - especially if he could get his FO's together.

Prospect Carl Grundstrom will join the Marlies for the playoff run.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Prospect Carl Grundstrom will join the Marlies for the playoff run.
    Ian Scott added as well as a couple call ups from Orlando in Pospisil (stand out at prospect camp) and Winquist.

Evan Buitenhuis released from his ATO i think.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Is the goat even an NHL prospect anymore? I always thought he was a shoe in - especially if he could get his FO's together.
    I think you let him and Aaltonen battle it out for the 4th line center role next year and see if they can manage. if not I both should be gone after next year.

I don't know if I would cut the goat loose quite yet.

LW depth could be crazy again shortly and with some size too, Korshkov might be coming over depending on whether or not he makes the WC team. Even if JVR leaves, one of these guys could make the team and the Marlies are still 4 deep.

Grundstrom
    Korshkov
    Timashov
    Engvall
    Marchment
    2015 Re-Draft Dream Team

Hall-Backes-Cammalleri
    Lupul-Bjugstad-Brown
    Rieder-Rakell-Hayes
    Jaskin-Jenner-Stempniak

McDonagh-Doughty
    Orpik-Jones
    Campbell-Gudbranson

Bernier
    Tokarski

Garret Sparks named AHL's most outstanding goaltender.

Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    LW depth could be crazy again shortly and with some size too, Korshkov might be coming over depending on whether or not he makes the WC team. Even if JVR leaves, one of these guys could make the team and the Marlies are still 4 deep.

Grundstrom
    Korshkov
    Timashov
    Engvall
    Marchment
    Looks 3 deep to me.

Looks 3 deep to me.
    Marchment earned an ELC, has played really well. He's way better than most players in the bottom 6 on AHL teams. The other 4 could all be NHL players. Pretty solid group.

Marlies move to 52-18-2-2 after beating Laval 4-1 last night. Chris Mueller with 2 goals and an assist. Calle Rosen with a goal and the recently added Carl Grundstrom with a goal. 2 assists for Ben Smith. Single assists going to Borgman, Marincin, Timashov, Moore and Liljegren.

53-18-2-2 for the Marlies after a 6-4 win over Laval yesterday. 2 goals for Aaltonen. Trevor Moore and Kristian Pospisil with a goal and an assist each. Erik Bradford, Dmytro Timashov round out the goal scorers. Neilsen, Grundstrom and Brady Ferguson with 2 assists each. Derian Plouffe picking up 1 assist. Pickard 26 saves on 30 shots.

Marlies currently lead Belleville 3-2 after 2 periods. Thus being the last game of the regular season. Playoff updates will be posted on this thread. Dates and times to be posted when made available.

Since you followed them so closely this year kinger.. perhaps you can weigh in on some individuals who stood out to you or dissapointed throughout the season.

Obviously Johansson impressed. I was personally hoping for better counting stats from timishov and Bracco. Not sure what to think of Brooks, I was hoping we could have another brown on our hands with him but I haven't been hearing the same glowing reports about him.

Since you followed them so closely this year kinger.. perhaps you can weigh in on some individuals who stood out to you or dissapointed throughout the season.

Obviously Johansson impressed. I was personally hoping for better counting stats from timishov and Bracco. Not sure what to think of Brooks, I was hoping we could have another brown on our hands with him but I haven't been hearing the same glowing reports about him.
    Bracco had 32 points in 50 games and poured it on after an ice cold start. Problem is we don't play the young guys in enough games to pad their stats. Its been working for other guys so why rock the boat, but would have been nice to see Bracco get in more games.

Brooks disappointed. But had a few game winners down the stretch and played better when switched to the wing.

Nielsen has fallen off a cliff. scratched more often than not now.

Borgman has been really good.

Stand outs:

Sparks: with a ridiculous year and one of the best ever for a goaltender in the AHL. SHOULD hvae a full time NHL job somewhere next season

Liljegren: A couple injuries but finished with the highest ever PPG for and 18 year old in the AHL. This kid is going to be REALLY good!

Marlies close out the regular season 54-18-2-2 with a 4-3 win over Belleville. Engvall, Bracco and Brooks 1 goal 1 assist each. Neilsen 1 goal. Ferguson, Marchment, Liljegren and Holl 1 assist each. Ian Scott 30 saves on 33 shots.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast