Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 148
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    6,996
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    We were actually happy with alot of losses but close ones like the last 5 have been. Turning into a team that gets crushed won't be what anyone wants.
    losing isn't what anyone wants.

    At this point, all you can say is that Kyle is very very good at losing. Just good enough to get you beat. Imagine if Hoyer would've continued in this game, they would've lost by more.
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

    PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Posts
    12,902
    Interesting to see Atlanta’s offense struggle so much with only change being one, Shanahan. There’s no doubt we are competitive when we get ore talent on the roster. Some people just ***** and moan to be heard. ****ing Lefty probably was pointing out things missed when we dropped 55 on Denver in the SB. “We should e scored 69. Left a lot of points on the field.” Oh that’s right, he’s quiet when we win.

    We should’ve fired Walsh during his 2 win season. ****ing losers don’t belong here.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    27,144
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    losing isn't what anyone wants.

    At this point, all you can say is that Kyle is very very good at losing. Just good enough to get you beat. Imagine if Hoyer would've continued in this game, they would've lost by more.
    You're putting an enormous exaggeration on how much is decided by coaching at this point.

    You even end this post with an example of what a good coach does.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    6,996
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    You're putting an enormous exaggeration on how much is decided by coaching at this point.

    You even end this post with an example of what a good coach does.
    Let's not get that far, since the "good" coach was emphatic about saying Beatherd isn't ready and that he'll put him in there when he thinks he's ready but not yet. Hoyer forced his hand frankly.

    You are expecing that a 3rd consecutive top 7 pick in the draft will result in what we want... how many times would you like to finish in the bottom 7 in the league Red?
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

    PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    6,996
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    Interesting to see Atlanta’s offense struggle so much with only change being one, Shanahan. There’s no doubt we are competitive when we get ore talent on the roster. Some people just ***** and moan to be heard. ****ing Lefty probably was pointing out things missed when we dropped 55 on Denver in the SB. “We should e scored 69. Left a lot of points on the field.” Oh that’s right, he’s quiet when we win.

    We should’ve fired Walsh during his 2 win season. ****ing losers don’t belong here.
    55-10 is the goal. 49-26 is also a goal. That playoff run was awesome, we outscored our opponents in 3 playoff games by 100 points. It was that amazing. They are 0-6 coast. Among the worst in football. They've been among the worst now for 3 seasons. If you are going to kiss their butt when they are among the worst, then you lack the objectivity to accurately assess this team. I've posted the positives from this game in another post (game day thread).
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

    PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    6,996
    lefty: Alec Baldwin's character in Glengary Glen Ross.

    red: Levine. (jack Lemmon's character)
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

    PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    27,144
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Let's not get that far, since the "good" coach was emphatic about saying Beatherd isn't ready and that he'll put him in there when he thinks he's ready but not yet. Hoyer forced his hand frankly.

    You are expecing that a 3rd consecutive top 7 pick in the draft will result in what we want... how many times would you like to finish in the bottom 7 in the league Red?
    Lol so now he shouldn't have benched Hoyer just to be consistent or what?

    You're expecting a non top 7 pick to have as big an impact? Thomas has come on in the last two games now, Buckner is already spoken of among the elite at his position. Seems an awful lot like a good thing to me thus far. How about the one prior to that, Aldon Smith? How about Crabtree, how's he looking these days? Guys like Ward and Jenkins tho, going late 20s/early 30s they've been elite for us right?

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    6,996
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    You're putting an enormous exaggeration on how much is decided by coaching at this point.
    Losing by 2-3 points in every game setting an NFL record... b/c even bad coaches can get wins, see Tomsula & Chip Kelly.


    The evidence is not helping you at all, your subjective opinions are frankly just that. Try to be a little more objective.
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

    PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    27,144
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    lefty: Alec Baldwin's character in Glengary Glen Ross.

    red: Levine. (jack Lemmon's character)
    More like Matthau and Lemmon.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    6,996
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Lol so now he shouldn't have benched Hoyer just to be consistent or what?

    You're expecting a non top 7 pick to have as big an impact? Thomas has come on in the last two games now, Buckner is already spoken of among the elite at his position. Seems an awful lot like a good thing to me thus far. How about the one prior to that, Aldon Smith? How about Crabtree, how's he looking these days? Guys like Ward and Jenkins tho, going late 20s/early 30s they've been elite for us right?
    Is it translating to wins? How many top 7 draft picks do you want red? 30? 25? You are on record as wanting this team to lose.
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

    PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    6,996
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    More like Landow and Lemmon.
    One of us wants this team to win, the other wants them to lose.


    Alec Baldwin's character drove an 80k BMW... you drove a Hyundai. Success vs. Failure.
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

    PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    27,144
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Is it translating to wins? How many top 7 draft picks do you want red? 30? 25? You are on record as wanting this team to lose.
    Of course it isn't, they're building a base from scratch at this point. Honestly, what exaxtly would you do? Hope that a string of 19th overall picks turn out to be all pros? You're keen to try and poke holes, but your only counter is they should win with no merits as to why.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    27,144
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    One of us wants this team to win, the other wants them to lose.


    Alec Baldwin's character drove an 80k BMW... you drove a Hyundai. Success vs. Failure.
    Never saw it. But your "character" here expects success to appear out of thin air, which will have you driving the same Hyundai in the end.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    27,144
    One of us is expecting success from nothing, the other wants to lose ONE YEAR to set the stage for future success. One has a plan, the other not so much.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    23,792
    The 49ers have:

    The most player turnover from the season before
    The youngest average age of players
    The most penalties in the league
    The most missed tackles in the league
    The most drops in the league

    Despite all that we've been in position to win 5/6 games and they've been decided by 3 pts or less. That's very optimistic that a team this young and inexperienced can play teams as close as we've done.

    Shanahan has done a remarkable job with a team that is 50% rookies and practice squad players.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •