Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    According to DOB the Braves left Dustin Peterson and Travis Demeritte unprotected for the rule 5 draft.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

#Faith

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    According to DOB the Braves left Dustin Peterson and Travis Demeritte unprotected for the rule 5 draft.
    Peterson kind of surprises me, Demeritte ehh not really. I think DOB also followed up with a tweet that said something that he doesn't think there are many teams that are willing to guarantee a spot on their major league roster for a guy whose numbers aren't the best.

RIP Gene Wilder

They protected pitchers instead of those two, much easier for teams to carry them instead of position players all year.

Peterson surprised me a bit. I think he has a chance to develop into a solid 4th OF. Demeritte has too much swing and miss in his game. Doubt he appeals to any teams.
    2017 Vikings Draft :

#Faith

I just saw someone post on a different site that there is a 50% chance that Ohtani comes to the Braves. I don't know how this is possible, especially with our sanctions. Thoughts??

Quote Originally Posted by chuck.mcmillan View Post
    I just saw someone post on a different site that there is a 50% chance that Ohtani comes to the Braves. I don't know how this is possible, especially with our sanctions. Thoughts??
    yeah that doesn't make much sense.

I know I keep seeing reports that he doesn't care about the money he just wants to go to the right situation and a place that is going to let him continue to be a 2 way player but, when it comes to it, I really don't see him passing on a big contract for the small amount of money the Braves can give.

RIP Gene Wilder

We have are normal allotment of cash for this years international pool and next. Those don't start till 2019 for what ever reason.

What is the allotment for this year and next?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    We have are normal allotment of cash for this years international pool and next. Those don't start till 2019 for what ever reason.
    We are in the penalty though and can’t offer more than $300K from what I understand.

$4.75 Million is our normal allotment, the thing is Ohtani will have to count towards the 17-18 bonus pool and we already spent most of it. Another issue being we are capped at 300K per player being we went over in 2016 when we signed Maitan (Seems we had gone over in 2015 as well - this is why we got hit by the MLB).

The biggest issue I see in us going after him is the 20M posting fee they want to even start talking, we just don't have that kind of cash to throw out. Most likely going to have to eat alot of money in moving Kemp or Markakis as it is. Twins apparently are going hard at him and have most of there pool left at 3M. Plus Yankees and Rangers both have north of 3.5M left and can give it all to him - also could go over being they are not in the penalty.

I don't know how much pool we have left but as I said we are restricted to only being able spend 300K, plus having to throw 20M just for the posting fee? Don't see us getting involved in that at all.

Ken_Rosenthal

Sources: #Braves have parted with Adam Fisher, whom they hired as assistant GM on Sept. 12, and hired Andrew Tinnish from #BlueJays as their VP of amateur and international scouting, with Perry Minasian moving from director of player personnel to assistant GM.

Fisher, who was close to former #Braves GM John Coppolella, had two years left on contract; money owed to him will be off-set by salary he earns with next club. Tinnish and Minasian both had worked under new GM Anthopoulos with #BlueJays. Minasian will be VP baseball ops/asst GM.

Most Players Skipped MLB’s Workout For Former Braves Prospects

Major League Baseball held a showcase today in the Dominican Republic for the 12 former Braves prospects whose contracts the league voided, but most of the players did not show up.

Of the 12 players, just three—outfielders Antonio Sucre and Brandol Mezequita and shortstop Angel Rojas—were at the workout, which was at Estadio Quisqueya in Santo Domingo. According to multiple sources, several players did not show up to the workout because they are in the middle of their offseason and felt that MLB did not give them sufficient time to prepare themselves to be showcased for clubs.

Players are eligible to sign with any of the other 29 teams beginning on Dec. 5. The players are allowed to keep their original signing bonuses they received from the Braves and are allowed to receive a second signing bonus from another club as long as they sign by Jan. 15. Only the amount of the signing bonus above $200,000 will count toward a team's international bonus pool, and the signing club can inform MLB whether it wants the player's bonus to count toward either its current 2017-18 bonus pool or its upcoming 2018-19 bonus pool.

After Jan. 15, a player can still sign with another club, but he can't receive a second signing bonus. A player can still re-sign with the Braves, but must wait until May 1 to do so and will not be allowed to receive a second bonus from them.
    Read more at https://www.baseballamerica.com/inte...lvPsDGcTwX5.99
    2017 Vikings Draft :

#Faith

Braves signed Christian Colon
    2017 Vikings Draft :

#Faith

How about a 3 team trade. We send Teheran to the Cubs/Angels. We send Kemp to Tampa. We get Archer. The Cubs/Angels send 2 prospects to Tampa 2 in the top 100. The cubs/Angels send 10 million to us for part of Kemps contract. The Rays send 6 million for Kemps contract and we eat the rest. We would then include a top 100 prospect to send to the Rays and we send more international pool money to Anaheim. At the end of the day because of money that Sandiego, LA, Angel/Cubs, and the Rays have sent for Kemp, we would really only be responsible for $16 mil over 2 years. If you take Archers contract and add 8 mil to it over 2 years, which is what we would be doing. We would have a steal and an ace to Anchor our staff.

Rays will never take on money, they are even looking to deal Evan Longoria possibly. Plus Teheran isn't worth 2 top 100 players, not after last season.

To get rid of Kemp your talking about us sending a team Kemp/Teheran/top 100 guy plus money. Even then teams won't do it. Kemp is negative value right now being the bat is so-so and really can't play the field.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast