Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3070787980
Results 1,186 to 1,189 of 1189
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I would be completely baffled if Q didn't pitch Saturday. He will have thrown 108 pitches over the course of a week. I don't see how he could be all that fatigued.
    Agree 100% But how cool would it be to steal one with Lackey on the mound?? Is it worth the risk? Maybe. Lackey is a post season veteran. I wouldn't be upset at all with him getting the start with Q piggy backing him if needed.

Q is starting

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Agree 100% But how cool would it be to steal one with Lackey on the mound?? Is it worth the risk? Maybe. Lackey is a post season veteran. I wouldn't be upset at all with him getting the start with Q piggy backing him if needed.
    Cool narrative, not something likely to be successful. Also every report out there seems pretty much adament it'll be Q today.

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

Final thoughts on another nerve racking, tension filled, exciting thrilling victory in a do or die game on the road from the Champs.

This Cubs team is one proven resilient bunch in every sense. We have faced virtually every pressure packed situation the last two years and have come out of it on the winning side. I know it's always been up for debate just how much experience matters in the playoffs, but these players do not and will not panic to whatever adversity they must face. They fight. They never quit. We are winners. We are champions. The baseball gods are finally smiling down on us. Three straight trips to the NLCS!

Wade" Stone Cold" Davis. What more can be said about this man? Ice water in the freaking veins! Seven out save in a must win and put them down in order in the 9th. A damn near perfect 32 for 33 on the season in saves and set a franchise record for most consecutive saves. Bravo.

I just can't say enough about that two out rally in the fifth off Max. Willy beating out that infield hit, pinch hit single by Zobrist, and Addy's two run double down the line. The momentum of the game shifted from those three AB's and we never trailed from that point forward. Yes, we caught some breaks later in that inning, but aren't we due after a century of none of them? The Nats caught the biggest break of the series in the PPD game that allowed them to use Strasburg to get themselves to a Game 5. Teams were basically playing to an even draw through the first four games. We didn't get nervous in Game 5. They did.

Addy! 4 RBI's in a must win! The kid came back strong from the error in Game 4. Jay had two hits and reached base three times. A leadoff double that scored on Rizzo's groundout and got the single up the middle to move Schwarber to third that eventually turned into a huge insurance run. Good game and good series for him at the plate and in the field. Same goes for Almora. The clutch game tying RBI hit in Game 3 and reached base both times in Game 5. Zobrist takes a lot of heat among the fans but he still tied for the team lead in the series with 4 hits. He was the one to finally get a hit off Max that got that rally started in Game 3.

Starting pitching really shut down one of the best offenses in baseball for those first four games. A very small margin of error with not getting any run support but they got the job done against some very good hitters. Hendricks, Lester, Quintana, and Arrieta picked up the bats and then the bats picked up Hendricks in the end. Strop deserves some special mention for being fairly good out of the pen in this series. The defense had some rough moments but they also had some shining moments. Overall, it was certainly not pretty, but it was a good team win in this series.
    Last edited by Vince70; 10-16-2017 at 02:49 AM.

Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3070787980