Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Mets Manager search

New name to the list is Sandy Alomar Jr.

Obviously other names are

Alex Cora

Robin Ventura

Joe McEwing

Kevin Long

Chips Hale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's also Charlie Montoyo and Bob Geren.

anybody have any favorites here? It's honestly a toss up for me but I would love to see John Franco as a bullpen coach and either Ventura or Cora as manager. Guys seem to really like Cora and I remember posting maybe 7 years ago that I thought he'd make a great manager (as did a few others) but it would be funny and cool to see him get his first shot with the Mets.

Mets Manager search

What's John Franco going to teach the pen? They already suck. And sucking is his area of expertise.

Franco was the freaking worst.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    What's John Franco going to teach the pen? They already suck. And sucking is his area of expertise.

Franco was the freaking worst.
    How walk off the mound with a ****ing grin after blowing a game?

Add Joe Girardi to the list. Yankee fans fired him last night.

Yeah, because it's his fault CC cant make it past the 6th inning
    Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by eltwo View Post
    Yeah, because it's his fault CC cant make it past the 6th inning
    He had some TC moments.

Not asking for a replay challenge and leaving in Green too long when he may not had have his best stuff.

I think Kevin Long is an interesting candidate. He's at least managed in the minors a couple of seasons, and I guess he has been around the NY market long enough to know what not to say to the press.

But are there any good young managers available with MLB experience? It seems once these guys get their shot, they all seem less exciting. Ventura I guess is youjng and experienced, but doesn't seem that exciting for instance. Brad Ausmus was the up and comer a few years back, but seemed a little too laid back and not great with the press in Detroit. And it didn't end well there. And the Diamondbacks this year gained 27 wins in the year after they fired Chip Hale.

If they are going the experienced manager route, I always liked Ron Gardenhire. I think I'd rather have a young tech-savvy guy like Cora or Long, though.

I'm personally not fond of the Hale or Geren move. Both guys would be boring additions that don't address the issue with philosophy/culture. IMO we need somebody completely new and a bit fiery.

Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    I think Kevin Long is an interesting candidate. He's at least managed in the minors a couple of seasons, and I guess he has been around the NY market long enough to know what not to say to the press.

But are there any good young managers available with MLB experience? It seems once these guys get their shot, they all seem less exciting. Ventura I guess is youjng and experienced, but doesn't seem that exciting for instance. Brad Ausmus was the up and comer a few years back, but seemed a little too laid back and not great with the press in Detroit. And it didn't end well there. And the Diamondbacks this year gained 27 wins in the year after they fired Chip Hale.

If they are going the experienced manager route, I always liked Ron Gardenhire. I think I'd rather have a young tech-savvy guy like Cora or Long, though.
    Yeah

I remember Matt Williams winning MotY award and then boom!

Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post

Agreed. Changes in managerial and coaching staff are opportunities to implement a new philosophy. I'd like to see the FO, which is supposedly analytical and believes in advanced metrics (this is debatable by their track record IMO), hire a guy who thinks the way they do. It would be interesting to see someone construct a lineup based on advanced metrics, and use the pen based on actual data rather than "righty-lefty", "7th inning guy, 8th inning guy, closer" mentality.

It's certainly worth a shot to see if it all works.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    How walk off the mound with a ****ing grin after blowing a game?

Maybe he can teach them how to keep a job and have a huge section of blind as a bat fans think they're great despite being awful.

Joe Madden might be available. Cubs fans are gnashing their teeth at their $5m genius manager.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyCantWeWin View Post
    Mine and Joe Maddon’s with his inability to manage a pitching staff

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Joe Madden might be available. Cubs fans are gnashing their teeth at their $5m genius manager.
    No way. He's regarded as top 5 managers by most - maybe the best along with Francona.

A postseason series isn't going to get Maddon fired, especially since he won last year.

**** Maddon, I will be less of a fan if this **** face gets the job.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast