Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Teheran, Reilly, and Viz.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck.mcmillan View Post
    Teheran, Reilly, and Viz.
    No chance, Teheran is probably being viewed as an average pitcher right now, Viz doesn't have enough control and scouts are split on Riley. No one is trading a guy like Bregman right now, inexpensive star in the making.

It's crazy seeing Wood and Morton pitch World Series gems VS each other.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    No chance, Teheran is probably being viewed as an average pitcher right now, Viz doesn't have enough control and scouts are split on Riley. No one is trading a guy like Bregman right now, inexpensive star in the making.
    Tehran average? Nah dude. One bad season at home doesnít get him considered as average! Especially with his contract.

That said...... I donít know how Teheran got in the conversation, but unless Hou has a major blow to its rotation, I canít see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Tehran average? Nah dude. One bad season at home doesnít get him considered as average! Especially with his contract.

That said...... I donít know how Teheran got in the conversation, but unless Hou has a major blow to its rotation, I canít see that happening.
    Last three seasons:

NL starter average numbers (roughly)

4.25 ERA 4.18 FIP 4.12 xFIP 7.81 K/9 2.97 BB/9 1.16 HR/9

Julio Teheran

3.92 ERA 4.35 FIP 4.42 xFIP 7.63 K/9 2.90 BB/9 1.25 HR/9

That seems pretty average to me, in fact he's below average at everything but ERA, and his contract doesn't change that, he's an underpaid average starter, that has some value though.

Last three seasons:

NL starter average numbers (roughly)

4.25 ERA 4.18 FIP 4.12 xFIP 7.81 K/9 2.97 BB/9 1.16 HR/9

Julio Teheran

3.92 ERA 4.35 FIP 4.42 xFIP 7.63 K/9 2.90 BB/9 1.25 HR/9

That seems pretty average to me, in fact he's below average at everything but ERA, and his contract doesn't change that, he's an underpaid average starter, that has some value though.
    LOl... Please stop! Take out this horrible season of home stats and all that changes! Just stop! Heís far above average no matter how much you want to be right. Iím not even going to respond to that nonsense after this one.. To many real baseball debates to have. You can have the last word on that rediculous assumption.
    Last edited by SB75; 10-30-2017 at 11:14 PM.

i agree with beldugo. seems like he's had a lot of 'one of those years.'
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

"of course tom 'jan' brady would whine about a rule change."
    -chipurmunki

The Marlins want to trade Stanton and Prado. I wonder what the Braves interest level is?

And how did Fried and A-Jax not make the AFL all star game?

And how did Fried and A-Jax not make the AFL all star game?
    All of the teams only get to send one or two guys and seems Braves sent other guys instead. Seen all they needed to see from those two at that point.

LOl... Please stop! Take out this horrible season of home stats and all that changes! Just stop! Heís far above average no matter how much you want to be right. Iím not even going to respond to that nonsense after this one.. To many real baseball debates to have. You can have the last word on that rediculous assumption.
    Ok, I'll stop giving you facts. You can keep living on a cloud if you like.
    Last edited by beldugo; 10-31-2017 at 05:34 PM.

The way Austin Reilly is playing, could he get a shot out of spring training? Heck what about Alex Jackson?

Quote Originally Posted by chuck.mcmillan View Post
    The way Austin Reilly is playing, could he get a shot out of spring training? Heck what about Alex Jackson?
    Riley should be in consideration for a top 100 prospect nod, but being just 20 and not much experience above AA he's at least 1 year away from the majors, he may have a shot by 2019 ST, the same can be said about Jackson, he switched position and is a catcher now so I expect him to spend the year in the minors and probably most of the 2019 too.
    Last edited by beldugo; 10-31-2017 at 10:11 PM.

Riley should be in consideration for a top 100 prospect nod, but being just 20 and not much experience above AA he's at least 1 year away from the majors, he may have a shot by 2019 ST, the same can be said about Jackson, he switched position and is a catcher now so I expect him to spend the year in the minors and probably most of the 2019 too.
    I actually agree with you here. I was a fan of the Jackson trade, so I personally was ecstatic that he started off well with the Braves and has preformed in the AFL. I wouldnít be surprised to see him or Riley crack the top 100. However Iím hoping to see both of them see extended time in the minors. Anything before the All-star break I would consider a bit rushed for Riley. I look for A-Jax to make his splash in 2019.

MLBTR.com is predicting Mike Moustakas to us at 5yrs/85 mil. Are you guys in favor of this?
    Last edited by SB75; 11-03-2017 at 02:36 AM.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast