Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    I quit my job so that I could watch tonight's game woooh!

OK not really... But I did originally have a dinner meeting scheduled for tonight that I rescheduled for next week because I'm feeling "sick".

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post

OK not really... But I did originally have a dinner meeting scheduled for tonight that I rescheduled for next week because I'm feeling "sick".

I have class till 8pm central.

The return... 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by the brave eagle View Post
    i would not bring back torrey smith. i think either mack hollins or a rookie can take over at that spot for way cheaper. nice thing with our draft picks is i don't think we have a major need now anywhere next year. i think corner got solidified with the darby trade an i like the 3 young guys with mills, douglas, an jones. maybe get a linebacker or dt to replace bradham or jerigan. or a wr to replace jeffery if we can't sign them
    I'd easily bring back Torrey. He's not expensive first of all. Second of all if you ignore some of the drops, he's gotten open deep consistently. The guy has popped over the defense constantly. He's dropped some and Carson has missed some but he's been actually very important for the offense. You can't ignore the threat of Torrey smith because it'll be a TD. Trading desean stunted our offense. I'm not sure Mack hollins can do that. We have yet to see him prove that he can get open on that level consistently. I mean it's been twice a game where he's popped over the top. Thats bigger than stats

Also replacing bradham is one thing. But I don't think it's wise to replace Jernigan at all. He's 25 and has proven to be a stud in the middle. Next to cox they are terrors. They are by far the engine of our defense. When you start messing with things like that to save money that's when you go from contender to perennial mediocrity. Not to mention you avoid fixing real holes by creating new ones. Why would you jettison the strength of our defense? We have other holes that need to be filled no use in creating new ones. There's no guarantee a drafted DT performs at even half the level of Jernigan. Especially as a rookie
    Last edited by last stand; 10-12-2017 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I think it is pretty clear Alshon is the #1.
    He's the best guy, but I think the eagles are playing a very traditional west coast offense right now and the balls moving around nicely and every receiver has a role that they're accomplishing nicely right now

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    We are being foolish if we think Alshon comes back without a huge payday. I donít want to be the team that does it. Get on the phone with Cleveland and see what Gordon will take.
    Disagree. I think he gets a nice payday longterm. And I think the eagles should do it. Can't mess with carsons progress. What'll provide success for the eagles more than anything going forward is consistency. Imagine the chemistry for the offense going into next season if we bring everyone back. That's something that's bigger than stats.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    im letting NA and Smith walk. Give Hollins the outside and draft a slot WR in the mid rounds. wont be too displeased if we keep NA on the cheap though but I could see a team overpaying trying to get more out of him.
    I think hollins is a classic example of "potential". I know people think he's this untapped stud but let's be honest here. He's a nice prospect and may develop. But the eagles coaches see him every day in practice. If he was this obvious answer he'd get on the field more. Too many are ready to use him to replace the success we've had at WR this season without hollins proving he's that guy.

hes a rookie, of course we look at the potential, hes not gonna play over the guys in front of him as as rook. Im not willing to cut anyone in favor of him but im open to giving him a bigger role in the next year or 2 if we mvoe on from certain guys.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

01-30-2018, 10:57 AM #0 MILLERHIGHLIFE

Enjoy missing the playoffs. Enjoy that capspace with no win now pieces joining a injury-prone Embiid. hahhahahah Fultz pick looks very bad for you guys. I'm not even feeling sorry either. Talk about a boring process.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post

HAha nice. I did that three seasons ago almost every eagles game. I worked 15 n 6 so would end up missing most games. Started calling in sick before jobs and eventually everyone picked up on it, luckily my boss became a good friend and he started just giving me days off when eagles were playing.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    I'd easily bring back Torrey. He's not expensive first of all. Second of all if you ignore some of the drops, he's gotten open deep consistently. The guy has popped over the defense constantly. He's dropped some and Carson has missed some but he's been actually very important for the offense. You can't ignore the threat of Torrey smith because it'll be a TD. Trading desean stunted our offense. I'm not sure Mack hollins can do that. We have yet to see him prove that he can get open on that level consistently. I mean it's been twice a game where he's popped over the top. Thats bigger than stats

Also replacing bradham is one thing. But I don't think it's wise to replace Jernigan at all. He's 25 and has proven to be a stud in the middle. Next to cox they are terrors. They are by far the engine of our defense. When you start messing with things like that to save money that's when you go from contender to perennial mediocrity. Not to mention you avoid fixing real holes by creating new ones. Why would you jettison the strength of our defense? We have other holes that need to be filled no use in creating new ones. There's no guarantee a drafted DT performs at even half the level of Jernigan. Especially as a rookie
    Ugh, just looked it up. Jernigan is in the Rosenhaus group. Going to be a tough re-sign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    I think hollins is a classic example of "potential". I know people think he's this untapped stud but let's be honest here. He's a nice prospect and may develop. But the eagles coaches see him every day in practice. If he was this obvious answer he'd get on the field more. Too many are ready to use him to replace the success we've had at WR this season without hollins proving he's that guy.
    I was keeping up with odell beckhams rookie year because I really thought he'd be a stud. He didn't really play much at first either. Not saying hollins will turn into OBJ (or even close) but not all studs get the PT right away, jus saying

Your baby can't do this

Beckham missed the first 4 games with an injury as a rookie.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

01-30-2018, 10:57 AM #0 MILLERHIGHLIFE

Enjoy missing the playoffs. Enjoy that capspace with no win now pieces joining a injury-prone Embiid. hahhahahah Fultz pick looks very bad for you guys. I'm not even feeling sorry either. Talk about a boring process.

Hamstring. Almost dropped him in fantasy. Won me some cash that year.
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

My point isn't Mack hollins shouldn't play in the future. My point is we shouldn't let people go before the guy actually earns his field time. If he outplays people by all means have him replace some people. But there's no reason to let go of productivity in favor of a total unknown

Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    HAha nice. I did that three seasons ago almost every eagles game. I worked 15 n 6 so would end up missing most games. Started calling in sick before jobs and eventually everyone picked up on it, luckily my boss became a good friend and he started just giving me days off when eagles were playing.
    My boss actually does that quite a bit as well actually.. Haha he's a broncos fan though

Your baby can't do this

Cox is an official: ACTIVE.

Expected, but still, so great to see.
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast