Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Oh, we should definitely be more attractive than the O's, but probably not the Yankees or Red Sox. Definitely would have to outpay them by a substantial amount.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

Rumor has it that Stanton would reject a deal to Philadelphia. That doesn't automatically rule out a move since it could be a false rumor. The Phillies would also have the opportunity to convince Stanton that they plan to contend immediately.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

What u guys think about Dusty, too old?

Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    What u guys think about Dusty, too old?
    I donít care if he was 30. The dude is garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    Rumor has it that Stanton would reject a deal to Philadelphia. That doesn't automatically rule out a move since it could be a false rumor. The Phillies would also have the opportunity to convince Stanton that they plan to contend immediately.
    Low key, I don't want it to happen.

Dusty isn't a good manager for a developing team. He's ideal for a club like the Nationals with a short time horizon and few prospects.

Also, the Phillies missed out on Mickey Callaway and Alex Cora. They were the top "prospects" for a managerial position.
    Last edited by The A Team; 10-23-2017 at 08:45 AM.

I wanted Callaway pretty badly. I think a pitching first guy would be great for this team.
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

It's hard to evaluate the Phillies pitch coaching chops. On the one hand, the Phillies pitching has been pretty bad. However, it's also been much better than expected.

It's hard for me to really evaluate or understanding how much effect coaches have on MLB players but it's hard to look past how well the Indians' pitching has been since he was on the staff. I just think a guy like him would've done wonders for this team that is full of middling pitching with some upside. He's a guy I feel that you could throw a dozen Pivetta types at him (which the Phillies seem to have, not arsenal but just talent) and he's going to develop a couple of them fairly well.

The question is... has the existing staff already accomplished the same? I don't know. They sure got a lot out of some really bad pitchers this year. Too bad VV and Eickhoff completely disappeared.

What kind of manager would be better for us and any names available? I really think they want Watham if they are letting good guys go.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Joe Girardi anyone?

Yanks done goofed up

There's no word yet that the Phillies have contacted or considered Girardi. They may feel they're too far along in the process. The finalists appear to be Dusty Wathan and Gabe Kapler with John Farrell serving as a dark horse candidate. One major advantage to Kapler is that he'll bring knowledge of the Dodgers' practices - a team the Phillies should emulate. Los Angeles is especially talented at developing untouted prospects like Justin Turner, Chris Taylor, Andrew Toles, and others.

I like Girardi but we'll see I have no clue who we might get.

Also on other fronts I hate losing Stairs.
    Last edited by papirico52; 10-27-2017 at 03:03 PM.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast