Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Moustakis got a QO

I don't like Archer much either, and I watch a decent amount of Rays games. Best case scenario he's a low-end #2. I don't think he's as good as Teheran, for instance, but because he strikes guys out people think he'll be better.

I think he's a Javier Vazquez type with half the repertoire. Bad pitchability and bad problems with homers - both of which add up to a perpetual underachiever. I'd rather hope Teheran figures out his Suntrust homer problems than trade a bunch for a guy like Archer who will probably have the same problems, or worse.

If we want to trade for a stuff guy I'd rather see what it'll take from the D Backs to get Shelby Miller back since the price will be much lower and I don't think there's much difference between Miller and Archer.

I am pretty sure we will go out and get 1 SP. Who will it be?

Quote Originally Posted by chuck.mcmillan View Post
    I am pretty sure we will go out and get 1 SP. Who will it be?
    This is outside of the box thinking, but if the Red Sox are indeed willing to eat a chunk of salary, I like going after David Price!

There where rumors he was unhappy and Heís said in the past he grew up a Braves fan. I would not give up high prospects and I donít think it will take that. Both parties seem ready to go theyíre separate ways. It could be a huge get for us, or if the injuries resurface a huge let down. Itís a swing for the fences, but if the Sox are paying to move on, it could well be worth it!

Outside of Darvish and Price, other ideas I like that where mentioned by other posters are

Zack Cozart to play 3B
    Brandon Phillips to play 3B
    Alex Cobb.... will be much cheaper and if he returns to original fourm, could be a huge steal.

If we end up with one of the for mentioned pitchers healthy and one of those guys on a short term deal to play 3B, Iíll like our chances. While Iím not expecting Cozart to repeat his 2017, plus defense, along with his improved eye at the plate and 15-20 hrs, would fit nicely.

Another name that was big at one time that we might can get for next to nothing, J. Profar. His career has not gotten of to the start he wouldíve hoped, however all that talent didnít just vanish. For the right price Iíd roll the dice.

Could we go after Stanton and ship Kemp and Johnson in the deal to off set 37mil? We owe 15.75 to Kemp the next 2 years and 5 mil to Johnson. Sign Nunez to play 3b until Reilly is ready.

Incierte
    Albies
    Freeman
    Stanton
    Acuna
    Nunez
    Flowers/Suzuki
    Swanson/Camargo

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Outside of Darvish and Price, other ideas I like that where mentioned by other posters are

Zack Cozart to play 3B
    Brandon Phillips to play 3B
    Alex Cobb.... will be much cheaper and if he returns to original fourm, could be a huge steal.

If we end up with one of the for mentioned pitchers healthy and one of those guys on a short term deal to play 3B, Iíll like our chances. While Iím not expecting Cozart to repeat his 2017, plus defense, along with his improved eye at the plate and 15-20 hrs, would fit nicely.

Another name that was big at one time that we might can get for next to nothing, J. Profar. His career has not gotten of to the start he wouldíve hoped, however all that talent didnít just vanish. For the right price Iíd roll the dice.
    Zack Cozart is really good, but I doubt he will sign with a team to be a third baseman, unless someone overpay, and it will also be a shame to see him go to third, he's been a top 5 defensive SS in the NL for the past 3 seasons. I would love to sign him to play third I just don't see it happening.

I'd rather roll the dice on Camargo than sign Phillips.

I think Darvish is a good choice for us if his price range is close to 125MM for 5 season, more than that isn't worth it. I don't think we are in a position to pursue mid-rotation starters this offseason, pitchers like Cobb and Lynn are nice additions when you already have a solid rotation, we have so much young pitching that a couple of them could become mid-rotation starters by 2019-2010 and by that point Cobb or Lynn could become surplus and we lose leverage in trades.

If we don't get Darvish I think we should go with what he have in the rotation. 2018 is sink or swim for Folty, if he doesn't improve he should be move to the pen. Let's see what we got in a full season of Gohara-Fried-Newcomb to see if we really need mid-rotation starters.

Go Teheran-Gohara-Folty-Newcomb-Fried to start the season and see what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Zack Cozart is really good, but I doubt he will sign with a team to be a third baseman, unless someone overpay, and it will also be a shame to see him go to third, he's been a top 5 defensive SS in the NL for the past 3 seasons. I would love to sign him to play third I just don't see it happening.

I'd rather roll the dice on Camargo than sign Phillips.

I think Darvish is a good choice for us if his price range is close to 125MM for 5 season, more than that isn't worth it. I don't think we are in a position to pursue mid-rotation starters this offseason, pitchers like Cobb and Lynn are nice additions when you already have a solid rotation, we have so much young pitching that a couple of them could become mid-rotation starters by 2019-2010 and by that point Cobb or Lynn could become surplus and we lose leverage in trades.

If we don't get Darvish I think we should go with what he have in the rotation. 2018 is sink or swim for Folty, if he doesn't improve he should be move to the pen. Let's see what we got in a full season of Gohara-Fried-Newcomb to see if we really need mid-rotation starters.

Go Teheran-Gohara-Folty-Newcomb-Fried to start the season and see what we have.
    I guess that would depend on what heís offered. If the Braves believe in his 2017 offensive season, I could see them offering him a front loaded 3 year contract that he doesnít get at SS with his advancing age. That infield defense would be awesome!

Darvish is my guy, but I could see them interested in others. I could also see them going with the young guys to see what they have.

The Braves will hire Alex Anthopoulos as their new general manager, Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports (Twitter links). The official announcement could come this week during the GM Meetings. Anthopoulos will be the teamís final decision-maker in baseball-related matters, with John Hart remaining as the teamís president of baseball operations for now but in more of a ďcounsel/figureheadĒ type of capacity.
    according to MLBtraderumors.com its official

RIP Gene Wilder

2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

#Faith

2017 Vikings Draft :

#Faith

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Donít new GMs in every sport usually like to make a splash (Darvish)?

**** yeah! Need to pry Kimbrel out of Boston's cold dead hands too

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Donít new GMs in every sport usually like to make a splash (Darvish)?
    I'm not sure but I wouldn't think so. I don't think it's smart to make a splash move just because your new. However, I do wonder if AA will take a look at dealing for Josh Donaldson. He obviously knows what he is going to get with him and Donaldson fills a need. The downside would be a deal would either include Austin Riley or block him.
    2017 Vikings Draft :

#Faith

I'm not sure but I wouldn't think so. I don't think it's smart to make a splash move just because your new. However, I do wonder if AA will take a look at dealing for Josh Donaldson. He obviously knows what he is going to get with him and Donaldson fills a need. The downside would be a deal would either include Austin Riley or block him.
    I'd give up Riley in a heartbeat to get Donaldson though. Freeman and Donaldson at the corners? Dang dude. What do you think it would take?

Probably something including one or two of our pitching prospects along with Riley.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast