Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Would you be interested?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, sign me up!

1 50.00%
  • No, not interested.

0 0%
  • No, to complicated.

1 50.00%
  • Maybe, don't really understand?

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Fantasy Football Using A Pro Football Focus Bonus

Buddy and I were discussing Fantasy Football and he stated that O-Line/D-Line were overlooked and WRs/RBs that were good at blocking received no points for their obviously pivotal contributions.

Pro Football Focus provides ratings and a point system for each player according to their assigned roles. My question to you is, would you be interested in a Fantasy Football league that incorporated more players using the PFF point system or having the same Fantasy format but have a PFF bonus added per the PFF grading system?

Our feeling is that it ads more to the game and would be geared towards individuals that understand and appreciate the game, all aspects of it.

We would love to hear your responses.

I hate fantasy and PFF. This is a nightmare.

No

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    absolutly not. I like PFF for some things. but the truth is its very arbitrary and not accurate. its like assigning a madden rating to a guy after watching him play. its not necessarily accurate. i think the only thing that should be related to fantasy are tangible numbers which you can prove.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Agree. And part of the fun of fantasy is stuff like going into Sunday or Monday night and knowing you need your wr to get 12 points to win. Adding in after the fact adjustments takes the excitement out of fantasy for me.

Plus weekly rankings for things like blocking can be so fickle, it's such an inexact science. To me, fantasy football is and always should be trying to find the guys who will compile the best stats, not finding the most talented players.

Take these comments with some grains of salt. There is a market for most anything- the questions start with how big is that market and how do you tap into it.

The reason typical fantasy follows what it does is because it tracks stats easily found in a box score. Even then, you note that the majority of leagues don't use individual defensive players. Why? Because of the variations these players can have in stats that appear in a box score. A cornerback who has a great game may have next to nothing appear in a box score. Was his impact less than his counterpart who got targeted all day and had more tackles?

I run a fantasy site myself called Jockstocks. It's actually a stock simulation incorporating 6 sports all together. I know it has a market. I've got people who've played on a nearly daily basis for a long time. I know the changes/additions I want to make. I just haven't found investors...yet.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment