Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    Quote Originally Posted by BoKnowsRaiders View Post
    Probably because he wanted to keep the power blocking scheme.

The outside, zone blocking is not our strength. I can see Tice getting upset with Downing, but JDR siding with TD and not Tice. Because Downing is so bright.
    Yeah, they used the word "Bright" and "Downing" together in that article from Vegas. Seemed like a pretty big misuse of bright. If he can't correct what's wrong with his program he ain't so bright...
    "..When you have great coaches, then after you have great coaches you get great players, you have a great organization, and you tell them one thing-

Just win baby"

~ Al Davis ~

This will be Del Rio's 3rd year here and 3rd season where we won't finish with a defense ranked in the top half of teams. In other words, we've yet to have even a statistically average defense under him. Reggie has played a big role too, we don't have the talent of a top 5 unit but how much longer can a defensive coach last with these results?

So if we fire Downing, it is another scapegoat solution, it won't fix the bigger problem we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wang View Post
    This will be Del Rio's 3rd year here and 3rd season where we won't finish with a defense ranked in the top half of teams. In other words, we've yet to have even a statistically average defense under him. Reggie has played a big role too, we don't have the talent of a top 5 unit but how much longer can a defensive coach last with these results?

So if we fire Downing, it is another scapegoat solution, it won't fix the bigger problem we have.
    I am about to give you one of the most horrifying statistics I've ever found about the Raiders:

In the past 30 years ('88 - '17) the Raiders have only finished in the top 15 of both points and yards 6 times. The Raiders have only been in the top-10 of either defensive category in 8 years of the past 30.

That is a stunning level of defensive ineptitude.

Ironically, the Raiders are 19th and 18th in defensive yards / scoring, respectively. The defense would have an easier time getting into the top half of the league than the 19th and 23rd ranked yards / scoring offense, surprisingly.

(tl;dr -- Defense has stunk for 30 years and the '17 offense stinks, too)

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    I am about to give you one of the most horrifying statistics I've ever found about the Raiders:

In the past 30 years ('88 - '17) the Raiders have only finished in the top 15 of both points and yards 6 times. The Raiders have only been in the top-10 of either defensive category in 8 years of the past 30.

That is a stunning level of defensive ineptitude.

Ironically, the Raiders are 19th and 18th in defensive yards / scoring, respectively. The defense would have an easier time getting into the top half of the league than the 19th and 23rd ranked yards / scoring offense, surprisingly.

(tl;dr -- Defense has stunk for 30 years and the '17 offense stinks, too)

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324