Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    I don't know why people think we will be going after martinez or Hosmer.... we don't nearly have close to the room to take on another huge contract.

It may be a good thing if Hanley starts on the DL and he gets say 475 PAs, and the contract ends.

Keep E-Rod, hell the guy is only 24, people act like he is 28/29 and still trying to figure it out.

Best if we resign Nunez at this point
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    I don't know why people think we will be going after martinez or Hosmer.... we don't nearly have close to the room to take on another huge contract.

It may be a good thing if Hanley starts on the DL and he gets say 475 PAs, and the contract ends.

Keep E-Rod, hell the guy is only 24, people act like he is 28/29 and still trying to figure it out.

Best if we resign Nunez at this point
    Because the clock is ticking. We arn't resigning all 4 killer Bs. 2 of those guys are probably gone. Betts has earned his big bucks, Benintendi is getting there, and Bogey and JBJ has baseballs version of the devil repersenting them. While i understand not wanting to take on Hosmer because his stats are to low for the money, there is no way we are getting past Houston and Cleveland with out a big power bat. No Santanas or Joey Bats. We need a guarentee HR hitter.

PAPI SMASH!

Quote Originally Posted by j-bay View Post
    Because the clock is ticking. We arn't resigning all 4 killer Bs. 2 of those guys are probably gone. Betts has earned his big bucks, Benintendi is getting there, and Bogey and JBJ has baseballs version of the devil repersenting them. While i understand not wanting to take on Hosmer because his stats are to low for the money, there is no way we are getting past Houston and Cleveland with out a big power bat. No Santanas or Joey Bats. We need a guarentee HR hitter.
    J-Bay question. Where do we get the money for that? We have $577.5M committed in contracts according to Baseball Reference. Plus we ate $50M from Pablo.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    J-Bay question. Where do we get the money for that? We have $577.5M committed in contracts according to Baseball Reference. Plus we ate $50M from Pablo.
    We didn't go past the luxury tax this year. On Sox Prospect its believed we did not go over 195M. So we got 19M coming off the books, but around 15M dollars in arb. The penalty would be loss of a second round. I say go for Martinez. You don't lose a first.

PAPI SMASH!

Jbay's only solution is to sign Sexy names even if it severe overpayment..... Never the way the go.... see yankees from 2010-2016

We didn't lose in the playoffs because we didn't hit HRs, we lost because our SPs sucked nuts, then Kimbrell sucked nuts in game 4

A full year of Devers, a perhaps healthier Ramirez, some progression in others, and signing a very productive hitter who is very capable of 30+ HRs, who will not cost a huge commitment (especially in years) is really all we need.

That or trading Porcello, who was absolutely awful, 281? base runners in 203 innings, with 38 HRs.... that is insanely *****y

Jbay's only solution is to sign Sexy names even if it severe overpayment..... Never the way the go.... see yankees from 2010-2016

We didn't lose in the playoffs because we didn't hit HRs, we lost because our SPs sucked nuts, then Kimbrell sucked nuts in game 4

A full year of Devers, a perhaps healthier Ramirez, some progression in others, and signing a very productive hitter who is very capable of 30+ HRs, who will not cost a huge commitment (especially in years) is really all we need.

That or trading Porcello, who was absolutely awful, 281? base runners in 203 innings, with 38 HRs.... that is insanely *****y
    I'm not saying go for just the sexy names. We need a guarentee HR hitter. But you want to take on another project hitter. Mookie can hit for power, but i wouldn't rely on him to be that type of hitter. We can talk about a full year of Devers, but there is going to be an adjustment period. I got a feeling he won't be there just yet. Xander and JBJ are not that type of player, and i thought we agreed that Benintendi was only a 20-25 HR guy. We need at least one guarentee power hitter.

PAPI SMASH!

Quote Originally Posted by j-bay View Post
    I'm not saying go for just the sexy names. We need a guarentee HR hitter. But you want to take on another project hitter. Mookie can hit for power, but i wouldn't rely on him to be that type of hitter. We can talk about a full year of Devers, but there is going to be an adjustment period. I got a feeling he won't be there just yet. Xander and JBJ are not that type of player, and i thought we agreed that Benintendi was only a 20-25 HR guy. We need at least one guarentee power hitter.
    You keep saying that about a player who over the last 2 years has averaged 28.5 HRs and a .360 wOBA. How is that a project hitter?

I'm not for trading Bogaerts at all he was a top 8 SS (FG WAR) with a injured wrist half the season and was the 3rd youngest of that group in the top 8.

So I'll say it again and I'll stop the broken record.

With Farrell gone, a full year of Devers, a healthy Price, and Smith all season, Wright coming back along with Thornburg, and not have full on regression with the hitters.

I believe adding Santana, and resigning Nunez are all we need to do imo

You keep saying that about a player who over the last 2 years has averaged 28.5 HRs and a .360 wOBA. How is that a project hitter?

I'm not for trading Bogaerts at all he was a top 8 SS (FG WAR) with a injured wrist half the season and was the 3rd youngest of that group in the top 8.

So I'll say it again and I'll stop the broken record.

With Farrell gone, a full year of Devers, a healthy Price, and Smith all season, Wright coming back along with Thornburg, and not have full on regression with the hitters.

I believe adding Santana, and resigning Nunez are all we need to do imo
    You said it yourself.

if he has a good contact year then he is a real dangerous bat.
    Thats what i mean. We need someone who is a good power hitter and someone who hits good contact.

PAPI SMASH!

A little more info on his surgery.

WEEI. Wow worse than we thought.
    Quick version: they cleaned up his shoulder. That's pretty much what I thought.

I think this definitely opens the door for extending Eduardo Nunez
    IDK. The Sox really only know that we need him for next year. If Pedroia opts not to have surgery then the whole situation could be ugly.

There's actually some decent logic to it. NYY is expected to shed payroll this year and next while augmenting their young core. If the Sox fail to strike within the next two years they not only miss that window but they also risk losing Sale, Pomeranz, and Price to FA (feeling pretty confident Price will take less money to pitch where he is "respected"). The time for them to win is 2018.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Missing a couple months and coming back on fire would be the best situation in the world for the Red Sox. Sounds like he'll make the opening bell, though.

I don't think many people feel like he's trying to figure it out. A lot of people see Buchholz II in him though. I've been pretty frustrated by his inconsistency and injury history. If we're lucky then he's finally going to be clear of the main source of injury and we might have the 1/2 that we hoped for when the "big three" are entering FA.

Some precedents for [the] type of surgery [Rodriguez underwent]: Os third baseman Manny Machado underwent a similar surgery in August 2014. The following year, he played 162 games and finished fourth in MVP voting. Reliever Chad Qualls, then of the Diamondbacks, suffered a patella dislocation on Aug. 30, 2009, underwent surgery in September, and was ready for Opening Day the following year.
    Speier

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456