Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

The Trades?........Winners and Losers

I think the Sox were winners in most of these trades.......some were good for both teams but I'm well pleased with the return...

December 7, 2016

Traded Adam Eaton to the Washington Nationals. Received Dane Dunning (minors), Lucas Giolito and Reynaldo Lopez.
    December 8, 2016

December 6, 2016

Traded Chris Sale to the Boston Red Sox. Received Luis Alexander Basabe (minors), Victor Diaz (minors), Michael Kopech (minors) and Yoan Moncada.

Traded Jose Quintana to the Chicago Cubs. Received Dylan Cease (minors), Bryant Flete (minors), Eloy Jimenez (minors) and Matt Rose (minors).
    July 14, 2017

Traded Todd Frazier, Tommy Kahnle and David Robertson to the New York Yankees. Received Ian Clarkin (minors), Tito Polo (minors), Blake Rutherford (minors) and Tyler Clippard.
    July 24, 2017

Traded Anthony Swarzak to the Milwaukee Brewers. Received Ryan Cordell (minors).
    July 27, 2017

Traded Dan Jennings to the Tampa Bay Rays. Received Casey Gillaspie (minors).
    July 30, 2017

Traded Melky Cabrera and cash to the Kansas City Royals. Received Andre Davis (minors) and A.J. Puckett (minors).
    August 7, 2017

Traded Tyler Clippard to the Houston Astros. Received player to be named or cash.
    August 21, 2017

Traded Miguel Gonzalez to the Texas Rangers. Received Ti'Quan Forbes (minors).
    September 5, 2017
    Last edited by coconut; 10-12-2017 at 04:47 PM.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Do you think we make any trades this winter ? Not much left to trade........maybe Avi

While I'd hate to see him go, you have to put Abreu on this list. I'd trade him for the right return. On another note how has Luis Robert looked so far? He's the prospect I personally have the most interest in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Robert is still a good ways off, at least another year or two. Jimenez will be here maybe middle of next year.

Too early to tell in any of them IMO. Unless you count Eaton being hurt for the year and Gio/Lopez holding their own when they got called up.

Left out Sale trade........

They will field offers on Avi and Abreu. Depending on what these offers are I am OK w/ trading them or holding on to them.

Cant think of anyone else we have left that we would try to trade/would bring any return.

The Trades?........Winners and Losers

The major trades of Q, Sale, Eaton, and the Yanks deal are way too soon to judge.

I'm sure Boston and NY are happy with the outcome, as are we with the Boston return for the moment. The return from NY and the Cubs will take a few years to see what Eloy and Rutherford become.

Nats obviously aren't too thrilled losing Eaton for the season but he could still give a lot of value over that contact whole Giolito and/or Lopez could fade away. That trade will take a while to properly evaluate as well.