Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by trentman1155 View Post
    Hire Dave Martinez, Alex Cora or Brian Butterfield
    Send Bogarts Plus Plus to Miami for Stanton
    Clean up our bullpen to many in known pieces.
    Let Fister walk
    Aquire a SP either by trade or FA
    Trade Holt
    Trade Bradley see what you can get SP or Restock the farm
    Trade Hanley ??
    Sign JD Martinez
    Trade Castillo for RP
    Sign a reliable C that can provide some offense in the lineup Lucroy?
    Trade for Abreu
    Here's where I'm at as a team

C- Vazquez Lucroy
    1B Abreu, Hanley
    2B Pedy
    3B Devers
    SS ?? Fast and good Defender
    LF Benni
    CF Mookie
    RF Stanton
    DH Martinez
    I think that's far too much change. Nor do I think we will get both Stanton and Martinez. I think Stanton fits our timeline better being only 27. However Martinez would just cost us money. We wouldn't have to give up our core. So I give the edge to Martinez. I don't think he's going to hit 47 homers next year either. Nor do I see Stanton hitting 59. Regardless we need one of them to balance this batting order out. I believe everyone looks better once we have power in the middle of the order again.

I've been clamoring for Hosmer for years now. I know that his defense isn't elite like it was, and that his advanced stats aren't elite either. So he's going to be over paid, which is what it is. I want his leadership here. We need a leader. He's that leader.

Does anyone think you could get Stanton while unloading Price?? Maybe Price and 2 specs? I feel like thats a win win for us. Miami needs an ace as well. I know that leaves us with an immediate need for another starter.

Yoan Moncada 2B
    Mookie Betts RF
    Andrew Benintendi LF
    Power Hitting DH (Ex: J.D. Martinez)
    Rafael Devers 3B
    Xander Bogaerts SS
    Travis Shaw 1B
    Christian Vazquez C
    Jackie Bradley Jr. CF

What could have been...

Can someone explain to me why Andrew Benintendi is not on this list?

http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/boston-red-sox/

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    Yoan Moncada 2B
    Mookie Betts RF
    Andrew Benintendi LF
    Rafael Devers 3B
    Xander Bogaerts SS
    Travis Shaw 1B
    Christian Vazquez C
    Jackie Bradley Jr. CF

What could have been...
    Come on AI. I think Sale will continue to do good. The guy could of been a 20 game winner this year if he had more run support.

PAPI SMASH!

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post

http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/boston-re...intendi-17622/

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxtober View Post
    Apparently the way to improve a 93-win roster is to start over with a new roster.
    Haha right? I'm on the boat of just sign Santana and have Price back in the rotation and a full year of Devers, Carson Smith and Thornburgh

We are not getting Stanton or JD Martinez. Hope to god not Hosmer.

People like to forget that Devers, Betts, Bogaerts, Benintendi, and E-Rod are all 25 and younger... yet they are not supposed to have growing pains? Come on. Fact is Bogaerts, Betts, E-Rod will be entering the age next year when they are realistically supposed to put it all together.

Benintendi, and Devers will continue to see ups and downs.

Adding a switch hitting power guy like Santana, and rolling with a stable lineup every night (as in not changing it every game) will do a lot to improve the offense, along with some progression, as opposed to this season's roster wide regression offensively
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    Haha right? I'm on the boat of just sign Santana and have Price back in the rotation and a full year of Devers, Carson Smith and Thornburgh

We are not getting Stanton or JD Martinez. Hope to god not Hosmer.

People like to forget that Devers, Betts, Bogaerts, Benintendi, and E-Rod are all 25 and younger... yet they are not supposed to have growing pains? Come on. Fact is Bogaerts, Betts, E-Rod will be entering the age next year when they are realistically supposed to put it all together.

Benintendi, and Devers will continue to see ups and downs.

Adding a switch hitting power guy like Santana, and rolling with a stable lineup every night (as in not changing it every game) will do a lot to improve the offense, along with some progression, as opposed to this season's roster wide regression offensively
    No one is afraid of Carlos Santana. The reason why i picked Hosmer over Martinez was because he fits the postition we need and fits the youth movement. We can't half *** it with Santana. We got to get past Houston and Cleveland. We got to get someone who their pitchers fear. I'm sure if i brought up the name Carlos Santana, they would "Yeah he is good, but i can handle him. We need a guy where if a pitcher makes a mistake, he is going to pay.

PAPI SMASH!

Trent
    What are the chances of Boston landing both Hosmer and JD Martinez

Jeffrey Todd
    Not seeing both. Really I'm not sure either is the greatest fit. I'm not on the Hosmer bandwagon.

Jose Abreu makes for a nice fit; I expect they will look into him while considering FA targets.
    https://www.jotcast.com/chat/mlbtr-live-chat-2641.html

PAPI SMASH!

If they really wanted to go the cheap route, they could look at a guy like Logan Morrison for 1B. He did hit 38 bombs this year with Tampa.

[CENTER]Celts, Sox, Pats, Bruins

Quote Originally Posted by trentman1155 View Post
    Hire Dave Martinez, Alex Cora or Brian Butterfield
    Send Bogarts Plus Plus to Miami for Stanton
    Clean up our bullpen to many in known pieces.
    Let Fister walk
    Aquire a SP either by trade or FA
    Trade Holt
    Trade Bradley see what you can get SP or Restock the farm
    Trade Hanley ??
    Sign JD Martinez
    Trade Castillo for RP
    Sign a reliable C that can provide some offense in the lineup Lucroy?
    Trade for Abreu
    Here's where I'm at as a team

C- Vazquez Lucroy
    1B Abreu, Hanley
    2B Pedy
    3B Devers
    SS ?? Fast and good Defender
    LF Benni
    CF Mookie
    RF Stanton
    DH Martinez
    Butterfield should be fired instantly. 3B coach and infield coach that had the most outs at home while running the bases. Also Red Sox were 24th in the league in fielding% with one of the best outfields in the league, so you know a good portion of those errors were by infielders.

Get Butterfield as far away from this team as possible IMO.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

For a guy who’s name always seemed to have a good connotation around it, Butterfield’s success level was low. He ran players into so many dumb outs. Remember when he sent Moreland home vs the Astros and he was out by a mile?

Quote Originally Posted by j-bay View Post
    Come on AI. I think Sale will continue to do good. The guy could of been a 20 game winner this year if he had more run support.
    I love Chris Sale but I never supported the “put all your eggs into the basket” approach of Dombrowski. The best team hardly ever wins. After weird years, we were on the right track again of building a team that could compete not just in the 2-3 year period that we are in now, but a team that could compete every year for the foreseeable future.

Hard not to like what the Yankees are doing right now and they’ll only continue to get better once Torres and others come up and they shed those awful contracts off their books. We might be the better team now, but I think we royally screwed the pooch. I’ve been consistent with how I see things, we better win a world series these next 2 years otherwise we mortgaged our future for nothing.

Current Arbitration:
    Joe Kelly – 3.6MM- Accept
    Eduardo Rodriguez $2.7MM- Decline
    Tyler Thornburg $2.1MM- As much as I want to see him 2 TJ’s? Decline
    Sandy Leon $2.0MM- Accept
    Brock Holt $2.0MM- Thanks for the memories but decline
    Christian Vaz $ 1.5MM Accept
    Steven Wright: $ 1.2MM Accept
    Carson Smith: $1.1MM Accept
    Brandon Workman $900K Decline
    Josh Rutledge $700K Decline

Redsox on the hook for roughly $ 9 MM

Redsox Saving: Roughly $ 10.6 MM

2018 Depth Chart

1st Base: Mitch Moreland: Offer another 1-year contract.
    2nd Base: Dustin Pedroia/ Brandon Phillips 1-year offer (If DP needs surgery. For 36-year-old did very well in LAA) If he needs surgery he may not be ready for the 2018 season so will need a 2B
    3rd Base: Eduardo Nunez/Rafael Devers: I would do a 3 year offer on Nunez
    LF: Andy Benintendi/Young
    CF: JBJ
    SS: Xander Bogaerts
    RF: Betts/Martinez Offer 3 years max 4 years.
    DH: Ramirez
    C: Vazquez/Leon

Rotation
    1. Sale
    2. Porcello
    3. Price
    4. Pomeranz
    5. Wright
    Bullpen
    Kimbrel CL
    Smith 7th inning
    Kelly/Neshek 8th inning 1-year contract

Yoan Moncada 2B
    Mookie Betts RF
    Andrew Benintendi LF
    Rafael Devers 3B
    Xander Bogaerts SS
    Anthony Rizzo 1B
    Christian Vazquez C
    Jackie Bradley Jr. CF

What could have been...
    Fixed. TBH, I don't hate that Moncada is gone. He struggled putting it together past AA.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post

Same reason that Heiker Meneses is on it. Just cuz. Presumably it was captured heading into ST.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Monster View Post
    For a guy who’s name always seemed to have a good connotation around it, Butterfield’s success level was low. He ran players into so many dumb outs. Remember when he sent Moreland home vs the Astros and he was out by a mile?
    The only reason that I'd give him a bit of a pass is that I think he's implementing Farrell's system. Butterfield has done a great job helping XB into a decent SS and Devers' better-than-expected debut at 3B might have had his fingerprints on it as well. I also some behind the scenes stuff that he did that had a positive impact. On the whole I find him a better influence than negative... although I expect him to be shown the door.

Hard not to like what the Yankees are doing right now and they’ll only continue to get better once Torres and others come up and they shed those awful contracts off their books. We might be the better team now, but I think we royally screwed the pooch. I’ve been consistent with how I see things, we better win a world series these next 2 years otherwise we mortgaged our future for nothing.
    Clearing salary just in time to replace their OF with Harper? Oooh, fun!

Butterfield? OMG No.

Cora has been contacted by all 4 teams looking (98.5). Jump on him fast.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast