Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 LastLast
Results 931 to 945 of 964
  1. #931
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    7,669
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    They also sided with the South during the Civil War and the Brits in 1776 and 1812

    Why anyone should give a **** about what Canadians do or think is a waste of time

    The only reason relations with Canada are what they are today is because they desperately needed our help to save their peoples lives when the Halifax explosion occurred... Another instance where the US bailed our neighbors to the north out.


    Still upset we burned your White House down

  2. #932
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    41,245
    Are we holding a 200 year grudge with Canada now?

  3. #933
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    7,669
    Especially seeing as Canada wasn't even a nation in 1776 or 1812

  4. #934
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    41,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Especially seeing as Canada wasn't even a nation in 1776 or 1812
    I love Canada.....been trying to convince my wife to move there for a while now.

  5. #935
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,720
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Yea, this is a point of frustration right here for many in the black community. So you're saying they're all just dreaming this **** up?? Really? Does that even make any ****in sense?

    Forget this media wave about race relations that started 5 years ago, this **** has been going on on the ground since malcolm and martin. You think its ever stopped since then? They let blacks and whites eat in the same retstaurants now and you think its over? Let's fly bush out to the ship for a victory speech?

    You're from the hood bro, tell me am I wrong, EVERYBODY says it. Like a solid 80% of people are like, yea, this **** stays going on, this **** is annoying. This is not protect and serve, this is harassment. From professionals, to business owners, to yea people on the block. EVERYONE. You're telling me these people are just dreaming **** up in their head? Just blowing things out of proportion? Come on man, get real.
    Perception is not always reality. Just because people believe something, even if they are serious and true about their beliefs, it doesnít make it true.

    Look at Michael Bennett. You either have to believe he viciously lied about those cops in Vegas or you have to believe his perception just didnít match the reality of the situation.

    The problem in our society is that we fail to define the problems in reality. Instead we have to look at this as if all cops are racist or all black people are lying and choose a side. Neither one of those statements is accurate nor will they fix the issues. Sometimes they are true but most times itís a combination of false realities either by the cops or by the civilians. Itís not the actions of officers or black people (civilians in general) we need to change, itís the false perception created by false reality.

  6. #936
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,094
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I don't watch the NFL at all. haven't seen one second of NFL games this season.
    that also has nothing to do with the point.

    I posted what Time magazine said for the "game operations manual". that specifically talks about what the players should do, and nothing about the fans.









    the Time magazine article specifically talks about NFL rulebook and NFL game operations manual. these are not the same thing.



    Time magazine also included..


    the link you posted is the official playing rules, and has nothing about the anthem at all. anything related to the anthem is not a game rule.

    Time magazine article also says this from the spokesperson..





    there is no doubt Trump made this a bigger story. but it wasn't dying down. dying down would imply that it was bigger in 2016 and then not so much in 2017, but I know it was still being talked about in 2017 that including people speculating on why Kaepernick had not yet been signed as if his kneeling was the reason.





    if they have been "doing that financially and socially for quite some time" then why was another protest in the NFL necessary. you just said they already have been doing something, so why do they need to find a less controversial way.

    it would be ignorant to deny that this has been controversial when there has been overwhelming evidence to back it up, including many people/well known people saying they're no longer going to watch, including media writing about how this act of kneeling during the anthem is disrespectful/offensive.
    this has been controversial, and that is taking away from the impact and awareness of the protest. if they had picked a better choice of protest from the beginning then it would have had a much better chance at raising awareness to many more people.

    I have repeatedly offered other choices of protest that could help, while you haven't offered anything. maybe you don't care. why don't you want to raise more awareness.
    Oooooof. You didn't even bother to read it, did you? You're completely mixing up every reference to the operations manual and official playing rules. For ****'s sake, even in a quote you tried to defend yourself with, you conveniently ignored this part: " The rulebook is concerned with in-game actions by players and coaches (like scoring, penalties, challenges and so on), whereas the game-operations manual dictates how NFL games should be run in the bigger-picture organizational sense."

    You either misunderstood, conveniently ignored information in front of you (a constant), or simply got excited about sharing debunked info.

  7. #937
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    14,820
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Are we holding a 200 year grudge with Canada now?
    nah ... just pointing out their irrelevance when they get on their high horse...

    The country of Canada can be summed up best as "born on third think they hit a triple"

  8. #938
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    7,669
    Typical American attitude. And you wonder why your country is hated worldwide. Example,
    You thought Canada was a country 200 years ago. Do some research before you try (and fail miserably) at throwing shade

  9. #939
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    14,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Typical American attitude. And you wonder why your country is hated worldwide. Example,
    You thought Canada was a country 200 years ago. Do some research before you try (and fail miserably) at throwing shade
    where did I say Canada was a "country" 200 years ago?

    Do you even understand the origin of the name Canada? Are you some sort of idiot that thinks "Canada" was first used to describe the legal name of the country?

    Of course you would want to have an argument over something superfluous to the points I was making...

    So do your ****ing research first and understand that the word Canada originates from Kanata and has been used to describe your shithole since the 1500's

  10. #940
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    17,747
    Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    Oooooof. You didn't even bother to read it, did you? You're completely mixing up every reference to the operations manual and official playing rules. For ****'s sake, even in a quote you tried to defend yourself with, you conveniently ignored this part: " The rulebook is concerned with in-game actions by players and coaches (like scoring, penalties, challenges and so on), whereas the game-operations manual dictates how NFL games should be run in the bigger-picture organizational sense."

    You either misunderstood, conveniently ignored information in front of you (a constant), or simply got excited about sharing debunked info.
    the part that you just said.. is my point.

    " The rulebook is concerned with in-game actions by players and coaches (like scoring, penalties, challenges and so on), whereas the game-operations manual dictates how NFL games should be run in the bigger-picture organizational sense."
    the anthem has nothing to do with the NFL rules (like scoring, penalties, challenges and so on) so something about the anthem would not be in the link about the rules.

    One is the NFL rulebook;
    another is the NFL game operations manual
    these are 2 separate things.
    the anthem is not in the rules.
    the anthem is in the operations manual, according to an NFL spokesperson which is where the quote about the anthem came from.



  11. #941
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    78,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    The country of Canada can be summed up best as "born on third think they hit a triple"
    Are you sure you didn't accidentally describe our president and his children? Lol

  12. #942
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    7,669
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    where did I say Canada was a "country" 200 years ago?

    Do you even understand the origin of the name Canada? Are you some sort of idiot that thinks "Canada" was first used to describe the legal name of the country?

    Of course you would want to have an argument over something superfluous to the points I was making...

    So do your ****ing research first and understand that the word Canada originates from Kanata and has been used to describe your shithole since the 1500's
    I think some needs a time out

  13. #943
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    7,669
    And of course I know where the term Canada comes from. I never knew you were talking about the Iroquois. Silly me

  14. #944
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    20,183
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Perception is not always reality. Just because people believe something, even if they are serious and true about their beliefs, it doesnít make it true.

    Look at Michael Bennett. You either have to believe he viciously lied about those cops in Vegas or you have to believe his perception just didnít match the reality of the situation.

    The problem in our society is that we fail to define the problems in reality. Instead we have to look at this as if all cops are racist or all black people are lying and choose a side. Neither one of those statements is accurate nor will they fix the issues. Sometimes they are true but most times itís a combination of false realities either by the cops or by the civilians. Itís not the actions of officers or black people (civilians in general) we need to change, itís the false perception created by false reality.
    The ignorance is astounding. So you are saying, yes, there is a non issue but people ar dreaming one up in their head

    Truly mind blowing ignorance

  15. #945
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,720
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    The ignorance is astounding. So you are saying, yes, there is a non issue but people ar dreaming one up in their head

    Truly mind blowing ignorance
    In some cases yes, in some cases no.

    The facts didnít support Michael Bennett.

    The facts didnít support ďhands up. Donít shoot.Ē

    The facts donít support a lot of these cases. The facts donít always support police perceptions either. Itís a mixed bag.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •