Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

MLB Free Agency predictions

There are not a lot of top guys in this FA so i'm just sticking to the big names for now.
    JD Martinez-Arizona
    Yu Darvish-Have no clue on this one. I'm going to guess the Yankees. They need a big name pitcher.
    Eric Hosmer-Not the most popular answer on my forum but i'm going to say it. Boston. It makes sense. We need a 1B. We need a power hitter. I think those HR numbers will go up leaving KC. And his GF Kacie McDonnell works for NESN.
    Jake Arrieta-Sorry Cubs fans....Cardinals
    Mike Moustakas-Despite the fan base wishing they hold back for next years loaded class...Yankees.
    Wade Davis-Nationals
    Shohei Otani-Deja vu. Rangers.
    Justin Upton-Says he likes the West coast. Guessing he stays with the Angels
    Lorenzo Cain-Rangers. They are rumored to be very interested
    Alex Cobb-Cubs
    Greg Holland-Stays with the Rockies
    Lance Lynn-Mariners
    Carlos Santana-Indians
    Jay Bruce-Phillies
    Zack Cozart-Reds

PAPI SMASH!

Moustakas won't be a Yankee. They have Headley for another year and Andujar in AAA. Also they are going yo get under the tax so it resets before the huge FA class after next season.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yankees will not add any bats this year.
    1st bird
    2nd Castro
    Ss didi
    3rd headley/ Torres
    C Sanchez
    RF judge
    Cf Hicks
    LF Gardner
    DH you have Ellsbury Frazier and others to rotate. They donít have a need or spot this year for position players.
    Starters
    Severino
    Gray
    Montgomery
    Adams

I expect the Yankees to go hard for otani and possibly a mid rotation arm.
    I think they will also trade betances and possibly add another big arm in the pen. They can get under the luxury tax by going with this team and see if hicks Torres bird and Frazier take the next step and truly see if they need to break the bank for manny and or Harper. Iím guessing they get one in 2018. So yea overall I expect a somewhat calm offseason for the Yankees.

There is absolutely no one I'd want to commit to long term other than Wade Davis and Otani.

Upton would be a nice fit in the Giants OF but he hates AT&T park so that won't happen.

There's been talk about the Giants being expected to go hard after Moustakas. Eh.

The Giants's main priority is defense and run prevention this offseason. Maybe they go after Lorenzo Cain though I hope they don't land him. I don't want him on a four or five year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Upton would be a nice fit in the Giants OF but he hates AT&T park so that won't happen.

There's been talk about the Giants being expected to go hard after Moustakas. Eh.

The Giants's main priority is defense and run prevention this offseason. Maybe they go after Lorenzo Cain though I hope they don't land him. I don't want him on a four or five year deal.
    A 0.0 WAR or above left-fielder wouldn't hurt either.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    A 0.0 WAR or above left-fielder wouldn't hurt either.
    They could put a scarecrow out there and he'd be more productive than what we had this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    They could put a scarecrow out there and he'd be more productive than what we had this season.
    I might sign said scarecrow to be the Orioles fifth starter next year

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    There is absolutely no one I'd want to commit to long term other than Wade Davis and Otani.
    Us Cubs fans are pretty split on Wade. His past is obviously amazing but he did have the elbow scare last year and this year was another step in the wrong direction, although still very good. I'm indifferent to it. Among RP with 50+ IP he ranked 17th in ERA, which is not that special, or special enough to pay 15+ per year (at age 32) Then you have his BB% that spiked and of course consequently his FIP was like 3.5, which is not that special. Right now his stuff is still there but can you expect that to sustain as you pay him through his age 36 or 37 year season, is the question. I have doubts for sure.

If we did bring him back I wouldn't be upset at all, though.

Quote Originally Posted by j-bay View Post
    There are not a lot of top guys in this FA so i'm just sticking to the big names for now.
    JD Martinez-Arizona
    Yu Darvish-Have no clue on this one. I'm going to guess the Yankees. They need a big name pitcher.
    Eric Hosmer-Not the most popular answer on my forum but i'm going to say it. Boston. It makes sense. We need a 1B. We need a power hitter. I think those HR numbers will go up leaving KC. And his GF Kacie McDonnell works for NESN.
    Jake Arrieta-Sorry Cubs fans....Cardinals
    Mike Moustakas-Despite the fan base wishing they hold back for next years loaded class...Yankees.
    Wade Davis-Nationals
    Shohei Otani-Deja vu. Rangers.
    Justin Upton-Says he likes the West coast. Guessing he stays with the Angels
    Lorenzo Cain-Rangers. They are rumored to be very interested
    Alex Cobb-Cubs
    Greg Holland-Stays with the Rockies
    Lance Lynn-Mariners
    Carlos Santana-Indians
    Jay Bruce-Phillies
    Zack Cozart-Reds
    No way Cards sign Arrieta.

1. They don't need more starters, but if they wanted pitching, it would be Lynn
    2. They won't be signing compensation level free agents, they never do, and only signed Fowler because they were losing the pick any way.

I would rather want the rangers to go after Eric hosmer then Lorenzo Cain

I can see Hosmer on the Mariners, Cain on the Rangers and Moustakas on the Angels.

Yankees are 100% committed to getting below threshold and resetting penalty schedule ó presumably so they can sign FAs after 2018 with lowest penalty possible if they exceed threshold.

Top pitchers
    Yu Darvish-Dodgers
    Jake Arrieta-Cardinals
    Masahiro Tanaka-Red Sox
    Shohei Otani-Rangers
    Wade Davis-Cubs
    Lance Lynn-Cubs
    Alex Cobb-Cubs
    Greg Holland-Nationals

Top position players
    JD Martinez-Diamondbacks
    Eric Hosmer-Red Sox
    Mike Moustakas-Cardinals
    Lorenzo Cain-Mets
    Jay Bruce-Rangers
    Zack Cozart-Blue Jays
    Last edited by TylerSL; 10-13-2017 at 04:24 AM.

Guy makes what I thought would be a fun thread to read everyone's predictions.

Instead everyone is just criticizing his predictions. I especially love when people say "no way blank signs with blank"...... Like, as if you have any ****ing clue. No one knows and it's just a prediction.

With that said, I'll check later for more predictions. Don't feel like taking the time to write any of my own.

My only free agency prediction is my piece of **** run team will sign no one significant.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast