Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 76 to 88 of 88
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    12,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I'd give up Riley in a heartbeat to get Donaldson though. Freeman and Donaldson at the corners? Dang dude. What do you think it would take?

    Probably something including one or two of our pitching prospects along with Riley.
    Well the Jays gave up Brett Lawrie, Kendall Graveman, Sean Nolin, and Franklin Barreto. Nolin and Barreto were both top 10 prospects. Lowrie was once a top 50 prospect. All I could find on Graveman was that he was the A's #7 prospect after the 2014 season. So that's a pretty strong haul.

    I would imagine they would want somebody close to the majors to somebody like Newcomb, Gohara, or Fried would be on the table. A lower level prospect with upside so Joey Wentz, Kyle Muller, or Touki make sense. Austin Riley would be included. Maybe throw in Adonis Garcia or Matt Adams to fill a spot on the major league roster. I have no idea if that would work. Donaldson only has 1 year left so we would either be taking a risk that he doesn't sign or we have to dish out a big contract to him. Either way I think that lessens the package for him slightly.

    I have no idea what AA thinks but I would have to imagine Allard, Wright, and Soroka are off limits. Plus the obvious ones like Acuna, Albies, and Maitan. I really have no idea, though honestly lol
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

    #Faith

  2. #77
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Well the Jays gave up Brett Lawrie, Kendall Graveman, Sean Nolin, and Franklin Barreto. Nolin and Barreto were both top 10 prospects. Lowrie was once a top 50 prospect. All I could find on Graveman was that he was the A's #7 prospect after the 2014 season. So that's a pretty strong haul.

    I would imagine they would want somebody close to the majors to somebody like Newcomb, Gohara, or Fried would be on the table. A lower level prospect with upside so Joey Wentz, Kyle Muller, or Touki make sense. Austin Riley would be included. Maybe throw in Adonis Garcia or Matt Adams to fill a spot on the major league roster. I have no idea if that would work. Donaldson only has 1 year left so we would either be taking a risk that he doesn't sign or we have to dish out a big contract to him. Either way I think that lessens the package for him slightly.

    I have no idea what AA thinks but I would have to imagine Allard, Wright, and Soroka are off limits. Plus the obvious ones like Acuna, Albies, and Maitan. I really have no idea, though honestly lol
    You can't really compare a potential trade for Donaldson to what the Jays gave up for him. He will be a 33 year old free agent in 2019. 1 year of an almost past prime (age wise) shouldnt be an overwhelmhing haul.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    738
    donaldson is still a stud that would cost a top prospect an a few lesser prospects

  4. #79
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by the brave eagle View Post
    donaldson is still a stud that would cost a top prospect an a few lesser prospects
    I agree it would take one stud and a few lesser, not 3 top prospects that was suggested.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    144
    I wonder if AA will get involved in the Stanton or JD Martinez sweepstakes? We would obviously have to move both Kemp and Markakis if we do, with Acuna set to come up next season. Not sure what it would take to get Stanton, but hearing the asking price is sky high right now. I'm good with either of those options though. Huge upgrades to the lineup. I would also be on board with Donaldson for the right price. His bat still plays and his defense is underrated in my opinion.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,905
    Question for someone with better knowledge of MLBís CBA.

    As far as IFA is it a dollar for dollar tax when you are in that 2 year penalty or is it a strict you canít sign any player over 300k? Iím not sure because I remember something about the red Sox paying a tax for Mocada?

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    26,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Braves1622 View Post
    I wonder if AA will get involved in the Stanton or JD Martinez sweepstakes? We would obviously have to move both Kemp and Markakis if we do, with Acuna set to come up next season. Not sure what it would take to get Stanton, but hearing the asking price is sky high right now. I'm good with either of those options though. Huge upgrades to the lineup. I would also be on board with Donaldson for the right price. His bat still plays and his defense is underrated in my opinion.
    We have to move one of them and to do so most likely will have to send money with them so no I don't see us getting in a bidding war for guys who will/do make 20-25M.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    4,951
    No shot on JD. Dudes asking price is at least $200 mil.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8,036
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Well the Jays gave up Brett Lawrie, Kendall Graveman, Sean Nolin, and Franklin Barreto. Nolin and Barreto were both top 10 prospects. Lowrie was once a top 50 prospect. All I could find on Graveman was that he was the A's #7 prospect after the 2014 season. So that's a pretty strong haul.

    I would imagine they would want somebody close to the majors to somebody like Newcomb, Gohara, or Fried would be on the table. A lower level prospect with upside so Joey Wentz, Kyle Muller, or Touki make sense. Austin Riley would be included. Maybe throw in Adonis Garcia or Matt Adams to fill a spot on the major league roster. I have no idea if that would work. Donaldson only has 1 year left so we would either be taking a risk that he doesn't sign or we have to dish out a big contract to him. Either way I think that lessens the package for him slightly.

    I have no idea what AA thinks but I would have to imagine Allard, Wright, and Soroka are off limits. Plus the obvious ones like Acuna, Albies, and Maitan. I really have no idea, though honestly lol
    Yeah I'd guess it would be less than what they paid for him originally but still a pretty substantial haul. I could see it being Newcomb, Folty, Riley, and maybe someone like Toussant too? Would you pay that price?

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Yeah I'd guess it would be less than what they paid for him originally but still a pretty substantial haul. I could see it being Newcomb, Folty, Riley, and maybe someone like Toussant too? Would you pay that price?
    If Donaldson signs an extension hell yes! But the chances of that happening are close to zero with him being this close to free agency, Donaldson's never been a free agent before so this is his chance. If he doesn't want to sign an extension I wouldn't trade anyone for him because that will be like burning money.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8,036
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    If Donaldson signs an extension hell yes! But the chances of that happening are close to zero with him being this close to free agency, Donaldson's never been a free agent before so this is his chance. If he doesn't want to sign an extension I wouldn't trade anyone for him because that will be like burning money.
    Yeah that's true. You'd have to be certain he'd resign and idk if he would, like you said. I mean he isn't getting any younger. I sure like Donaldson a lot though. Would trading for Donaldson be any better than signing Moustakas though? Donaldson is obviously better but if you got Moose and got to keep all the prospects that's gravy

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Yeah that's true. You'd have to be certain he'd resign and idk if he would, like you said. I mean he isn't getting any younger. I sure like Donaldson a lot though. Would trading for Donaldson be any better than signing Moustakas though? Donaldson is obviously better but if you got Moose and got to keep all the prospects that's gravy
    I just don't see Moustakas as a consistent above average player 3-4 WAR and I see no upside in him, his cost will be premium because he's not old and hit 37 homers last season but I think we can do better than him at third base, maybe not this year, but soon.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8,036
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    I just don't see Moustakas as a consistent above average player 3-4 WAR and I see no upside in him, his cost will be premium because he's not old and hit 37 homers last season but I think we can do better than him at third base, maybe not this year, but soon.
    Yeah I get that. He hasn't been a portrait of consistency in the the MLB that's for sure. I would like us to get someone at 3rd, though. I feel like we need another consistent bat in our lineup. Kemp had his moments last year and it was great when he and Freeman were both on but Kemp fell off. Freeman got hurt and didn't come back as great as he was, but he was still bringing it every game. We need a consistent compliment to him.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •