Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

First coach to be fired this season?

Who's going to be the first coach to be fired this season?

I'm going with Paul Maurice in Winnipeg.

Darkhorse candidate: Glen Gulutzan

The Lost Boys of PSD

Jeff Blashill

Not with this management though.

Paul Maurice is a good bet, wouldn't go against it.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz:31893731
    Paul Maurice is a good bet, wouldn't go against it.
    The first name that comes to mind even though I believe their defensive struggles are on the players.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    The first name that comes to mind even though I believe their defensive struggles are on the players.
    Gotta come down on the coach eventually. They've basically been like this as long as he's been there not to mention they are always one of the most undisciplined teams in the league as well.

Yea it's Paul Maurice then the rest of the field, though Dave Hakstol and Bill Peters come to mind if there are struggles out the gate for either of them. Last year was a step back in Philly, and Carolina has seemingly been a dark horse team for 2-3 years now and has nothing to show for it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by tomsa592 View Post
    Yea it's Paul Maurice then the rest of the field, though Dave Hakstol and Bill Peters come to mind if there are struggles out the gate for either of them. Last year was a step back in Philly, and Carolina has seemingly been a dark horse team for 2-3 years now and has nothing to show for it yet.
    Carolina overachieved last year and the development of their defense has been top notch. Their forwards aren't exactly great and have injury woes. They had Eddie Lack and Cam Ward in net - not exactly great goaltenders. Every year with Peters as the head coach they've improved as well. IMO, Bill Peters should be safe through the regular season.

Carolina has started to get some nice pieces up front but they still could use some top 6 scoring. Actually a Duchene trade to the Canes makes a lot of sense, especially with the quality young dmen they have. And Bran is right Ward and Lack are terrible tenders.

The Lost Boys of PSD

I agree it’s highly unlikely, but he’s the 7th longest tenured coach in the NHL and went from 71 to 86 to 87 points and they made a bit of noise in the offseason trying to improve the team. There’s definitely a case to be made that he could be on the chopping block if they struggle out of the gate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeBoer getting canned by the Sharks has gotten some traction recently.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    DeBoer getting canned by the Sharks has gotten some traction recently.
    Too early to do that imo. Edmonton and Nashville are both struggling now too. I doubt Todd McClellan gets let go this early, so DeBoer deserves more time as well. Gotta adjust to not having a locker room leader like Marleau around.

Sharks are on the decline. Tough to blame DeBoer for it but they are lacking and young talent to replace Marleau and Thornton's decline. Burns is off to a rough start too.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Dark horse candidate is AV. I cut this team slack, I think it's largely a new wave of Rangers and new era of Rangers in a sense. They don't have long before some heads will turn though, a 1-5 start sitting last in the East is going to have to change sooner rather than later though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 NHL Re-Draft
    Vegas Aces

New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant