Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    12,879

    Are the Habs ready to move on from Galchenyuk?

    He's been demoted to the fourth line, like he finished the playoffs last season. How much of it is the player, versus the coach and what he expects from his players?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    12,559
    Galchenyuk has really good hands and a pretty good shot but his hockey sense is lacking and he tries to do everything himself all too often. He's a pretty good player but I don't think he's as good as some expected. I won't mind if he gets dealt....as long as it's a good deal of course.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,626
    Yeah he seems to be just a pretty decent middle six forward overall at this point. Demoting him to the fourth line seems like a bit much but I'd agree he doesn't seem to have great hockey sense/IQ and tends to be more selfish.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    2016 NHL Re-Draft
    Vegas Aces

    New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    12,879
    Sounds like Alex Semin minus the extreme laziness to me.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    11,396
    Isn't he playing 4th line right now? Habs can't score if their lives depends on it, so what do they have to lose just centering him with Drouin and see what they have?


    The Lost Boys of PSD

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    11,396
    Gotta think Bergevin is going to be feeling the heat soon, if not already, for a terrible start by the Habs. Might be more inclined to trade Galch for anything to help the scoring woes sooner rather than later.


    The Lost Boys of PSD

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    7,774
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Gotta think Bergevin is going to be feeling the heat soon, if not already, for a terrible start by the Habs. Might be more inclined to trade Galch for anything to help the scoring woes sooner rather than later.
    I would hope. The guy has proven himself a pretty inept GM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,312
    Gally for uhhhhh Justin Abdelkader...I swear he is a 40 point player Bergevin

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cool Ranch, NM
    Posts
    28,303
    Quote Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
    Yeah he seems to be just a pretty decent middle six forward overall at this point. Demoting him to the fourth line seems like a bit much but I'd agree he doesn't seem to have great hockey sense/IQ and tends to be more selfish.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He's also still only 23 years old
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    He's also still only 23 years old
    Who's already played over 400 games. I feel like most players are who they are 400 games in especially forwards who are skill guys. Power forwards and defenseman are a big difference in my opinion.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    2016 NHL Re-Draft
    Vegas Aces

    New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    12,995
    Quote Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
    Who's already played over 400 games. I feel like most players are who they are 400 games in especially forwards who are skill guys. Power forwards and defenseman are a big difference in my opinion.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He's only played 344 games and is still the leading scoring of the 2012 draft class. Also looked up all the B's prospect from that draft and they managed an outstanding 9G/23A HAHA....man was PC a terrible drafter
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    11,396
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    He's only played 344 games and is still the leading scoring of the 2012 draft class. Also looked up all the B's prospect from that draft and they managed an outstanding 9G/23A HAHA....man was PC a terrible drafter
    OT but in regards to the 2012 draft the Flames pick from that draft Mark Jankowski got recalled finally. He was a huge project when we took him and Feaster infamously said he'd be the best player taken from the draft lol.


    What an underwhelming first few picks of that draft. Yakupov, Murray, Galchenyuk, Griffin Reinhart. At least the Leafs scored Reilly with the #5.


    The Lost Boys of PSD

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,626
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    He's only played 344 games and is still the leading scoring of the 2012 draft class. Also looked up all the B's prospect from that draft and they managed an outstanding 9G/23A HAHA....man was PC a terrible drafter
    Made a typo on games played, will have to excuse me there. Still enough games to see what a skill player drafted in the top 5 generally is going to be. Plus saying he's the leading scorer of the 2012 class doesn't say much lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    2016 NHL Re-Draft
    Vegas Aces

    New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cool Ranch, NM
    Posts
    28,303
    Quote Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
    Who's already played over 400 games. I feel like most players are who they are 400 games in especially forwards who are skill guys. Power forwards and defenseman are a big difference in my opinion.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IDK if I can agree with that. 23 years old is 23 years old. Wait till he hits his physical prime. Also, a change of scenery could be good for him.

    Random note: I looked on twitter and Canadians fans think they can get Leddy for Galchenyuk. It's pretty comical.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    IDK if I can agree with that. 23 years old is 23 years old. Wait till he hits his physical prime. Also, a change of scenery could be good for him.

    Random note: I looked on twitter and Canadians fans think they can get Leddy for Galchenyuk. It's pretty comical.
    Only D I see leaving NYI is Calvin Da Haan right now. Gal's value is really low now, but let Twitter fans think who they can get is who they will get.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •