Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    The article references the same quote I posted above from Chad Jennings.

@PeteAbe
    The notion that the #RedSox will end up with Hosmer, Martinez or Stanton is starring to appear unfounded. Bigger expenditure could be extending a player or two already on the roster.

Might as well trade Sale for prospects then. We ain't going anywhere without a power bat.

PAPI SMASH!

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    The article references the same quote I posted above from Chad Jennings.
    Completely different....yours says rumblings, mine says it as a statement

Bad news corky....

Evan Drellich
    @EvanDrellich
    Source: Giancarlo Stanton has preferences like anyone else, but has not ruled out Red Sox and is keeping ‘completely’ open mind.

PAPI SMASH!

The Red Sox may not be Giancarlo Stanton’s No. 1 choice, but he hasn’t ruled out them or anyone else as a potential destination at this point, a person with knowledge of Stanton’s thinking told NBC Sports Boston on Tuesday.

The Marlins slugger, a bona fide star, is said to have a “completely” open mind about teams interested to trade for him, and is actively trying to be thoughtful about the process — one he ultimately controls because of a full no-trade clause.

Coming off a 59-homer season, Stanton has been linked to the Red Sox, Giants, Cardinals and Phillies this offseason as the Marlins look to shed the $295 million he could be potentially paid over the next 10 years.

The Boston Herald reported that it was one source’s understanding that Stanton will not accept a trade to Boston or St. Louis.

It’s only human nature to have preferences, and Stanton does. There’s an industry belief he would love to go to San Francisco, where he’d be close to home. He grew up in Southern California. But, for the right reasons, Stanton can be persuaded to go most anywhere.

The Red Sox may wind up bowing out of the Stanton sweepstakes for other reasons, ultimately, such as the cost in prospects and dollars, rather than Stanton’s preferences.
    http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/red-...-open-mind?amp

PAPI SMASH!

Quote Originally Posted by j-bay View Post
    @PeteAbe
    The notion that the #RedSox will end up with Hosmer, Martinez or Stanton is starring to appear unfounded. Bigger expenditure could be extending a player or two already on the roster.

Might as well trade Sale for prospects then. We ain't going anywhere without a power bat.
    I'm so tired of all these rumors. First it was a "lock-solid certainty" we get one of the 3 stars, now it's there's a good chance we don't grab any of them. Hopefully we'll all find out in a month when all is said and done probably

Quote Originally Posted by corky831 View Post
    I would rather just get JD Martinez than waste talent/money on Stanton....
    Same here.

PAPI SMASH!

I would rather just get JD Martinez than waste talent/money on Stanton....

@NBC10_Joe
    A source tells me that the #RedSox are still very much in play for Giancarlo Stanton. In fact the only reason that he was not hot on Boston right away is because of the cold weather. His top choice is the Dodgers, then the Giants after that if they can put together a contender.

PAPI SMASH!

The more reports of us being linked to Stanton, the more my stomach hurts. Just go with Martinez for a fraction of that ticket. Betts, Benni, and probably Devers should be off limits. That should be the core we build around, lock them up if you feel like throwing around some money.

@BNightengale
    The J.D. Martinez asking price to teams at GM Meetings:
    Seven years, $210 million

That ******

PAPI SMASH!

Boras can ask for $300M as far as I’m concerned, GM’s know what the market value is and won’t give in to Boras’ lofty demands.

@BNightengale

That ******
    Notice how he is asking for 30 million. Same as Stanton.

PAPI SMASH!

I'd set a max at 5 years 130

@BNightengale

That ******
    Wow!

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast