Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pinstripezac View Post
    a 1st class job from mccann about the kid who took his job

Marly Rivera ESPN Writer
    Here was Brian McCann's message to anyone who blamed catcher Gary Sánchez for the Yankees ALCS Game 2 loss. "It's such a tough play. I don't think at all he should get blamed for anything. I mean that's a play where you don't know where the runner is at. You literally catch and five. "I don't think it's fair to be 24-years-old and to carry a pitching staff and to be learning. Unless you put the gear on and you know what it's like to put the hours in the video room to carry a staff. That is not an easy staff to catch. Guys that have splits, and they're throwing for strikes, and you got to frame them, and then they bounce them. It's really hard to block a split-finger fastball especially when they throw them for strikes as well. Gary is one of the best catchers in baseball and he's going to be that for a long, long time. I think his defense is really good."
    I tend to agree. I want to leave him behind the plate. He is young and doing fine. I don't buy the ppl saying he is lazy or doesn't work hard. They don't know shyt. He has a great arm and a decent framer but he is a bigger dude 6'4 235lb, it isn't easy for him to get down. Plus he is only a rookie dealing with an extremely diverse rotation and pen.

That said, I fully place the blame of Altuve scoring on him but it is also magnified because it was A) so costly and B) at such a crucial moment. It didn't look good, bad timing for guys that support leaving him behind the plate.

Nobody here has spoken abut the runner who slid and stood up in front of Didi when he threw to the plate and got less on the pitch then he should have. That is close to being obstruction, but it came on the last play of the game. Sanchez had to reach forward and to the right to catch the ball and then sweep a tag down and to the left. Possible, but not easy.

That was absolutely not obstruction. He slid into the bag and stayed bent over as he was coming up. 100% legal slide in every way.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    I tend to agree. I want to leave him behind the plate. He is young and doing fine. I don't buy the ppl saying he is lazy or doesn't work hard. They don't know shyt. He has a great arm and a decent framer but he is a bigger dude 6'4 235lb, it isn't easy for him to get down. Plus he is only a rookie dealing with an extremely diverse rotation and pen.

That said, I fully place the blame of Altuve scoring on him but it is also magnified because it was A) so costly and B) at such a crucial moment. It didn't look good, bad timing for guys that support leaving him behind the plate.

well said

and if that doesn't work remind them how

johnny bench led league in passed balls his rookie year and got much better

CC v Morton is a very good matchup for the Yankees . They will win tomorrow night

Obviously got to win the next 2 and then see what happens. Such a shame losing 2 close games like that. Need the bats to wake up
    Vs Morton, 1 game at a time
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    No ****

A Dodgers-Yankees World Series is what I want to see.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    A Dodgers-Yankees World Series is what I want to see.
    Scoring more than 1 run is what I want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Costanza View Post
    Scoring more than 1 run is what I want to see.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Keuchel and Verlander won’t be as effective IMo next time around...

We got to pound their #3 and #4 and we can advance...

Adjustments are being discussed this morning by Cashman and Joe...The team is going to have a big wake up inning to get the ball rolling....

I wish I had known you spoke with Cashman and Joe. I had a couple of questions for them. Why didn't you let us know?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    You think so? Well, obviously the next two games are must wins for you guys. Gotta tie up the series at 2-2.
    I really think they need to win all 3. Not a good idea going back to Houston down a game.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    That was absolutely not obstruction. He slid into the bag and stayed bent over as he was coming up. 100% legal slide in every way.

Dude, It was a pop-up slide in front of a fielder throwing the ball home. It might not be inherently illegal, but it did influence the arm angle and velocity of Didi's throw, which in turn caused a more difficult play for Sanchez which is the point.

As for obstruction, there is no reason whatsoever for a runner to use a pop-up slide at second base in the bottom of the ninth with the potential winning run about to cross the plate. The runner at 2B had already attained 2B with the slide and had no reason to want to continue to third, because if the ball is dropped by Didi, the game would be over.

With a possible 3 games in 3 nights Girardi is going to have to use his entire bullpen. He has the advantage if his lineup can get into the Astros bullpen. Their weak spot is bullpen depth and starting pitching depth.

First of all, if the Yankees cannot score against Morton or Peacock or even McCullers then they won't even see a Game 5. So the first objective is to score runs and a lot of runs. This must happen to get to a 2-2 series and then Keuchel would be next. If they can somehow keep the game close yet again and somehow get him to leave early then just maybe the Astros bullpen would be a little worn out and the Yankees could use home cooking and steal Game 5.

3-2 lead is possible and a trip to the World Series would be easier with just to win one more game.

A lot of hope but I believe in this team.The key was playing hard and close in Games 1 and 2. Sure they didn't hit but the Yankee pitching has also slowed down the Stros offense. The Yankees had their chances and didn't capitalize because the score was so close that a double could and would decide a game.

Joe will not panic with the lineup but he may play this game like a Game 7 because down 0-3 is a death sentence while you do everything possible to secure Game 3..

Go Yanks!
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    I really think they need to win all 3. Not a good idea going back to Houston down a game.
    This could play out like what we did in 2001 WS. But I do not want late inning heroics, just well played games that are won before the 7th.

The DBacks had the same formula as Houston with regards to starting pitching: Randy Johnson and Schilling
    The Astros have Keuchel and Verlander

Game 3-4 are a must, losing Game 5 would be fine because I think they can beat Verlander or at least get him out earlier so they can go against their pen.

The Yankees need a beat down tonight so the main guys of Gree, DRob and Chapman don't have to be used, we need them in Games 4 and 5...
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    CC v Morton is a very good matchup for the Yankees . They will win tomorrow night
    Very weird to see a Met fan rooting for the Yanks

Charlie Morton had good numbers this season. It's going to be a good game between both teams.
    Lets go Mets

Page 37 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast